All (RED) Zone / VIP Tickets Discussion HERE Part III - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2009, 04:01 AM   #106
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmer_ View Post
Thanks for the info BonoComet, appreciate it! Another question for you: if I bid for both groups, what happens then? Do I put one bid for Group 1 and a separate bid for Group 2? How does it work exactly?
Hmm... I'm not sure that that is possible. That's where there have been problems for people in the past auctions. because they wanted Group 1, and were bidding high for it, but if they just missed out and didn't win Group 1, they then won Group 2 automatically by default, and as a result paid significantly higher for the Group 2 ticket than everyone else did. A really unfair way to do these auctions, I think. I'm sorry I don't know if anyone who had this happen ever got any kind of response or changes in the auction policy, and I'm not even sure that they still work that way. Hopefully someone else can respond to this question as well.

Old 11-12-2009, 04:04 AM   #107
Blue Crack Distributor

Also, I suppose you could put 2 separate bids (maybe from different accounts or computers?) on the same auction and bid high in one, and lower in the other, therefor bidding on both groups, but again there's no guarantee that your high bid will win Group 1 and you may still only win Group 2 with that bid.

Hopefully someone who may have actually tried this can help

Old 11-12-2009, 01:22 PM   #108
War Child

Local Time: 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocomet View Post
Also, I suppose you could put 2 separate bids (maybe from different accounts or computers?) on the same auction and bid high in one, and lower in the other, therefor bidding on both groups, but again there's no guarantee that your high bid will win Group 1 and you may still only win Group 2 with that bid.

Hopefully someone who may have actually tried this can help
You would need separate accounts, since Ticketmaster views this as a single auction with two different "Ticket Groups". From the Ticketmaster Auctions/How To page (which should be required reading if you're going to bid):
2. How many times may I bid in an auction?
You may rebid as many times as you like from the same Ticketmaster Account while the auction is open. If you rebid, it is considered your new bid and your previous bid will no longer be valid. Please note that if you have more than one bid pending in the same auction through the use of more than one account and credit card, then it is possible that you may win more than one set of tickets in that auction (i.e. one set for each competing bid). Refer to the Ticketmaster Auction Terms for additional details.
So, using separate accounts:
  • Group1 - bid as high as you need to in order to win the BACKSTAGE TOUR ticket group, with no worries about missing out and getting stuck with an overpriced "ticket only", since you are bidding on "BACKSTAGE ONLY".
  • Group2 - Bid low on this one, since you only want to have a winning bid for the TICKET ONLY ticket group. As I've noted before, bid only the required minimum, then watch the last half hour of the auction and only increase your bid if you no longer have a winning bid; this will prevent you from paying more than you have to.

The reason earlier bidders got screwed and paid thousands for tickets-only is because they mistakenly bid very high for Group2, not realizing they would automatically win tickets-only if their bid wasn't high enough to win Group1. (Some early auctions may have also lacked the "Group1 Only" option, IIRC.)

Free advice provided at no charge, with no guarantee it's right.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:40 PM   #109
War Child

Local Time: 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinfor View Post
Really trying to decide between going with the Red Zone or VIP package..
(or I'm thinking of doing experiences... see below)

my vote here would be for VIP.. -vs- what I saw of the Red zone
food wise (from what I saw in vancouver) wasn't that great
Why would anyone possibly choose VIP? An extra $250 or so for a parking pass, crappy gift, 2 beers and a buffet?

If you want to sit in a good seat; buy a top price ticket and save the extra $250 for dinner at Ruth's Chris, beers at the show, and some good merchandise that you select, yourself.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:56 PM   #110
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibricc View Post
You would need separate accounts, since Ticketmaster views this as a single auction with two different "Ticket Groups". From the Ticketmaster Auctions/How To page (which should be required reading if you're going to bid):
2. How many times may I bid in an auction?
You may rebid as many times as you like from the same Ticketmaster Account while the auction is open. If you rebid, it is considered your new bid and your previous bid will no longer be valid. Please note that if you have more than one bid pending in the same auction through the use of more than one account and credit card, then it is possible that you may win more than one set of tickets in that auction (i.e. one set for each competing bid). Refer to the Ticketmaster Auction Terms for additional details.
So, using separate accounts:
  • Group1 - bid as high as you need to in order to win the BACKSTAGE TOUR ticket group, with no worries about missing out and getting stuck with an overpriced "ticket only", since you are bidding on "BACKSTAGE ONLY".
  • Group2 - Bid low on this one, since you only want to have a winning bid for the TICKET ONLY ticket group. As I've noted before, bid only the required minimum, then watch the last half hour of the auction and only increase your bid if you no longer have a winning bid; this will prevent you from paying more than you have to.

The reason earlier bidders got screwed and paid thousands for tickets-only is because they mistakenly bid very high for Group2, not realizing they would automatically win tickets-only if their bid wasn't high enough to win Group1. (Some early auctions may have also lacked the "Group1 Only" option, IIRC.)

Free advice provided at no charge, with no guarantee it's right.
RIGHT! Of course! I'd forgotten that on the other bid you could bid in just group 1, so yes no chance of overpaying for group 2! Thanks for clarifying that!!!
Old 11-12-2009, 02:58 PM   #111
genius of compression
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinfor View Post
I see the Seattle Red zone ticket just opened min bids are at $695 (including tour) and $195... I'm sure this will go way up.. before it closes on 11/17 Anyways would really like your feedback on Red Zone... Food, tour etc... from USA Shows.. did Red zone get all the goodies that VIP did?

Cheers
Kevin

If you're asking about regular RZ (vs the backstage thing), no goodies to speak of really. There's a small merch table in the zones with limited selection, a small buffet (never went near it but at my shows people's plates had meatballs, chicken wings, chips) , and access to RZ-only porta potties. No parking passes, laminates, or gift bags. The backstage tour winners have reported just getting a tour of the soundboard area, offices, food tent, etc. Haven't heard of anyone getting any kind of goodies with it really.

neutral @ interference.com
Old 11-12-2009, 03:52 PM   #112
Refugee

Local Time: 07:15 AM
Pasadena Red Zone

Merch Table

T-Shirts $40

Food Table

Menu:

Bud Light $9.00
Hot Dog $5.00
Cheeseburger $6.50
Chicken Sandwich $7.00

Old 11-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #113
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocomet View Post
RIGHT! Of course! I'd forgotten that on the other bid you could bid in just group 1, so yes no chance of overpaying for group 2! Thanks for clarifying that!!!
Yeah, just be careful when you need to raise the bid to continue to choose Group 1 from the drop down, since it apparently always defaults to "all"
Old 11-12-2009, 06:06 PM   #114
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4U2Play View Post
Pasadena Red Zone

Bud Light $9.00

OMG! I'm glad I drink before I go into the show!
Old 11-12-2009, 06:14 PM   #115
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4U2Play View Post
Pasadena Red Zone

Merch Table

T-Shirts $40

Food Table

Menu:

Bud Light $9.00
Hot Dog $5.00
Cheeseburger $6.50
Chicken Sandwich $7.00

Ahh yes, the fantastically lavish merch and food/beverage tables at the Rose Bowl.

The part I couldn't believe was that it was about 4,000 degrees (ok, I might be exaggerating a bit), and the only beverage they had for sale was the $9 beer! No water! WTF? I thought the guy was joking when he said there was no water. So I had to hoof it back up to the main level for water, and I took orders for 4 other people in the RZ that were near us - they all wanted water, but no one wanted to lose their place. So much for "exclusive" food and beverage. What a joke.

Other than that, the RZ was great.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:28 PM   #116
Blue Crack Distributor

Someone came into the RZ there at one point and was selling water bottles, I remember we bought them while standing right there at our spots on the rail. So there were some roaming vendors doing that at least.

OH and I finally got my Rose Bowl RZ follow up email today!!
Old 11-12-2009, 07:36 PM   #117
The Fly

Local Time: 02:15 PM
I finally received my follow-up e-mail today also - I should have mentioned the water thing, I had forgotten about that - the roaming water sellers apparently avoided us. I threw out my water bottle before entering because I was paranoid about being held up at the gate by "bag/bottle searchers" -(and instead ended up being held up by a malfunctioning ticket scanner - arrgghh!)
I had to resort to the pricey beer.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:56 PM   #118
Blue Crack Distributor

The Rose Bowl Red Zone photo!

Old 11-12-2009, 09:43 PM   #119
Forum Moderator

Wow, that is absolutely stunning. Thanks for posting!!

Glad you finally got it.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:03 PM   #120
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Wow. That is incredible.