All (RED) Zone / VIP Tickets Discussion HERE Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has anyone successfully purchased a ticket to a US show in the Redzone who is Canadian?

Just had word that TM told a friend she couldnt' get tickets to the Seattle show Red Zone because "only US citizens can buy RZ tix for US shows".

BS?

I don't trust TM at the best of times, but I need to know!! This doesn't make any sense, does it?

You could always call TM and ask them. Sounds doubtful that what you heard is true though...as long as u've paid, I would normally think that you'd be able to get in.

I do think there was some discussion of this in one of the Red Zone threads and I do recall people having to kind of trick Ticketmaster's online system into allowing them to enter their addresses to place bids. I'm not sure if it worked out, but I think it did. You might want to check out that thread if you don't get an answer here.

Hmm... Now that I think of it, the people I remember were in the US and trying to buy tickets to Canadian shows. But I'm pretty sure there were also Canadians who bought Red Zone tickets to US shows, so I still advise you to check out the Red Zone thread.

Need a US address

Has anyone successfully purchased a ticket to a US show in the Redzone who is Canadian?

Just had word that TM told a friend she couldnt' get tickets to the Seattle show Red Zone because "only US citizens can buy RZ tix for US shows".

BS?

I don't trust TM at the best of times, but I need to know!! This doesn't make any sense, does it?

From what I recall of the European sales, you had to have an address in the country you wanted to buy them. Some folks were successful simply by putting in the right country code at the end of their out-of-state address.

Good luck!

Birdlover

BS?

The issue you'll have when you try to bid is that some of the address fields are hardcoded. The policy about being from the same country as the auction is spelled out on TM Auction terms and conditions (not just for RZ but auctions in general).

What people did was use the other address fields to put in their complete address.

I know in Europe it worked and people from other countries were able to bid and win with no problems for European shows.

I don't actually remember anyone posting that they did this in the US or Canada who actually won an auction. I know Corians.... was bidding on the Vancouver auction, but she didn't win so I don't know what would have happened if she had won and it came down to actually charging the credit card.

Got my (RED) Zone ticket for Montreal baby! No auction involved...just a flat $300 during the HORIZON pre-sale. I'm in RZ1 (Edge's side :sexywink:)!

Anybody else had experiences doing (RED) Zone solo? I'm wondering how the bathroom situation's gonna work, etc.

Got my (RED) Zone ticket for Montreal baby! No auction involved...just a flat $300 during the HORIZON pre-sale. I'm in RZ1 (Edge's side :sexywink:)!

Anybody else had experiences doing (RED) Zone solo? I'm wondering how the bathroom situation's gonna work, etc.

Ah, congratulations! I'm jealous, I'd do it, but I don't think I can make it to Montreal just then (had a great time there last summer though!)
I did RZ solo in Chicago, and while it surely wasn't the completely prim and pretty experience I was hoping for :sexywink: (some getting bugged a little by drunk guy, some pushing for position, and lord even some small bit of feeling like I was being a bit annoying to some for cheering/bopping-about yeesh), it wasn't as bad as regular GA. I never left once set up (my bladder, I hope, is totally empty before I get ready to stand for the duration, and I drink just a little water as needed thru the show, makes for a much better experience and beer gives me headaches these days anyway lol), but I got to know a couple people who left frequently. For beer, for bathrooms. The first bunch of times they left, all before U2 came on, their spots were pretty much honored, even though they were reasonably prime . I tried to make myself a little bigger to 'keep their space' for them, but this was sorta hard and made me shift over and lose space once they were back. Eventually, after a couple such trips, it was very cramped and I think people were getting annoyed that they kept leaving this against-a-rail spot in high traffic, so their space almost disappeared completely and some shifting occured, as it were. They finally left altogether (phew! I can't imagine letting alcohol take priority, but whatever) and more shifting occured, but it was a relatively gentle sort of process compared to what I experienced, say, on the floor during the Vertigo Tour.
So, I guess then my two cents is that if you don't need to be in the first rows at the RZ, or in the part of the RZ closest to the front of the stage for a few rows deeper even than that, then it's quite roomy a lot of the time and you'll likely be fine leaving for beer and such. If you want to be up front in the RZ then it'll depend on the idiosyncrasies of the crowd I think and while it will likely be much better than regular GA, you can't assume you'll be able to get back to your exact spot anymore because there are surely people trading
up, just much more like party-mingling in feel though!

That was the huge appeal of RZ for me, and it mostly worked out...so much less crowded and stress-over-territory-vibed ! Of course, even so, I'm never so aware not only of how short I am but also of how very many 6'4" men there are in the world as when they seem to appear constantly between me and the stage!

Nothing fancy - just reserved portajohns. But when you see super-long lines for the regular bathrooms before the band comes on, it makes it look a lot better.

I know Corians.... was bidding on the Vancouver auction, but she didn't win so I don't know what would have happened if she had won and it came down to actually charging the credit card.

What she said! :wink:

I wanted to win - not only so I could, you know, WIN, but so I could see if my craftiness with the address would have worked or not.

I ended up squeezing my US billing address into the two lines provided, and then looked up the address for BC Place to use British Columbia and that postal code as the rest of the address.

I don't actually remember anyone posting that they did this in the US or Canada who actually won an auction. I know Corians.... was bidding on the Vancouver auction, but she didn't win so I don't know what would have happened if she had won and it came down to actually charging the credit card.

I bought Red Zone in Europe & Canada with no issues (US Citizen)

Just go get a Visa gift card and use that for method of payment, there is no address associated with the gift card (so you can just enter a local address near the venue)

The East Lansing TM map doesn't have a Red Zone on it either. The claw looks to be a tight fit on the map.

eta- just looked at some stadium photos and the field is very narrow - probably too small for a red zone.

The Red Zone is within the claw, so if the claw can fit in the stadium, there will be room for the Red Zone

Vegas had about 6 inches of space between the claw and the stadium seats and they still fit the red zone in

Philly RZ just closed at $155

Yeah, weird that it didn't go higher. Expected it to be closer to $200. I won, but slightly disappointed that we got Adam's side again (RedZone2) - we had Adam's side for Charlottesville, so really wanted Edge's side this time. Anyone willing to trade on the day of the show (2 tickets)?

Ah, congratulations! I'm jealous, I'd do it, but I don't think I can make it to Montreal just then (had a great time there last summer though!)
I did RZ solo in Chicago, and while it surely wasn't the completely prim and pretty experience I was hoping for :sexywink: (some getting bugged a little by drunk guy, some pushing for position, and lord even some small bit of feeling like I was being a bit annoying to some for cheering/bopping-about yeesh), it wasn't as bad as regular GA. I never left once set up (my bladder, I hope, is totally empty before I get ready to stand for the duration, and I drink just a little water as needed thru the show, makes for a much better experience and beer gives me headaches these days anyway lol), but I got to know a couple people who left frequently. For beer, for bathrooms. The first bunch of times they left, all before U2 came on, their spots were pretty much honored, even though they were reasonably prime . I tried to make myself a little bigger to 'keep their space' for them, but this was sorta hard and made me shift over and lose space once they were back. Eventually, after a couple such trips, it was very cramped and I think people were getting annoyed that they kept leaving this against-a-rail spot in high traffic, so their space almost disappeared completely and some shifting occured, as it were. They finally left altogether (phew! I can't imagine letting alcohol take priority, but whatever) and more shifting occured, but it was a relatively gentle sort of process compared to what I experienced, say, on the floor during the Vertigo Tour.
So, I guess then my two cents is that if you don't need to be in the first rows at the RZ, or in the part of the RZ closest to the front of the stage for a few rows deeper even than that, then it's quite roomy a lot of the time and you'll likely be fine leaving for beer and such. If you want to be up front in the RZ then it'll depend on the idiosyncrasies of the crowd I think and while it will likely be much better than regular GA, you can't assume you'll be able to get back to your exact spot anymore because there are surely people trading
up, just much more like party-mingling in feel though!

That was the huge appeal of RZ for me, and it mostly worked out...so much less crowded and stress-over-territory-vibed ! Of course, even so, I'm never so aware not only of how short I am but also of how very many 6'4" men there are in the world as when they seem to appear constantly between me and the stage!

Thanks ShellBeThere, that actually helps alot! I'm hoping that since I'm just one person (like you were), that it shouldn't be as big of a deal leaving to go to the bathroom, etc.

What time before the show did you get there btw? And when did it start getting packed (ie. before the opener, during, after)?

Nothing fancy - just reserved portajohns. But when you see super-long lines for the regular bathrooms before the band comes on, it makes it look a lot better.

Did it come reasonably stocked (ie. toilet paper, soap, basin, etc), or is it just a sole toilet? Wierd-ass question to ask I guess, but just curious as to how nasty it might be...lol

Yeah, weird that it didn't go higher. Expected it to be closer to $200. I won, but slightly disappointed that we got Adam's side again (RedZone2) - we had Adam's side for Charlottesville, so really wanted Edge's side this time. Anyone willing to trade on the day of the show (2 tickets)?

Yeah I expected it to go higher as well. I ended up paying $165 since I got nervous at the end :doh: but still not too bad. I got RZ1 for this one.

Yeah I expected it to go higher as well. I ended up paying $165 since I got nervous at the end :doh: but still not too bad. I got RZ1 for this one.

Congrats - I don't blame you for overbidding. I bid more than that right from day 1, expecting it to get closer to New York price. And NY jumped $25 in the final 5 minutes, so wanted to avoid getting bumped at the last minute.

So despite bidding high on day 1, I still got RZ2 - I think we can dispell the rumors I saw on here earlier that higher bids get RZ1, lower bids RZ2. It seems random.

Congrats - I don't blame you for overbidding. I bid more than that right from day 1, expecting it to get closer to New York price. And NY jumped $25 in the final 5 minutes, so wanted to avoid getting bumped at the last minute.

So despite bidding high on day 1, I still got RZ2 - I think we can dispell the rumors I saw on here earlier that higher bids get RZ1, lower bids RZ2. It seems random.

Yeah...but you only paid $10 more than the final bid ($155). If you had bid more than $165, perhaps you might've gotten into RZ1? I'm asking cuz I dunno how it works exactly.

Not sure if this has been asked, haven't seen the answer - does anyone know when auction will start for Anaheim 2? Thanks!

Yeah...but you only paid $10 more than the final bid ($155). If you had bid more than $165, perhaps you might've gotten into RZ1? I'm asking cuz I dunno how it works exactly.

No, Neutral bid $165 and got RZ1. I bid $200 on day 1 and got RZ2. I think which zone you get is just random.

Did it come reasonably stocked (ie. toilet paper, soap, basin, etc), or is it just a sole toilet? Wierd-ass question to ask I guess, but just curious as to how nasty it might be...lol

Just a standard small portajohn for 2 shows (small plastic sink and hand sanitizer, etc), not one of the "luxury" ones (which they do make :wink:). Each venue provides its own type though, so it can vary.

No, Neutral bid $165 and got RZ1. I bid $200 on day 1 and got RZ2. I think which zone you get is just random.

Ahhhh ok....what's the point of bidding on day one though? Might as well wait and place your bid near the end of the auction in order to pay as less as possible, no?

Btw, what exactly is considered a "neutral" bid?

Btw, also just got a RZ1 ticket as well for the Seattle show for $185 (final closing bid). Anybody else out there going (RED) Zone for Seattle as well?

Looks like Philly RZ closed at only $155. I might do the second auction for it - have GAs for now.

Vegas had about 6 inches of space between the claw and the stadium seats and they still fit the red zone in

I thought they like to have some minimum amount of extra space for the GA people to go in and out.

Looks like Philly RZ closed at only $155. I might do the second auction for it - have GAs for now.

I thought they like to have some minimum amount of extra space for the GA people to go in and out.

It was more than six inches. There was enough room for the GA people to get to the pit and for the beer guy to come by also. :lol:

I'd say the space was more like 3 or 4 feet.

Ahhhh ok....what's the point of bidding on day one though? Might as well wait and place your bid near the end of the auction in order to pay as less as possible, no?

Btw, what exactly is considered a "neutral" bid?

No, "neutral" is the user's name that I was talking to above - he (she?) bid $165, and I, suspecting that the auction would end up similar to NY and not wanting to obsessively check and raise my bid every few hours, went ahead and bid $200 on day 1. But you are correct, technically there is no reason to bid on day 1. You could just wait until the end, bid the minimum, and only raise if your bid is no longer winning. It just never occurred to me that it would be possible for this one to end so far below $200.

At least it's for charity.

I'd say the space was more like 3 or 4 feet.

Maybe a 20 yard passageway 3 feet wide for 1500 people is too narrow for fire code reasons in Lansing. I see no other reason there would be no RZ there - I haven't seen any mention of it. They might just have gates next to the claw legs or something, and either leave the RZ area open or let a few GA people around there (minus the fence).

And I noticed they're not even offering VIP Packages for Lansing.

I wouldnt be suprised if they dont do 2nd auctions this time around, now that they are aware of how many people they can safely fit in the Red Zone.

I think they waited until a couple of shows in to determine that they should sell more Red Zones (except for the smaller stadiums, NC & LV where there was no room to jam anyone else in)

I wouldnt be suprised if they dont do 2nd auctions this time around, now that they are aware of how many people they can safely fit in the Red Zone.

It's possible, but I think they'll still hold some back to thwart scalpers who try to sell RZs as a super-vip area for high 3/low 4 figures.

Back
Top Bottom