All (RED) Zone / VIP Tickets Discussion HERE Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got my issue resolved :D They called and cleared it up.

That Baltimore was a good price, but I got the St. Louis for $115 each :wink: What is really crazy is that some people paid 115 and some paid upwards of 400 in the same auction.

Guess some folks couldn't figure out how it worked.

That Baltimore was a good price, but I got the St. Louis for $115 each :wink: What is really crazy is that some people paid 115 and some paid upwards of 400 in the same auction.

Good to know your issue was resolved; that is some unneeded stress.

I was wondering the same thing about that auction and the $400 bidders; I think some people didn't figure it out. Sometimes there were bidding wars on two tickets when several pairs were still at zero bids. I think they may have been going for the "seat" numbers; not realizing there are no seats. Maybe?

I was wondering the same thing about that auction and the $400 bidders; I think some people didn't figure it out. Sometimes there were bidding wars on two tickets when several pairs were still at zero bids. I think they may have been going for the "seat" numbers; not realizing there are no seats. Maybe?

There is no telling. I was just curious what they would go for in the "scalper" market and it looks like already 1800 on ebay and 1500 on craigslist for 2.

Makes me wonder :hmm: do people actually pay that much for these? Really?!?

I can speak from my own experience. I overpaid a bit for Las Vegas red zone. Since this was an auction I assumed it was like ebay. I did not realize they would charge me more than the price. I bid a little extra to make sure I would win. Oh well, I learned from my mistake. I got Denver red zone for a pretty reasonable price.

Again, I'd be completely weary of anyone selling "Red Zone" tickets on Ebay.

True RED ZONE are ones standing on the sides of the stage, not the $250 "VIP" seats or GA, which scalpers like to call "Red Zone".

Red Zone tickets are WILL CALL ONLY so unless you plan to meet your scalper at the box office 8 hours before the show, you just got screwed.

I bid on four tickets for the St. Louis Red Zone, 2 auctions of 2 tickets. At the very last minute of the auction, I was outbid on one of the auctions; however, when the auction ended there were still some auctions at $0. I immediately called tickets.com (STL is non Ticketmaster) and ended up speaking with a supervisor who explained that 750 tix (375 pairs) were auctioned off but not to the 375 highest bidders but as 375 individual auctions. So, while I was denied tickets because someone outbid me on my particular auction, there were tickets that went unclaimed because no one bid on that particular auction. Tickets.com immediately realized things were screwed up and said once everything was sorted out I SHOULD get the tix I originally bid on. As of today nothing has been sorted out and I still don't know if I will get the tix even though some people who bid less than me will get the tix. Does anyone have any info on this or have any suggestions as to how I can complain about this. Calling Ticketmaster and Tickets.com has been unproductive to this point.

I bid on four tickets for the St. Louis Red Zone, 2 auctions of 2 tickets. At the very last minute of the auction, I was outbid on one of the auctions; however, when the auction ended there were still some auctions at $0. I immediately called tickets.com (STL is non Ticketmaster) and ended up speaking with a supervisor who explained that 750 tix (375 pairs) were auctioned off but not to the 375 highest bidders but as 375 individual auctions. So, while I was denied tickets because someone outbid me on my particular auction, there were tickets that went unclaimed because no one bid on that particular auction. Tickets.com immediately realized things were screwed up and said once everything was sorted out I SHOULD get the tix I originally bid on. As of today nothing has been sorted out and I still don't know if I will get the tix even though some people who bid less than me will get the tix. Does anyone have any info on this or have any suggestions as to how I can complain about this. Calling Ticketmaster and Tickets.com has been unproductive to this point.

Wow. Who knew anyone could make Ticketbastard look good? My recommendation is to keep escalating the call. Asking for supervisors usually helps me. Also, look for the contact info of the CEO and send a letter or email. They hate getting complaints.

I did make progress today. I spoke with a supervisor and they are 'trying to sort out the issue'. They are supposed to call me tomorrow with an update. Of course, I was told the same thing last Friday and have yet to get a call. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, so I'll keep calling them until it gets resolved I guess. Never thought about contacting the CEO. Thanks for the idea, I'll give it a shot.

Red Zone tics for Baltimore?

Am I seeing TM correctly? Did they add set price RZ tics to the page for $300/ea or so? How many of these will they sell to pack the RZ's??:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Am I seeing TM correctly? Did they add set price RZ tics to the page for $300/ea or so? How many of these will they sell to pack the RZ's??:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

They mustn't have moved many through the auction. Funny how they're selling them at 2x what we paid through the auction. :D

Hey everyone. I'm doing RZ for the first time for Sydney 2.

What time do you usually have to show up at the box office in order to claim your ticket and be wrist-banded?

Hey everyone. I'm doing RZ for the first time for Sydney 2.

What time do you usually have to show up at the box office in order to claim your ticket and be wrist-banded?

You should get an email several days prior to the show with specific pickup instructions

always the Brasil shows are more expensive, and the ARgentina shows the cheapest (of the area)

for example: last tour, Brasil had the most expensive tickets of the whole tour, I mean, every ticket was expensive
But CHILE had THE MOST EXPENSIVE ticket of the whole tour... but it was 1 location.

Argentina is the easiest choice

always the Brasil shows are more expensive, and the ARgentina shows the cheapest (of the area)

for example: last tour, Brasil had the most expensive tickets of the whole tour, I mean, every ticket was expensive
But CHILE had THE MOST EXPENSIVE ticket of the whole tour... but it was 1 location.

Argentina is the easiest choice

WTF?

Red Zones for Brazil are $599 each using the international ordering link????

EDIT - I see they changed the price to R1000 from what it was yesterday

Ok, this might sound silly, but I would appreciate an anwser...I´m trying to figure out if I would buy RZ for Argentina concert...It´s a load of money but I don´t think Iwill risk the chance of being crushed in the GA + the hours of lining up before the concert (I cannot do it for health and work reasons) ..question is...is RZ really worth it?? I mean I dont want to touch any of the band members, but yes see them well (or at least a couple of them) plus follow the show... what would you advice???

I've done RZ for more than 10 shows. Most recently did RZ for both Auckland. Personally, I love it. I do get there for when the doors open to ensure a good spot on the rail. The view for me has been great, particularly when they're out on the catwalk. I've never experienced the normal GA crush, it's usually a much bigger area than the people who end up in it. It's definitely a different vibe than GA; much more laidback, so you should keep that in mind if you really want the excitement of being in the pit. Also, I've always had access to the pit if I wanted with the RZ access.

I've done RZ for more than 10 shows. Most recently did RZ for both Auckland. Personally, I love it. I do get there for when the doors open to ensure a good spot on the rail. The view for me has been great, particularly when they're out on the catwalk. I've never experienced the normal GA crush, it's usually a much bigger area than the people who end up in it. It's definitely a different vibe than GA; much more laidback, so you should keep that in mind if you really want the excitement of being in the pit. Also, I've always had access to the pit if I wanted with the RZ access.

Thanks for the advice, it really sounds good and it helps me a lot!!! :applaud::applaud::applaud::wave:

Ok, this might sound silly, but I would appreciate an anwser...I´m trying to figure out if I would buy RZ for Argentina concert...It´s a load of money but I don´t think Iwill risk the chance of being crushed in the GA + the hours of lining up before the concert (I cannot do it for health and work reasons) ..question is...is RZ really worth it?? I mean I dont want to touch any of the band members, but yes see them well (or at least a couple of them) plus follow the show... what would you advice???

Red Zone is definitely the way to go if you dont want to wait in line all day and still get a good spot. Ive done RZ 10-12 times so far and will continue to do it in the US where you can get the auctions fairly cheap.

I usually dont go in until after the opening act (unless Muse) and Ive never been farther than 2nd or 3rd person from the rail

I had my kids (9 / 6 ) in RZ Charlottesville and one of the roadies came over and gave them setlists and picks :applaud:

Red Zone is definitely the way to go if you dont want to wait in line all day and still get a good spot. Ive done RZ 10-12 times so far and will continue to do it in the US where you can get the auctions fairly cheap.

I usually dont go in until after the opening act (unless Muse) and Ive never been farther than 2nd or 3rd person from the rail

I had my kids (9 / 6 ) in RZ Charlottesville and one of the roadies came over and gave them setlists and picks :applaud:

thanks for the piece of advice, it sounds really good for me...It´s a lot of Argentinina pesos but I feel I deserve it!!!!LOL!!! after all who would have told me I could see U2 near home??? :applaud::applaud::applaud: So what I save in transport and lodging I will invest in RZ, again thanks for the advice!!!:wave:

RZ sounds good. I've got Pat26's same reservations about GA and will have a go at RZ for BA. However, if RZ were to be sold-out before I get the chance to get through to ticketek (which will probably be the case), which of the seated areas would you recommend for a good view and decent sound? Map of the venue at this link:

http://www.ticketek.com.ar/Conciertos/Rock-Internacional/U2__U2LP2011

Thanks in advance for any advice.

RZ sounds good. I've got Pat26's same reservations about GA and will have a go at RZ for BA. However, if RZ were to be sold-out before I get the chance to get through to ticketek (which will probably be the case), which of the seated areas would you recommend for a good view and decent sound? Map of the venue at this link:

Ticketek Argentina - Entradas para U2

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Section 9-10 & 25-26 would be the best (but also most expensive)

There is probably a price break around 7-8, 27-28. If you can get these tickets at the 2nd or 3rd price level, that's a good deal.

Part of the stage may be a little obstructed from the claw, but you will be very close

Section 9-10 & 25-26 would be the best (but also most expensive)

There is probably a price break around 7-8, 27-28. If you can get these tickets at the 2nd or 3rd price level, that's a good deal.

Part of the stage may be a little obstructed from the claw, but you will be very close

Thanks a lot. All the ones you mentioned are the same price (2nd level after RZ), so I'll try to get one of the first you mentioned if RZ is sold-out!

Back
Top Bottom