All LIVE NATION Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the Ticketmaster comment is a miscommunication.
Of course a Canadian wanting to attend a US show will have to go through the US site. The US site represents the stadium for all purposes of point of purchase and taxable income. However, a Canadian show/date will occur on the Canadian site (Toronto,Vancouver). The point of purchase and the collection of data to report taxable income must come from the country in which the stadium is hosting the gig. Simple as that. It is law.
I think the representative of Ticketmaster, in this case, is assuming all NA shows are in the USA.

I'm just saying what she told me. She's well aware of the Canadian shows. She simply said tickets will be able to be purchased for US shows via ticketmaster.com. For Canadian dates it'll have to be via livenation or presale as ticketmaster.ca won't be selling them.

But do not take this as gosspel. She could be wrong but she's fairly versed whe it comes to these things. Just passng along info but by all means don't take my word for it 100%. I agree it seems weird.

Okay I have a question, hopefully someone can answer this

I had a LiveNation account but couldn't remember my username and couldn't find anywhere to recover it, so I made a new one. It works and everything, but whenever I go to my info and hit "continue" it just loads the page again. I put in my billing info, but can't find where to enter my credit card. My question is, do you enter your credit card during the purchase itself, or is there something I'm missing and you do it beforehand? Also if it redirects you to Ticketmaster as you said does that mean I need a Ticketmaster account too??

thanks

oh yeah one more q ... my email address is different than the one on my bank info because I had to make a new account and I assumed they wouldn't let me use the same email address. is that gonna matter? I wanna make sure I do this right :crazy:

Okay I have a question, hopefully someone can answer this

I had a LiveNation account but couldn't remember my username and couldn't find anywhere to recover it, so I made a new one. It works and everything, but whenever I go to my info and hit "continue" it just loads the page again. I put in my billing info, but can't find where to enter my credit card. My question is, do you enter your credit card during the purchase itself, or is there something I'm missing and you do it beforehand? Also if it redirects you to Ticketmaster as you said does that mean I need a Ticketmaster account too??

thanks

hmmm....weird.....i don't know. but i wonder if i should update my Ticketmaster info too now. so confusing.... :huh:

oh yeah one more q ... my email address is different than the one on my bank info because I had to make a new account and I assumed they wouldn't let me use the same email address. is that gonna matter? I wanna make sure I do this right :crazy:

i don't think that would matter. i can't picture LiveNation cross referencing that info. normally they just go by billing address.

hmmm....weird.....i don't know. but i wonder if i should update my Ticketmaster info too now. so confusing.... :huh:

Yeah I'm hoping the European presales can shed some light on this, although the US ones may be different and as Chicago goers we'll be the first ones...

i don't think that would matter. i can't picture LiveNation cross referencing that info. normally they just go by billing address.

ah, yeah, thanks. But I'm also wondering, if Ticketmaster is involved, do THOSE email addresses need to match

involving two different companies = :doh:

Yeah I'm hoping the European presales can shed some light on this, although the US ones may be different and as Chicago goers we'll be the first ones...

ah, yeah, thanks. But I'm also wondering, if Ticketmaster is involved, do THOSE email addresses need to match

involving two different companies = :doh:

i used to work for a company that ONLY looked at email addresses if there was suspicion of fraud. otherwise, email addresses are normally ignored.

edit. I'm going to update my Ticketmaster info just in case LiveNation tries to transfer the order through Ticketmaster. i want no holdups! :)

i used to work for a company that ONLY looked at email addresses if there was suspicion of fraud. otherwise, email addresses are normally ignored.

edit. I'm going to update my Ticketmaster info just in case LiveNation tries to transfer the order through Ticketmaster. i want no holdups! :)

oh man now I'm nervous, should I make a new email address, should I update my bank's email address...

I guess the safest thing to do would be create a new Ticketmaster account with the same one as LiveNation and change my bank email address to that as well. right?

okay I have to go study for my midterm which is in less than an hour :lol: I hope I'm not worrying about this the whole time :wink:

oh man now I'm nervous, should I make a new email address, should I update my bank's email address...

I guess the safest thing to do would be create a new Ticketmaster account with the same one as LiveNation and change my bank email address to that as well. right?

okay I have to go study for my midterm which is in less than an hour :lol: I hope I'm not worrying about this the whole time :wink:

to be honest, i wouldn't even worry about it. but for piece of mind, i would just update your bank's info. it might come in handy for more than just getting tickets down the road.

It is more than wierd. It breaks taxs laws. This is a fact. The collections of monies for ANY show must be represtented by the country of origin to the show. This is how the world works. It is not that hard to understand really.
This is of no judgement to you personally Hallucination. I'm just dissing the ignorance of this Ticketmaster person. :wave:

Ok has anyone had this happen yet? Tried to login, and got this?

We don't recognize that email address. Please note the email address associated with your Live Nation Ticketing™ account is different than your My Live Nation account

:confused: :scream:

hmmm.....no. i signed up with the same email address on both of them. hmm...

It is more than wierd. It breaks taxs laws. This is a fact. The collections of monies for ANY show must be represtented by the country of origin to the show. This is how the world works. It is not that hard to understand really.
This is of no judgement to you personally Hallucination. I'm just dissing the ignorance of this Ticketmaster person. :wave:
But how is she being ignorant? Is she not saying exactly what you're saying here? Only difference is she's said that the ticketmaster.ca won't have the Canadian dates up for sale. I'm just trying to figure it out like everyone else :lol:

So according to her Ticketmaster.COM will sell them but not ticketmaster.ca

You said here Ticketmaster's USA webpage will sell Canadian shows. This is simply not true. USA webpages cannot collect funds for a Canadian point of purchase (being the stadium of the show) and collect tax data for the Cdn. government.

Any site claiming to sell Canadian show tickets will redirect you to a webpage based in Canada.

You said here Ticketmaster's USA webpage will sell Canadian shows. This is simply not true. USA webpages cannot collect funds for a Canadian point of purchase (being the stadium of the show) and collect tax data for the Cdn. government.

Any site claiming to sell Canadian show tickets will redirect you to a webpage based in Canada.

No. she's saying ticketmaster.com will sell for the shows in the States only. For the Canadian dates she ment you'll have to got o livenation or presale. Those were my words you quoted. I obviously worded it poorly.
She could very well be wrong but that's what she said. She didn't mean ticketmaster.com was selling tickets for Canadian dates.

Well, slap my ass and call me Sally! :reject:

I just went to Livenation .COM who then took me to Ticketmaster .COM to purchase Tragically Hip tickets for the Orpheum in Vancouver. :huh:

I asked my friend who works for Ticketmaster what the deal is and here's what she says:

"ticketmaster USA will be selling tickets. Ticketmaster here in canada will not be selling the tickets as we host a differnent system then in the states you'd have to purchase online at ticketmaster.COM or call live nation before hand to see if they have any presales or internet sales"

So according to her Ticketmaster.COM will sell them but not ticketmaster.ca

I think the Ticketmaster comment is a miscommunication.
Of course a Canadian wanting to attend a US show will have to go through the US site. The US site represents the stadium for all purposes of point of purchase and taxable income. However, a Canadian show/date will occur on the Canadian site (Toronto,Vancouver). The point of purchase and the collection of data to report taxable income must come from the country in which the stadium is hosting the gig. Simple as that. It is law.
I think the representative of Ticketmaster, in this case, is assuming all NA shows are in the USA.

Well, slap my ass and call me Sally! :reject:

I just went to Livenation .COM who then took me to Ticketmaster .COM to purchase Tragically Hip tickets for the Orpheum in Vancouver. :huh:

I don't believe this for a second.

Look at Coldplay. If you log into Live Nation to try to buy tickets at Rogers, it'll take you to ticketmaster.COM. But If you go to ticketmaster.CA, you can also buy tickets there.

Pretty much anything that's on sale for Canada on Live Nation is also available at ticketmaster.CA.

ETA - Tragically Hip at the Orpheum is also available on tm.CA

Where should people looking for Dublin presale tix register an account beforehand? The LiveNation Ireland site isn't a full page like the Dutch one is...

Back
Top Bottom