All (RED) Zone / VIP Tickets Discussion HERE Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got my Sydney RZ email quite literally the day before I left for my 15-hour flight.

I don't know how differently it operates in the US and Canada.

OK, apparently I can't count, because TODAY is 10 days until Winnipeg, I anxiously await.

Ticketmaster is being stupid though and telling me when I call them that I can't pick up my tickets UNTIL 6PM ON SHOW DAY.

So, when were you guys able to pick them up for other shows?

What did they tell you for Denver in that email exactly?

This is bullshit, right? It's earlier than that, is it not??

OK. Via Twitter, I was able to confirm through LiveNation that DENVER RED ZONE tickets are available at will-call at 10am on show day.

I am now curious to know what TICKETMASTER would tell me if I call to ask. If they say "an hour before the show", well, there's the problem.

I am going to and see what I get.

Ticketmaster sucks. Nothing new there, but sweet lord why do they insist on getting so many things so bass ackwards?

Try tweeting @livenationwest and hopefully they will have their poop in a group and can tell you the correct time!

Great work on the sleuthing!

Working on it..... but when I call Ticketmaster for Denver info, they tell me "90 mins before show time"

Dumbasses.

The local box offices likely dont have the information and wont know until the U2 advance team gets to town and lets them know the procedure with the wristbands etc.

Calling them early isnt going to help as U2.Com sends out the email anyway.

Well, all that being said, when I was asking two days ago, nobody said "oh, don't worry, it's always 10am on show day".

I would have appreciated that info prior to this fiasco. I did eventually get my email, but this was highly relevant info ASAP for several reasons I won't go into.

On my way into the circle at SLC, I walked past the RZ as a woman was SCREAMING at venue staff about how they should let her in because she was a fan club member, damn it! :lol: They told her she had to have a special wristband to get in there, and when she asked how the hell people got those wristbands, the guys just shrugged.

On my way into the circle at SLC, I walked past the RZ as a woman was SCREAMING at venue staff about how they should let her in because she was a fan club member, damn it! :lol: They told her she had to have a special wristband to get in there, and when she asked how the hell people got those wristbands, the guys just shrugged.

LOL. Yeah, she sounds like a real fan.

Finally got my seattle RZ email too...stupid spam filter. With the office opening at Noon it's going to be fun trying to park with a Mariners game starting at 1. I really wish that it would have been 10am like it's been so many other places.

Picking up Montreal (RED)Zone tickets with a different ID?

My uncle bought our 3 Montreal RZ tickets with his credit card in November 2009 and:
1) has since closed that credit card
2) might not be in the country July 8th (we're still not sure)

The FAQ for Montreal RZ says:

If you have purchased Red Zone tickets or a VIP Package, please note that these tickets will only be available the day of show at the Hippodrome de Montréal box office. Please be sure to bring with you the following in order to facilitate claiming your tickets :
1) Receipt
2) Picture ID
3) Credit card used to make initial purchase
Event Info U2 360? Tour

Has anyone here ever had to transfer their RZ tickets to others?

Luckily I have the same last name as my uncle and will be taking his 11-year-old son (my godson to his first U2 show!) so I can't imagine they would not let us in, but since the credit card is also expired (luckily they kept the bank statement) it might be iffy.

I'll tell him to contact the Bell Centre Box Office, but I thought I'd check here first (in case anyone has run into a similar problem).

Thanks!

Do people actually line up for hours in advance when they have RZ tickets??? Because I swear someone in the GA line in Edmonton posted a picture wearing an RZ2 wristband.

So. Other question:

How can anyone have an RZ wristband when the email said they'd be available tomorrow at 10 am??

Since I'm sure MANY people bought their RZ tickets before the 2010 shows were postponed, I'd imagine they are dealing with lots of expired credit cards since then, and hope they are honoring them with no problem. I haven't seen anyone post that they've had a problem yet, so hopefully it's not an issue. In the time since we purchased tickets to these shows, my bank actually discontinued that credit card I used and closed the account on me and issued a completely different card and number and everything. There better not be any problem picking up my tickets on show day!!

My uncle bought our 3 Montreal RZ tickets with his credit card in November 2009 and:
1) has since closed that credit card
2) might not be in the country July 8th (we're still not sure)

The FAQ for Montreal RZ says:

If you have purchased Red Zone tickets or a VIP Package, please note that these tickets will only be available the day of show at the Hippodrome de Montréal box office. Please be sure to bring with you the following in order to facilitate claiming your tickets :
1) Receipt
2) Picture ID
3) Credit card used to make initial purchase
Event Info U2 360� Tour

Has anyone here ever had to transfer their RZ tickets to others?

Luckily I have the same last name as my uncle and will be taking his 11-year-old son (my godson to his first U2 show!) so I can't imagine they would not let us in, but since the credit card is also expired (luckily they kept the bank statement) it might be iffy.

I'll tell him to contact the Bell Centre Box Office, but I thought I'd check here first (in case anyone has run into a similar problem).

Thanks!

When I got my RZ ticket for Mexico city 3, my card had already expired as well, but I kept it, and showed it at the will call window... You do need to show the Credit card and an ID, in order to receive the tickets and the bracelets.

My RZ email says you can bring the confirmation number and ID. You do not need the original credit card if you have the confirmation number and your ID matches the name on that ticket.

Ticketmaster says you can phone their customer service number to update the information on your file.

My RZ email says you can bring the confirmation number and ID. You do not need the original credit card if you have the confirmation number and your ID matches the name on that ticket.

Ticketmaster says you can phone their customer service number to update the information on your file.

weird, the last email I got from the Gillett Entertainment Group (it's not ticketmaster for the Montreal show) was Dec 3, 2009 and said this:

"As per U2’s request, all the tickets purchased in the Red Zone section
will only be available at 4pm the day of the show, July 16th, at the
Hippodrome’s box office. To pick up your tickets, you will need to
present the following justification:
1- An Identity card with a photo
2- The credit card that was used for the purchase of the ticket."

When I got my RZ ticket for Mexico city 3, my card had already expired as well, but I kept it, and showed it at the will call window... You do need to show the Credit card and an ID, in order to receive the tickets and the bracelets.

thanks pablovi, glad to hear that was the case for you... I'll make sure we bring the old credit card!

weird, the last email I got from the Gillett Entertainment Group (it's not ticketmaster for the Montreal show) was Dec 3, 2009 and said this:

"As per U2’s request, all the tickets purchased in the Red Zone section
will only be available at 4pm the day of the show, July 16th, at the
Hippodrome’s box office. To pick up your tickets, you will need to
present the following justification:
1- An Identity card with a photo
2- The credit card that was used for the purchase of the ticket."

thanks pablovi, glad to hear that was the case for you... I'll make sure we bring the old credit card!

It makes sense that having a different ticketing provider would result in different rules. Ticketmaster in our case has no problem using the order number.

For Edmonton show the information on the email says "Your (Red) Zone tickets and wristbands will be available for collection from Gate 13 for (Red) Zone 1 tickets, and Gate 2 for Red Zone 2 tickets. Both Box Offices will be open from 10 AM, day of the show: June 1st (please refer to map). Please ensure that you have sufficient photo ID along with your booking reference number to present upon arrival. "

From the one time I did it before, you can go get in line whenever you want. The windows where you pick up tickets are completely separate than the lines to get into the stadium.

Back
Top Bottom