All (RED) Zone / VIP Tickets Discussion HERE Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
red zone philly and NJ

Red Zone for Philly-bringing 2 of my kids age 10 and 12, hoping they will be able to see, but mostly just excited to see U2 on the floor, and in Philly! Feel a little old to do GA-definitely would have been right there with all you GAers 20 years ago!! Red Zone for Giants stadium too-with a friend-can.not.wait.
Blew about a year's entertainment budget on this-but it is worth it!

So, now I'm kicking myself for not paying more attention to the Anaheim2 auction - I had told myself I could only do RZ for one night (Anaheim 1, RZ2) and didn't want to be tempted (as I have no self-discipline when it comes to U2 tix), but I wasn't expecting it to go for so much less than the first night - I think I could have justified it at that price! Ah, well. Congratulations to those of you who were smarter than me!

I think some of my friends are planning an intervention. I went to 11 shows this year and as of now, for 2010 I have Red Zone for Anaheim 1 &2, Denver, Oakland, Seattle, Chicago, Miami, Philly,& New York. And I think I'll be going back to Europe as well, but I haven't got those tickets yet. Do I need a 12 step program?!

I think some of my friends are planning an intervention. I went to 11 shows this year and as of now, for 2010 I have Red Zone for Anaheim 1 &2, Denver, Oakland, Seattle, Chicago, Miami, Philly,& New York. And I think I'll be going back to Europe as well, but I haven't got those tickets yet. Do I need a 12 step program?!

nah, smoke em if you got em.

RedZone Questions and VIP

Ok I got a few question wonder if anyone can help.

Does the redzone have access to inner circle? Can you leave the redzone and go into the inner circle? Figure you paid high end GA so should be able to move where u want in GA no?

Next, I had VIP pass for Toronto, I was allowed to move from my seats to inner circle and anywhere else in GA. I was wondering if other venues allowed this or was it just the ushers not knowing in Toronto.

Yes, I believe that at most venues last leg (in North America at least) they allowed you to move from Red Zone to the inner circle. I know that some people nabbed good spots in the inner circle that way (and bypassed a long wait in the general GA line) at places where they let Red Zone and general GA in at the same time.

Red Zone for Philly-bringing 2 of my kids age 10 and 12, hoping they will be able to see, but mostly just excited to see U2 on the floor, and in Philly! Feel a little old to do GA-definitely would have been right there with all you GAers 20 years ago!! Red Zone for Giants stadium too-with a friend-can.not.wait.
Blew about a year's entertainment budget on this-but it is worth it!

I know what you mean... It blew my budget too, but who cares if I have to eat pasta for months?? Lol :sexywink:

I'm going to Philly too, and this is the first time I'll be in the Red Zone. I'm taking my sister - she's not a big U2 fan, but after the Charlottesville show last October, she thought it was a fantastic concert. I'm still trying to convert her... lol

I'm so happy (and relieved) to have found a place where there are other people who love U2 that much... because my friends and family think I'm a bit nuts...

I'm going to try to find it myself, but if someone could answer this question for me and save me the time :reject:

A friend was asking about the RZ section, and it's in between 2 legs right on the side? so it's not in the inner circle and just outside the "ramp", am I right?

I'm going to try to find it myself, but if someone could answer this question for me and save me the time :reject:

A friend was asking about the RZ section, and it's in between 2 legs right on the side? so it's not in the inner circle and just outside the "ramp", am I right?

Yes, though you also have access to the inner circle- I think how good that access is depends on when they let the RZ in and when they let in the regular GA.

Does anyone know how often they do a second RZ auction and when those typically are? I have seen some posts on here suggesting they have second ones just before the show? Thank a million in advance for any info on this.

Yes, though you also have access to the inner circle- I think how good that access is depends on when they let the RZ in and when they let in the regular GA.

Thanks, if I had known this before, I might have kept them for myself :doh:

Oh well, my friends will love me even more I guess :hug:

Thanks for the answers, I just want to be in the inner circle for 1 song, near the ramp so this is good to know. Thanks again.

As for the VIP, I guess I will try as I did in Toronto and go down to GA again.

Red Zone is a farce?

What happened to Red Zone being for charity? Wasn't there some indication last time around that U2 was moving to invalidate/have taken down scalper/ebay listings that featured RED ZONEs at inflated prices?

Take a look at RED ZONE tickets on resellers/ebay. Holy cow!!

What happened to Red Zone being for charity? Wasn't there some indication last time around that U2 was moving to invalidate/have taken down scalper/ebay listings that featured RED ZONEs at inflated prices?

Take a look at RED ZONE tickets on resellers/ebay. Holy cow!!

That's very sad. The Red Zone tickets never really got proper promotion. Perhaps on reflection they would have been better selling them on Ebay to begin with and made some joint marketing fuss about it - Ticketmaster are not really associated with auctions. At least in Europe they are selling them directly without auction officially for $400+ plus, it seems such a waste to see them go for c. $130 in some US markets when you consider the purpose of these tickets.

I'm sorry if I missed this, as I've been out of the Red Zone discussion for several months . . . but was the final conclusion that you couldn't use any portion of the amount paid for Red Zone tickets as a tax deduction? From what I remember, the answer seemed to be no, especially since no one seemed sure what the exact portion actually given to the Red charity was.

Just wondering if anyone heard anything new.

I'm sorry if I missed this, as I've been out of the Red Zone discussion for several months . . . but was the final conclusion that you couldn't use any portion of the amount paid for Red Zone tickets as a tax deduction? From what I remember, the answer seemed to be no, especially since no one seemed sure what the exact portion actually given to the Red charity was.

Just wondering if anyone heard anything new.

I don't know anything about the tax position but can shed some light on the split of the revenue from these tickets. For the upcoming Zurich ticket sale it was explained in the press release that the amount in excess of the standard GA ticket price would go to the RED charity - in this case 295 of the 380 Swiss Franc RED zone ticket price.

Somebody fill me in for 2010, are/were they conducting auctions in NA still, or did they set a price?

They had auctions, except for Montreal which sold the tickets for CAD 300.00. If I recall correctly, I think E. Lansing didn't have any Red Zone at all.

So, my darling is turning 40 next month and being a huge fan of U2 I thought" Splended idea! I'll buy us tickets for the U2 concert in Rome as a birthday gift! O happy day!" I was at Wembley last August and loved it and just wanna go again. Have never been on the red zone so over excited bout the thought.

So I bought tickets the 13th of January for the Red Zone in Rome. Received a mail with confirmation bout ticket type and that they where supposed to be sent by DHL. I haven't received the tickets, but can see they have withdrawn the amount of my credit card. I sent of a mail to custimerservice at ticketone.it and asked bout when the tickets was to arrive. Got various answers as "the tickets wil be sent to you next week", "check the status on your order history at ticketone.it" and finnaly, - "tickets for redzone have to picked up at the venue box office."
Has anyone received their tickets for the rz? I was really hoping to give him the tickets on his actual birthday.

So, my darling is turning 40 next month and being a huge fan of U2 I thought" Splended idea! I'll buy us tickets for the U2 concert in Rome as a birthday gift! O happy day!" I was at Wembley last August and loved it and just wanna go again. Have never been on the red zone so over excited bout the thought.

So I bought tickets the 13th of January for the Red Zone in Rome. Received a mail with confirmation bout ticket type and that they where supposed to be sent by DHL. I haven't received the tickets, but can see they have withdrawn the amount of my credit card. I sent of a mail to custimerservice at ticketone.it and asked bout when the tickets was to arrive. Got various answers as "the tickets wil be sent to you next week", "check the status on your order history at ticketone.it" and finnaly, - "tickets for redzone have to picked up at the venue box office."
Has anyone received their tickets for the rz? I was really hoping to give him the tickets on his actual birthday.

As far as I know box office pick up is the ONLY option with Red Zone tickets. Guess they owe you the DHL fee.

As far as I know box office pick up is the ONLY option with Red Zone tickets. Guess they owe you the DHL fee.

So I don't have to worry bout getting the tickets when I get down there? I didn't get any information about this. Is it so that I only show the order confirmation and then we are good to go?

Sorry bout seeming so stupid, just a bit nervous.. :huh:

So I don't have to worry bout getting the tickets when I get down there? I didn't get any information about this. Is it so that I only show the order confirmation and then we are good to go?

Sorry bout seeming so stupid, just a bit nervous.. :huh:

I'm not certain how they do things in Italy but usually it would be best to go with your confirmation (including order number or reference), the credit card you ordered with and ID. Armed with all of these you should be fine.

Anyone reading this who went Red Zone to Milan might shed some more light?

Enjoy the show - what a wonderful birthday present!

Update: - just found this on Ticketone's website

Collection from the event location
Withdrawal is possible only on the day of the event at the opening of boxes, usually from 1 hour before the performance and up to the top of that, simply by submitting your personal documents and / or credit card used for purchase online line together with the order confirmation email that is sent from TicketOne.

At the venue there should be clear signs directing you to Red Zone pickup - certainly I remember seeing these in Zagreb.

Enjoy the show - what a wonderful birthday present!

And what a fantastic thing that I can also enjoy his present :cute:

Thanks a lot for all your information! Another thing, - wonderful website of yours, I have now even found a hotel :D

Red Zone is entirely will call, but it was quite smooth, just show up, go to a specific RZ will call line, show your credit card and ID and head into the stadium in a separate entrance.

I was at Wembley 1 in August in the Red Zone and it was very quick and simple picking up tickets from the clearly-marked box office ;)

Back
Top Bottom