All (RED) Zone / VIP Tickets Discussion HERE Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pittsburgh redzone 2 no bathroom no beers no concession stand...someone at heinz stadium really screwd up..had toclimb a mt of stairs for the pisser...that being said probably one of the top 3 u2 shows I've ever seen..and I've seen them close to 20 times since 1984...

Sorry to hear about the lack of Red Zone extras.
I guess each venue is different - I heard the same from others from a few other stops that they also experienced similar to yourself.

Still, glad to hear it was a great show! So envious! U got to see/hear Bad!!! :applaud:

RZ 2 (pittsburgh) was ruined by stupid drunk people who pushed their way to the front. Not sure if anyone else was in the same area, but this chick walked in right before U2 came on and pushed her way up to the rail even though there definitely was not enough space. She was literally touching the dude next to her the entire time and was barely even on the rail. Her other elbow was on my friend and everyone was trying to get her to back up a little. She refused and started cursing people out. Security didn't do anything saying she wasn't violent or whatever. She was loud and obnoxious the whole night, while bumping into people and being stupid. Her boyfriend was no better and the other drunk couple were dry heaving and wouldn't back up off of us even though they were about to throw up. I guess we could have moved back, but we waited in the RZ line for a while to get a rail spot and didnt want to just give these drunks the satisfaction of taking our spots. After so many elbows though, my brother decided he was leaving....not leaving the RZ, but leaving the stadium, so yeah, we missed the entire encore. I know most U2 fans are good people, but these morons totally ruined our night. I hope others had a better time.

I hate to lump in people like that with "U2 fans." I prefer to think (or at least hope) that they're just assholes who decided to go to the show and get what they heard were the best spot, and then were just drunk assholes.

I'm sorry - that totally sucks. What a bunch of losers.

I hate to lump in people like that with "U2 fans." I prefer to think (or at least hope) that they're just assholes who decided to go to the show and get what they heard were the best spot, and then were just drunk assholes.

I'm sorry - that totally sucks. What a bunch of losers.

yeah, the people we met in line were pretty cool, as were most people in the RZ. It just sucks because it was my brother's first show and he's not really a fan, and I wanted him to have a good time, but I don't think he did. I've seen U2 before and am always blown away by them, so I still had fun just being there. I'm just bummed that my brother and his girlfriend decided to leave after One.

Had the exact same issue in Toronto in RZ2 - drunk tools coming between Interpol and U2.

They used the "excuse" they wanted to say hi to a co-worker. I waited in line for a few hrs not to be taken advantage of so I stood my ground and wouldn't let them pass.
Of course the ass thought he was a big boy and challenged me to have it out at the rear of the RZ! His so-called "co-worker" tagged himself on the FanCam-would love to see if he still wants to "chat"

And I got heat for standing my ground and not letting them pass from members on this board! Sorry I won't be walked all over.

Sorry u had a not so good experience. It sucks how just a couple of spineless dickheads ruin things.

Pittsburgh redzone 2 no bathroom no beers no concession stand...someone at heinz stadium really screwd up..had toclimb a mt of stairs for the pisser...that being said probably one of the top 3 u2 shows I've ever seen..and I've seen them close to 20 times since 1984...

The beer stand was right at the entrance to RZ2, it shutdown right before U2 came on so it didnt block people's view

I'll repost my RZ experience from the Fan gathering forum

Great time in Red Zone last night. I thought the crowd was very good overall, contrary to earlier post.

A big thank you to U2 staffer Fran from Chile who moved both my friend and I to RZ1 (We had 1 RZ1 and 1 RZ 2)

She saw us asking the RZ security if it was ok to watch the show together from either side, and she stepped right in and whisked us over to RZ1 and switched out the wristbands.

Back
Top Bottom