All LIVE NATION Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
Hi all,

Thought I'd share this with my fellow fans. A friend of mine emailed Live Nation regarding the rumor going around about the fact that they may send us to StubHub the way Ticketmaster sent people to TicketsNow during the Bruce Springsteen ticket presale. She got a response from them that I thought I would pass on..

here's the email and what was said.

Hi Amy:

I emailed Live Nation the other day about the rumor going around about the fact that they may send us to StubHub the way Ticketmaster sent people to TicketsNow during the Bruce Springsteen ticket presale. Rather than jumping into tall of the discussions without really knowing if it was true I decided to email Live Nation to ask them directly if this was their policy (to send customers to StubHub).
So this afternoon my cell phone rings and it's a guy by the name of Bill Marrs from Live Nation. Needless to say I was stunned to not only get a response, but get a personal phone call. He was a really nice guy and he was very concerned about the rumor going around about the fact that LiveNation may send customers to StubHub during the U2 ticket sales. He said that it is not how LiveNation would do things and it definitely _will not happen_. He asked if I knew where the rumor was coming from and I said I didn't know but that people were probably assuming it would happen since LiveNation and Ticketmaster were merging and Ticketmaster did it to their customers a month ago when Bruce Springsteen tickets were on sale. I gave him the Interference.com website and Bajagirl's name for U2.com to help stop the rumormill from going any further.

So that's good news. He said that if anyone has questions they can call him directly at ***-***-**** and again his name is Bill Marrs. Totally nice guy.

Ok, I'll talk to you soon. Thanks for keeping me in the loop on all of this U2 info.

Take Care,
Joanne:)

so that's what I got. Let's hope that it sticks..

I know from my experience trying to buy Phish tickets last month that LiveNation is woefully unprepared for the demand that will come with the U2 on-sale date.

Phish tickets went on sale on a Saturday morning at 10:00 a.m. It took nearly 2 hours to finally get through all of the set-up registration pages and actually get a chance to get tickets. The pages that were supposed to be completed within a certain number of minutes routinely timed out as the site was slammed with ticket requests.

It's going to be a friggin' madhouse with the U2 tickets. Thousands of times worse. I predict lots and lots of unhappy people.

I know from my experience trying to buy Phish tickets last month that LiveNation is woefully unprepared for the demand that will come with the U2 on-sale date.

Phish tickets went on sale on a Saturday morning at 10:00 a.m. It took nearly 2 hours to finally get through all of the set-up registration pages and actually get a chance to get tickets. The pages that were supposed to be completed within a certain number of minutes routinely timed out as the site was slammed with ticket requests.

It's going to be a friggin' madhouse with the U2 tickets. Thousands of times worse. I predict lots and lots of unhappy people.

i know, i know. I heard all about this incident. I have been worried about this very thing with the u2 presales and general sales too. It gives me a sick feeling in my stomach. I don't think it is going to go well at all.. :sad:

Is there another way to get tickets aside from live nation? And besides eBay and those types of avenues?

so do you have to have a livenation account set up in order to purchase tickets through them? that's the impression i'm getting from above posts.

You don't need it ahead of time when ordering tickets, but it's a highly recommended that you do so anyway.

LN's servers are gonna get slammed again, and if you have to waste valuable time typing your name and address on the order page, you might lose out.

Yeah I actually just went there earlier and signed up for an account and got everything situated so I dont have to worry about it later.

However, I see that ticketmaster still seems to be up and running? What's the deal exactly? They will not be offering U2 tickets?

Yeah I actually just went there earlier and signed up for an account and got everything situated so I dont have to worry about it later.

However, I see that ticketmaster still seems to be up and running? What's the deal exactly? They will not be offering U2 tickets?

I thought the whole U2-Live Nation deal meant that Live Nation would be the exclusive ticket seller for every U2 show, at least in the U.S.

According to Live Nation International, they have operations in the following countries:

Beijing :lol:
Belgium
Czech Republic
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Hong Kong
Ireland
Hungary
Italy
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Shanghai
Singapore
Spain
Sweden
UAE
UK
USA & Canada

Think that covers most of the European markets.

ugh, I am just testing the Live Nation Presale for the Coldplay concert at Toronto Rogers Centre, and I get a HTTP 500 when trying to access the page

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

yep... this livenation presales and general sales is gonna be A FRIGGIN NIGHTMARE! We are probably better off buying from scalpers at this point..:mad: The odds will be better that's for sure.

Im doing it now too but the site is horrible...Its slow and I cant figure out how to enter cc info..I hit continue and it doesn't do anything..:|

Back
Top Bottom