All (RED) Zone / VIP Tickets Discussion HERE Part III - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-12-2009, 04:01 AM   #106
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bonocomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California :)
Posts: 67,031
Local Time: 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmer_ View Post
Thanks for the info BonoComet, appreciate it! Another question for you: if I bid for both groups, what happens then? Do I put one bid for Group 1 and a separate bid for Group 2? How does it work exactly?
Hmm... I'm not sure that that is possible. That's where there have been problems for people in the past auctions. because they wanted Group 1, and were bidding high for it, but if they just missed out and didn't win Group 1, they then won Group 2 automatically by default, and as a result paid significantly higher for the Group 2 ticket than everyone else did. A really unfair way to do these auctions, I think. I'm sorry I don't know if anyone who had this happen ever got any kind of response or changes in the auction policy, and I'm not even sure that they still work that way. Hopefully someone else can respond to this question as well.
__________________

__________________
bonocomet is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 04:04 AM   #107
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bonocomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California :)
Posts: 67,031
Local Time: 06:15 AM
Also, I suppose you could put 2 separate bids (maybe from different accounts or computers?) on the same auction and bid high in one, and lower in the other, therefor bidding on both groups, but again there's no guarantee that your high bid will win Group 1 and you may still only win Group 2 with that bid.

Hopefully someone who may have actually tried this can help
__________________

__________________
bonocomet is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 01:22 PM   #108
War Child
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 914
Local Time: 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocomet View Post
Also, I suppose you could put 2 separate bids (maybe from different accounts or computers?) on the same auction and bid high in one, and lower in the other, therefor bidding on both groups, but again there's no guarantee that your high bid will win Group 1 and you may still only win Group 2 with that bid.

Hopefully someone who may have actually tried this can help
You would need separate accounts, since Ticketmaster views this as a single auction with two different "Ticket Groups". From the Ticketmaster Auctions/How To page (which should be required reading if you're going to bid):
2. How many times may I bid in an auction?
You may rebid as many times as you like from the same Ticketmaster Account while the auction is open. If you rebid, it is considered your new bid and your previous bid will no longer be valid. Please note that if you have more than one bid pending in the same auction through the use of more than one account and credit card, then it is possible that you may win more than one set of tickets in that auction (i.e. one set for each competing bid). Refer to the Ticketmaster Auction Terms for additional details.
So, using separate accounts:
  • Group1 - bid as high as you need to in order to win the BACKSTAGE TOUR ticket group, with no worries about missing out and getting stuck with an overpriced "ticket only", since you are bidding on "BACKSTAGE ONLY".
  • Group2 - Bid low on this one, since you only want to have a winning bid for the TICKET ONLY ticket group. As I've noted before, bid only the required minimum, then watch the last half hour of the auction and only increase your bid if you no longer have a winning bid; this will prevent you from paying more than you have to.

The reason earlier bidders got screwed and paid thousands for tickets-only is because they mistakenly bid very high for Group2, not realizing they would automatically win tickets-only if their bid wasn't high enough to win Group1. (Some early auctions may have also lacked the "Group1 Only" option, IIRC.)

Free advice provided at no charge, with no guarantee it's right.
__________________
hibricc is online now  
Old 11-12-2009, 02:40 PM   #109
War Child
 
beershack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 661
Local Time: 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinfor View Post
Really trying to decide between going with the Red Zone or VIP package..
(or I'm thinking of doing experiences... see below)


my vote here would be for VIP.. -vs- what I saw of the Red zone
food wise (from what I saw in vancouver) wasn't that great
Why would anyone possibly choose VIP? An extra $250 or so for a parking pass, crappy gift, 2 beers and a buffet?

If you want to sit in a good seat; buy a top price ticket and save the extra $250 for dinner at Ruth's Chris, beers at the show, and some good merchandise that you select, yourself.
__________________
beershack is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 02:56 PM   #110
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bonocomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California :)
Posts: 67,031
Local Time: 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibricc View Post
You would need separate accounts, since Ticketmaster views this as a single auction with two different "Ticket Groups". From the Ticketmaster Auctions/How To page (which should be required reading if you're going to bid):
2. How many times may I bid in an auction?
You may rebid as many times as you like from the same Ticketmaster Account while the auction is open. If you rebid, it is considered your new bid and your previous bid will no longer be valid. Please note that if you have more than one bid pending in the same auction through the use of more than one account and credit card, then it is possible that you may win more than one set of tickets in that auction (i.e. one set for each competing bid). Refer to the Ticketmaster Auction Terms for additional details.
So, using separate accounts:
  • Group1 - bid as high as you need to in order to win the BACKSTAGE TOUR ticket group, with no worries about missing out and getting stuck with an overpriced "ticket only", since you are bidding on "BACKSTAGE ONLY".
  • Group2 - Bid low on this one, since you only want to have a winning bid for the TICKET ONLY ticket group. As I've noted before, bid only the required minimum, then watch the last half hour of the auction and only increase your bid if you no longer have a winning bid; this will prevent you from paying more than you have to.

The reason earlier bidders got screwed and paid thousands for tickets-only is because they mistakenly bid very high for Group2, not realizing they would automatically win tickets-only if their bid wasn't high enough to win Group1. (Some early auctions may have also lacked the "Group1 Only" option, IIRC.)

Free advice provided at no charge, with no guarantee it's right.
RIGHT! Of course! I'd forgotten that on the other bid you could bid in just group 1, so yes no chance of overpaying for group 2! Thanks for clarifying that!!!
__________________
bonocomet is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 02:58 PM   #111
genius of compression
Forum Moderator
 
neutral's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: forty miles from atlanta, this is nowhere
Posts: 13,030
Local Time: 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinfor View Post
I see the Seattle Red zone ticket just opened min bids are at $695 (including tour) and $195... I'm sure this will go way up.. before it closes on 11/17 Anyways would really like your feedback on Red Zone... Food, tour etc... from USA Shows.. did Red zone get all the goodies that VIP did?

Cheers
Kevin

If you're asking about regular RZ (vs the backstage thing), no goodies to speak of really. There's a small merch table in the zones with limited selection, a small buffet (never went near it but at my shows people's plates had meatballs, chicken wings, chips) , and access to RZ-only porta potties. No parking passes, laminates, or gift bags. The backstage tour winners have reported just getting a tour of the soundboard area, offices, food tent, etc. Haven't heard of anyone getting any kind of goodies with it really.
__________________

neutral @ interference.com
neutral is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 03:52 PM   #112
Refugee
 
4U2Play's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: California
Posts: 1,791
Local Time: 07:15 AM
Pasadena Red Zone


Merch Table

T-Shirts $40




Food Table

Menu:

Bud Light $9.00
Hot Dog $5.00
Cheeseburger $6.50
Chicken Sandwich $7.00


__________________
4U2Play is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #113
Forum Moderator
 
ramblin rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 12,861
Local Time: 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocomet View Post
RIGHT! Of course! I'd forgotten that on the other bid you could bid in just group 1, so yes no chance of overpaying for group 2! Thanks for clarifying that!!!
Yeah, just be careful when you need to raise the bid to continue to choose Group 1 from the drop down, since it apparently always defaults to "all"
__________________
ramblinrose[at]interference.com
ramblin rose is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 06:06 PM   #114
has a
 
kramwest1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Not a toliet wall
Posts: 6,939
Local Time: 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4U2Play View Post
Pasadena Red Zone


Bud Light $9.00


OMG! I'm glad I drink before I go into the show!
__________________
Bread & Circuses
kramwest1 is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 06:14 PM   #115
Acrobat
 
Kinsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 414
Local Time: 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4U2Play View Post
Pasadena Red Zone


Merch Table

T-Shirts $40




Food Table

Menu:

Bud Light $9.00
Hot Dog $5.00
Cheeseburger $6.50
Chicken Sandwich $7.00


Ahh yes, the fantastically lavish merch and food/beverage tables at the Rose Bowl.

The part I couldn't believe was that it was about 4,000 degrees (ok, I might be exaggerating a bit), and the only beverage they had for sale was the $9 beer! No water! WTF? I thought the guy was joking when he said there was no water. So I had to hoof it back up to the main level for water, and I took orders for 4 other people in the RZ that were near us - they all wanted water, but no one wanted to lose their place. So much for "exclusive" food and beverage. What a joke.

Other than that, the RZ was great.
__________________
Kinsa is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 07:28 PM   #116
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bonocomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California :)
Posts: 67,031
Local Time: 06:15 AM
Someone came into the RZ there at one point and was selling water bottles, I remember we bought them while standing right there at our spots on the rail. So there were some roaming vendors doing that at least.

OH and I finally got my Rose Bowl RZ follow up email today!!
__________________
bonocomet is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 07:36 PM   #117
The Fly
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 124
Local Time: 02:15 PM
I finally received my follow-up e-mail today also - I should have mentioned the water thing, I had forgotten about that - the roaming water sellers apparently avoided us. I threw out my water bottle before entering because I was paranoid about being held up at the gate by "bag/bottle searchers" -(and instead ended up being held up by a malfunctioning ticket scanner - arrgghh!)
I had to resort to the pricey beer.
__________________
broker is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 07:56 PM   #118
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bonocomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California :)
Posts: 67,031
Local Time: 06:15 AM
The Rose Bowl Red Zone photo!

__________________
bonocomet is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 09:43 PM   #119
Forum Moderator
 
ramblin rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 12,861
Local Time: 08:15 AM
Wow, that is absolutely stunning. Thanks for posting!!

Glad you finally got it.
__________________
ramblinrose[at]interference.com
ramblin rose is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 10:03 PM   #120
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
trojanchick99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Los Feliz, CA (between Hollywood and Downtown LA)
Posts: 8,088
Local Time: 06:15 AM
Wow. That is incredible.
__________________

__________________
trojanchick99 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Concert Tickets Get Set Aside, Marked Up by Artists, Managers erik_1099 Peeling off those Dollar Bills 0 03-13-2009 03:49 AM
(RED) update biff PLEBA Archive 34 01-18-2007 04:25 PM
Please Bathe Yourself in My Douche-Tastic Poetry LarryMullen's POPAngel Free Your Mind Archive 244 02-24-2003 12:28 AM
Boston Celtics.. Red.. Bird.. Bias.. Amazing Lemonite Lemonade Stand Archive 6 04-11-2002 11:17 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com