All (RED) Zone / VIP Tickets Discussion HERE Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions about Red Zone tickets:
1) Do Red Zone confirmation letters always say which Zone your tickets will be in or will you only find this out when you pick up the tickets at the box office? (the person I am trying to buy tickets from says he doesn't what zone the tickets are from--is this normal?)

2) Is it possible to pick up the red zone tickets on the day before the show if u2 is playing the day before as well or can they only be picked up on the day of the show?

Thanks!

Thanks for the info and video. That really helps.

I don't know if all the confirmation letters say the Red Zone number, but mine from Chicago 2 does.
I have recieved an email saying that I can pick up my RZ ticket the day before at the stadium. Again, I don't know if this applies to all venues.

Good luck!

Birdlover

Questions about Red Zone tickets:
1) Do Red Zone confirmation letters always say which Zone your tickets will be in or will you only find this out when you pick up the tickets at the box office? (the person I am trying to buy tickets from says he doesn't what zone the tickets are from--is this normal?)

2) Is it possible to pick up the red zone tickets on the day before the show if u2 is playing the day before as well or can they only be picked up on the day of the show?

I didn`t know which zone I was for Croke 3 until I picked up the ticket. Even then it was very small and only on the ticket stub so I still wasn`t sure. The 2 red zones had diff coloured wristbands but again no marking saying 1 of 2 so I actually checked when I went through the turnstile which side I was!

My number on the ticket was 189 so if there are 150 people each side I assume the first 150 are side 1, then 151-300 are side 2?

I`m red zone at Wembley 1 and again I don`t know which zone I am though on my confirmation booking it says seats 30 & 31 so I`m thinking red zone 1................but I could be wrong and it could be entirely random!:hmm:

GAP exploiting Kids!

New Gap shirts are in a store near me and the window is a whole product red display! i thought and was afraid that red was fizzling out.

Best not read The Sunday Times article about Gap and what they have been up to and it also appears none of the Red stuff is being made in Africa, Bono needs to sharpen his pencil I think.

African dream turns sour for orphan army - Times Online

Warby

The article

I just read the whole article, and it clearly states that Gap has stopped making Red shirts there, and are investigating all the charges. Gap only accounts for 5% of the clothing made at those factories.

I do hope it gets cleaned up. At least they are trying. How many companies pollute with nobody caring?

It just shows that no solution is perfect.

Thanks for posting that, Warby.

Birdlover

Red Zone 2, Dublin 2, 25th July. Here is my review

We got to the ticket office at 5.30, and picked up our tickets after showing my credit card as proof. They had an envelop waiting for us which had the tickets, wristbands and some general instructions. There was no queue here and it just took us 2 minutes total.

The Red Zone (an pitch access) entrance was on the other side of the stadium from the ticket office so we had to walk for a bout 15 minutes before we got to the entrance. On our way we saw many people trying to sell RZ tickets!

At the entrance there was a seperate turnstile for RZ. We got in and after we were over the shock of seeing the claw in person for the first time we made our way to RZ2 (Adams side). We were greeted by 2 lovely ladies who showed told us about the RZ only toilets, the bar access (which was common with the inner circle people) and also showed us some cool things in the claw (and how its filled with an entire crew on the inside and above the stage)

We were in the RZ at around 6.30 and got a spot on the rails. There was a security guy right in front of us but he kept moving once the show started. THe RZ only really filled up once U2 came on at 9.

The view is brilliant considering you just walk in at 6.30 and get a spot on the rails. It is side on and so you never really see Bono face to face (or The Edge, or Larry for that matter) unless they come over on the outer ring. We saw Adam the entire time.

But you still get a very very good view of the stage AND the Claw in action. I think if you are to close to the stage (inner circle) you can miss the whole spectacle. In my view the BEST spot is on the rails front and middle on the outside of the inner circle. But you would probably need to queue 8 hours in advance to get that spot.

Bono came over to our side once the entire show during COBL. Larry came over with the bongo uring Crazy remix. Edge cameover twice - once durng Streets and once more. Adam practically was on the ring in front of our faces the entire time. I have a video in which he is standing right infront and practically looking straight into my camera.

The show itself is beyond belief! It rained briefly but even that was great. the vibe was spot on. Dublin was a dream the entire weekend. U2 owned the city those few days. The show fnished at 11 and it was the best 2 hours of my life.

RZ is worth it, its the simplest, cheapest way to get the best seats in the house. Yes its side on but you can't ask for everything!

Let me know if any of you have any specific questions. Regarding RZ 1 or 2. I knew that we were in RZ2 right from the beginning as it was mentioned on the TM website when I accessed my order details. RZ2 is always Adam and RZ1 is The Edge.

BTW UV will blow your mind!!!

Enjoy!

Thx

Thanks Kixy great review, you just upped my excitement for Wembley 2!

Cheers
Warby

Question for someone who has been in Red Zone

I am going by myself to see them in Red Zone 2 in Toronto as none of my friends like U2 anymore and won't spend the money to travel to see them. Does anyone know how early I should be at the show to get a good rail spot in Red Zone. I don't want to go too early but as I'm travelling a long way to see them I don't want to miss out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jeff

We were at Dublin 2 and I was in the inner circle at Gelsenkirchen. At Dublin we had to hold our ground for 5 hours by firmly 'leaning' on those who were leaning on us. Several times we nearly were knocked over. Our location was about 10 people deep outside the circle in front of The Edge. Absolutely no way could we have left for bathroom, food, etc. and got our spots back. If I had left I think I could have gotten back to our location, but the other 3 in my group were females and they had trouble holding their spots the way it was. There was no way they could have left and returned with any hopes of getting their same spot. I switched my wife places one time because the dude behind were was getting much much too close for her liking. He was even making crude motions to his buddy about it. I switched her places and he didn't attempt the pushing anymore. Later, I had to 'lean' quite hard on another young man to keep from being pushed over by him. This continued for several minutes until I told him to back off and give me space which he did. The concert was great but it was a long, long ordeal.

In Gelsenkirchen I was alone, but I managed to get into the inner circle. My excitement quickly vanished once the opening act started. There were way too many people crammed into the front part of the inner circle. My spot wasn't the best, but it was adequate. I was on Adam's side. Again it was 4 hours of standing my ground and being jostled, elbowed and manhandled. In between acts many more people pushed there way into the already overcrowded area. 3 very tall guys pushed through and stopped right in front of me. One guy tried to talk to me in German. All I could do was tell him I only spoke English. Luckily he spoke English and when U2 came out he turned and asked if I could see around him. Luckily I could, but there were 3 or 4 short girls around my area and a couple of them completely quit trying to see the stage after a few songs. Again the concert was great, but I felt like I had been in a boxing match after the show. I have 2 bad knees and a balky back from sports injuries. Standing for several hours and having to physically hold my ground is something I am much too old for. I am going to Chicago, but I will not go through this ordeal again.
This leads to my question. Kixy mentioned they were selling RZ tix for Dublin 2 on the street. Has anyone else noticed this at the other shows? Is there a way (Ebay, etc.) of purchasing RZ tix now? The inner circle for Vertigo was the place to be, but I definitely want to be in the RZ for this tour.

Thanks for sharing, russmadem. I have GA for 3 shows, but after reading most of the stories from GA the last few weeks I'll be content to stand in back. It just doesn't seem worth it(yes I'm old too). I hope you can find RZ tickets. If you're persistent and show up early when the box office opens I think you'll have a shot. I'm looking forward to RZ for Chi2 and Bos2 and hopefully it will be worth it :D

kixy, great write up! i went rz for dublin 3 and can attest that my experience was pretty much as you described, only i was on edge's side rather than on adam's. i think i got there a little later when the first support act was finishing their performance, got myself a place at the rail and stayed there although there were many people who were sitting on the seats located in the back of the area. if you're doing rz, ideally you'd probably want to get a spot nearer to the front to get a better angle/view of the whole stage. being the third day and with many fans going to multiple shows and perhaps knowing about this, that particular section was more crowded (two, three rows formed from the rail) on the day, so i settled for a place that was basically perpendicular to the centre of the stage, right accross from where larry was. little did i know though that the arched bridge would move to exactly that place a few times during the show, obscuring the view of the stage almost completely. the good thing about it, otoh, is that when the boys came over, you had the best view (as they would often pause on top of it or be walking towards you). in any case, my advice would be to situate yourself towards the front half of the stage for a better view, and if you want to be on the rail as well, be there a little early or when the doors open.

being 5'2 and not up to queueing multiple hours, i saw dublin 1 from a great spot on the stands and went rz for dublin 3. i'm glad i did both as i got both the 'wide shot' and the 'close-ups'. if i can catch another show though, i think i'll definitely try to get a rz ticket.

as for those who are looking to buy rz tickets from other fans, i had to sell mine on the street as i couldn't meet up with the person i was supposed to sell it to. i scribbled 'one rz available' or something on the envelope the tickets were in and as soon as i took it out of my bag when i got to the street corner leading into the gate, i was approached by a shady looking scalper who tried to get it for 20-50. i promptly dismissed him and then, despite my uncertainty, i immdiately got surrouned by quite a few (normal-looking) people. one guy who'd already done rz was interested and i sold it to him for 80 (i'd paid 110). we both forgot about the wristband that comes with rz tickets which you need to wear once in the area, but i managed to find him later, before it became a problem. so, yeah. if you do manage to buy a red zone ticket, MAKE SURE YOU GET THAT WRISTBAND TOO!:sexywink:

thanks for all the info and reviews! i cannot wait to see them in chicago! :love:

anyone here win the backstage tour?

Kixy mentioned they were selling RZ tix for Dublin 2 on the street. Has anyone else noticed this at the other shows? Is there a way (Ebay, etc.) of purchasing RZ tix now?

I was at Amsterdam 1/2 and Dublin 1-3. All I saw were people with signs looking for Red Zone.

Dont expect to see any on the street, its a needle in the haystack sort of thing.

Like so many others I purchased some tickets before winning a pair in the Red Zone. Does anyone have any tips on shifting the first pair which I no longer need (Wembley - Friday 14th)???

If I have to resort to selling them to a scalper/tout outside the stadium, what kind of return can I expect?

Like so many others I purchased some tickets before winning a pair in the Red Zone. Does anyone have any tips on shifting the first pair which I no longer need (Wembley - Friday 14th)???

If I have to resort to selling them to a scalper/tout outside the stadium, what kind of return can I expect?

try selling them on ticketsnow.com or stubhub.com?

Anyone know how much the TM fees are on the RZ tickets? Are they the normal sort of percentage?

On mine, NO convenience charge. That surprised me. One has a $3.35 processing charge and the other pair is $5.35. So not too bad actually.

I haven't been brave enough to look back at the receipt to see what I paid for RZ Las Vegas. :reject:

It is paid-off though, unlike some previous tours, I've actually paid off the charges before the tour started. :happydance:

M

There's always the Interference "What Do You Have/What Do You Want" forum here.

Anyone know how much the TM fees are on the RZ tickets? Are they the normal sort of percentage?

On mine, NO convenience charge. That surprised me. One has a $3.35 processing charge and the other pair is $5.35. So not too bad actually.

Yes, amazingly enough looks like TM did not add those horrendous fees to RZ tickets :up:

Total Convenience Charge(s) No Charge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom