All (RED) Zone / VIP Tickets Discussion HERE Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome, thanks for sharing your photos! They are brilliant!

Bonocomet - what time did you have to get there to get a spot on the rail? And once you got there, were you able to leave your spot to go to the toilet/get a drink etc and come back to it (if someone was saving your spot)? Was it just as crowded in the red zone as it is in normal GA or was there a bit more space?

Test

Edit: Man, Flickr kind of sucks. I have no idea why that's not working.

Yeah, I was trying to help the poster on the previous page. I suggested Photobucket to him as well. :)

Bonocomet - what time did you have to get there to get a spot on the rail? And once you got there, were you able to leave your spot to go to the toilet/get a drink etc and come back to it (if someone was saving your spot)? Was it just as crowded in the red zone as it is in normal GA or was there a bit more space?

I arrived at the gate (after picking up my ticket from will call) about 30 mins before they let us in. This scored me a rail spot about 1/2 way along the RZ. I'd recommend arriving 1hr early, then you'll be able to grab a rail up towards the end of RZ, near the front CLAW leg. This will give you a more front on view.

RZ is nowhere near as crowded as the inner circle. Only about 300 people each side I think was the consensus. Easy to move around for a drink or the loo. Once the band arrived obviously everyone squishes towards the rail a little more, but it's nothing like GA, I never felt cramped.

I was even able to leave the RZ 1/2 way through the closer, MOS (I don't like this song much), & head around to the back of the stage, to watch the band come down the stairs & leave the field. That was a great way to finish the night.

We got there early, maybe 8 am, but still had to wait for the will call office to open, and now I can't remember what time that was... maybe 8-9 am. There was no one waiting at the red zone gate yet (at least on Edge's side of the stadium) so we were first in line after that. However there were at least 8 lines that formed as the day went on because the gate for red zone had about that many actual turnstyles so they let people line up at all of them. Plus once gate open time neared, suddenly appeared all the line crashers pushing to go ahead of us. It was still a mad dash once we were let in, but we were able to get a good rail spot, though those filled up quickly. Everything after rail (like second row behind us) you could have showed up very late and still got that. I think the people behind us only appeared right before the show started. It did eventually fill up, but you could still get there later and get a good spot. However if you absolutely want rail you should be early. Most people near us who got the rail had also been there with us most the day.
The red zone was not as crowded as the pit at all, the pit looked smashed like sardines in front of us, and could barely move. I heard they might have over stuffed the pit at the Rose Bowl because it was being filmed for the dvd but that might have been the opposite of the effect they wanted as I know some people said they were so squished they couldn't move or jump or anything. We were crowded, but not squished, and the one time I left (before the show started) for the bathroom I had no trouble walking there and back easily. I had friends to save my spot on the rail, but even the stranger to my right saved it for me too, as I did him when he left to get us all water. It probably depends on the show too. Rose Bowl crowd was huge, but even then I didn't feel too crowded in the red zone.
Hope that helps!

Edit to mention that we were at the front part of the red zone, next to the front leg which gives you the best view of the front stage where the band spends most of their time. You could probably get rail farther down the line by coming later, but the front part filled up right away with the people who had come early. (and a few line cutters)

^ wow BC, 8am for RZ! Still you're right, Rose Bowl was pretty crazy, a very high demand show. My experience was at the other end of the scale, Phoenix (a low demand show that took forever to sell out GA's). A very casual experience.

I arrived for the Rose Bowl show at the same time as you, 8am. A pretty casual GA line experience, in the sun, on the grass. That was until the stampede before gates opened, & shit hit the fan :doh:

Which RZ were you in BC? I was inner circle, back rail, Adam's side, right near the front CLAW leg (there with Zuropa_fit). So if you were Adam's side we may have been right across the catwalk from eachother :D

photos

4876140060_5f5b1a5909_b.jpg
4875519219_bfceb2f80d_b.jpg
Thanks corianderstem-think I have figured out how to do the fliker thing Thanks heaps :wave:
Btw my photos are from GA at 2 concerts but RZ sounds a lot more relaxed(for over 3 times the cost in Australia-trying to figure out if its worth it still-sell it to me folks :)
4875532489_4c95300a25_b.jpg

^ wow BC, 8am for RZ! Still you're right, Rose Bowl was pretty crazy, a very high demand show. My experience was at the other end of the scale, Phoenix (a low demand show that took forever to sell out GA's). A very casual experience.

I arrived for the Rose Bowl show at the same time as you, 8am. A pretty casual GA line experience, in the sun, on the grass. That was until the stampede before gates opened, & shit hit the fan :doh:

Which RZ were you in BC? I was inner circle, back rail, Adam's side, right near the front CLAW leg (there with Zuropa_fit). So if you were Adam's side we may have been right across the catwalk from eachother :D

We were Edge's side :wave: We had no idea how early people would line up for such a huge show like Rose Bowl and we wanted rail for sure so we went early but it turned out to be a nice day waiting and a few other people showed up early too. We had 4 people in our group in line so it was easy to leave and come back to get water or go to the merchandise stand while we waited. We liked it so much, we're doing red zone again for Anaheim.

Thanks for the feedback-I show people are they go oh photos of U2 (don't know many BIG fans like me). I was thinking of getting one blockmounted on canzas but can't decide which one(I have at least a thousand-probably like all you guys :))
4876128100_e20db0d412_b.jpg

They are really nice, you should do that. Have you uploaded any to the gallery here? That's a good place to do it and they will be appreciated there for sure. :)

Cool hadn't thought of that, will go through them all on my computer and get them on sometime so others can appreciate them too :) There must be millions of photos out there aye?:wave:

D.darroch and bonocomet - thanks for sharing your experiences! Wow, two very different experiences though - so I guess you're right and it all depends on how high demand the show is as to how cruisey it will be! I'm guessing Sydney would be considered high demand too.. do you think? So 8-9am would be the go??? I guess I'd love to get on the rail because I'm really short, but it's good to know you could still get 2nd row if you arrived later!

I realise 300 people per red zone is obviously not too many in comparison to the inner circle, but having never done GA, it still sounds like a lot! Do you know roughly how many people they squeeze into the inner circle? Would be good to have a rough comparison to work with! :)

Airwalk 74 - your photos are amazing!!

Actually Red Zone and VIP are different, at least they were last year. I haven't looked at it this year though so I could be wrong and suggest you read on the ticket site to be sure. But last year, VIP paid more so they could get a tour along with their red zone ticket. I think they also got a pre-show party (food and drink) and a gift as well. There was one problem that happened at the red zone in Pasadena with the VIP's. They were brought inside for their tour early. Some of these people had only shown up minutes before this and had not waited in line at all. When they were returned to the line after their tour, some of them tried to tell the security that because they had bought VIP they were to be placed at the front of the redzone lines in front of us and allowed to enter first when the gates opened! Security at first blindly went along with them and stuffed them into the line in front of all of us who'd waited all day. This created a minor meltdown, and someone from the tour was called to the gate and there was a lot of back and forth communication on phones before these line crashers were told they would have to go to the back of the red zone lines, or to the previous spots they held before their tour. There really didn't seem to be any real procedure for the way that whole process should work. :uhoh:

Actually, from what I've seen in Europe, for the sold RZ there is only one type, the regular RZ, (i.e. no tour etc). What the VIP is are the packages that have the pre-party, the gift and one of the expensive seated tickets.

They had VIP in the states also, but again they weren't the people who won RZ with the tour etc, they were the people who bought the packages with the party, gift, in some cases prepaid parking and one of the $250 seats.

Last year the VIP gift was a fake leather toiletry bag with either U2 or U2 360 engraved on the front. I bought one off of ebay for $20.

Here's the info for the Aus/NZ VIP packages and again they are not RZ but just expensive seated tickets.

U2 360 Tour - Australia & New Zealand - Ticket Packages - Hotel Accommodation Packages - VIP Ticket Packages

Ohh ok, sorry... scrap what I said in my last post then!! I just assumed it was the same thing because on the Ticketek site it refers to red zone tickets as VIP, but I didn't look at any of the other ticket options!

Bonocomet - that sounds very frustrating! I'm glad the VIP's got booted out of the front of the line in the end, though! :)

Thanks everybody :kiss: . . . I don't know why I couldn't find that information when I went looking last time :reject: . . . but thanks for clearing that up . . . I'll just stump up for regular ole red zone if I get the chance methinks :)

and those photos . . . :combust: . . . just gorgeous :up:

Thanks guys-great to have my photos appreciated. Now I will have to go through them all and upload all the best to the gallery :)
Never get sick of U2 - wish I could relive the Las Vegas concert I went to last year(without the nearly fainting though). The crowd were great-so many nice people. :applaud:
I was reading today Bono likes to give the finger to people taking photos-anyone manage to take one of him doing that?

Yeah, ramblin rose's right. VIP are seated tickets, although they also give access to the field.

I used a VIP pass (let's just say borrowed) to get access to the field in Vegas. Watched the 1st half of the show on the outer rail, & watched the 2nd half for my $30 seat in the very back row of the stadium on Adam's side. Not a bad experience :D

Bonocomet, I'm pretty sure I saw a couple of VIP passes in my RZ too. Not sure what that's all about. They definitely gave access to the field & the inner circle, but my friend never tried to get access to RZ.

I think I mixed up VIP with the other red zone packages that included the tour, food/drinks and gift. Sorry! They were similar I think to VIP. I know they cost a lot more and received all that stuff, but their TICKET to the show (red zone) was no different than the rest of us and did not grant them the right to not have to wait in line like everyone else. Maybe someone will remember what those tickets were called. Sorry I thought I remembered VIP red zone.

I think I mixed up VIP with the other red zone packages that included the tour, food/drinks and gift. Sorry! They were similar I think to VIP. I know they cost a lot more and received all that stuff, but their TICKET to the show (red zone) was no different than the rest of us and did not grant them the right to not have to wait in line like everyone else. Maybe someone will remember what those tickets were called. Sorry I thought I remembered VIP red zone.

Yeah, you could bid in the auction just for normal RZ, or RZ with a backstage tour. I was hanging out with a girl that did the backstage tour (Val - she's on bluecrack I think). Think the winning bids for the tour were awfully expensive, & no glimpse of the band members :angry:

I remember, because of the confusing way the auction was set up, there were quite a few people that got screwed out of a lot of cash. These people thought they were bidding on the backstage tour only, & when their bids were unsuccessful they were charged this amount, just for plain old RZ (way higher than most bids).

As Rosa says, no auction now, & no backstage tours.

Back
Top Bottom