All LIVE NATION Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Live nation...It still wont take me past confirming my name and billing address :scream:

I think I was stuck in the same dead end. I don't know what that sign up is for.

I think what you want to do is sign up for 'my live nation', when I did that I could get past the name and address window, I got the confirmation email and then could add U2 as my favorite. I don't know why there is a difference, but there is. At least I think I signed up in the right place?

Look what Ticketbastards greeted me with today.

photo.jpg

I think I was stuck in the same dead end. I don't know what that sign up is for.

I think what you want to do is sign up for 'my live nation', when I did that I could get past the name and address window, I got the confirmation email and then could add U2 as my favorite. I don't know why there is a difference, but there is. At least I think I signed up in the right place?

I did that and there's not even a number to call for help :|

Guys, as much as TicketMaster sucks, Live Nation is even worse.

I did the ColdPlay pre-sale on Live Nation last month and the site was totally overloaded - lots of timeouts, transaction failures etc. I finally got seats but on my 3rd try through the system and 35 minutes into it.

The line of work I am in gives me access to new companies in the ticketing space. I met some guys recently who told me that Live Nation and Ticketmaster still have systems that are built on technologies from 5-7 years ago. Very limited database capabilities, and neither has invested what they could into building massive server farms for redundant capabilities.

By the way, there is a new company in the Bay Area called FanSnap - I have no affiliation w them whatsoever. They seem to have aggregated all of the brokers under one website. If we have to end up dealing with brokers, you should think of Fansnap as the Kayak for event tickets.

Another ticketing person who worked at TicketBastard in the past told me last week that the US concert business is expecting a 30% drop off in sales this summer and that's why McG recently decided to price lots of $30 seats for this tour.

I have a quick question. I've never done a U2 tour before, so I was just wondering, if dates are announced tomorrow, does that mean the tickets will actually go on sale tomorrow?

ETA: I just set up a Live Nation account, and I had no problems either. I'd use Firefox if you have it. Internet Explorer is notoriously crappy for things like this.

I have a quick question. I've never done a U2 tour before, so I was just wondering, if dates are announced tomorrow, does that mean the tickets will actually go on sale tomorrow?

ETA: I just set up a Live Nation account, and I had no problems either. I'd use Firefox if you have it. Internet Explorer is notoriously crappy for things like this.

No, they'll give you a few days before they go on sale...better for them to have a week or so for the hype to build and the concerts can sell faster.

I heard the 14/15th of March as sale dates for the Europe shows? Anyone hear similar?

For those of you who didn't get an email confirmation from signing up to your Lies Nation account..

Follow the My Live Nation continue link on the right here: http://www.livenation.com/my_account and then you can request that they resend you the email confirmation.

For some reason, it said I didn't have an account. I was able to sign up on what looked to be a different sign up page with no problems and I got the email instantly.

Forgive the ignorance here (I don't buy concert tickets often), but what is Live Nation's role in the ticket buying process? Is ticketmaster no longer the source of U2 tickets? does it vary by venue? I ask this because for several artists on the live nation website, I'll click on buy tickets and it sends me off to the familiar ticketmaster site. I would really appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this for me or at least point me where I can read up on things.

Live Nation and TM used to be competitors, but they're merging. Live Nation's fees are even higher than TM's (as if we ever thought that was possible). They may or may not still be separate sites by the time tickets for this tour, but since U2 signed that 12 or 15 year contract with LN last year, it's almost certain we'll be buying our tickets this time from them, even if the TM site is still around.

The bottom line: higher fees and a website that's more likely to crash with heavy traffic :(

I't'll be interesting as currently LiveNation handles sales at their venues (Boston example, Comcast Center), and TM stlil handles others, including Gillette.
Had U2 not signed a deal with LN, I'd assume Ticketmaster would handle Gillette sales, they may still. We have to wait and see I guess.

I checked for Coldplay tickets here in Canada just to see where to order them, and I could have bought them on either site.

Other shows that I checked out on Live Nation, I was redirected to TM, anyway.

The merger hasn't been approved yet, has it?

I don't think so. And if it's approved between now and when tickets go on sale, I'm wondering if they'll keep things as is, anyway. U2 is a hell of a large sale to be testing out a new system to see if it can handle the demand. Or to have all the load on just the LN site.

Often I find concerts on LN and they send you to TM anyway.

A merger would be worse XM/Sirius, how is that not a monopoly?

Wait, so does this mean that U2.com is not doing fan club tickets? Sorry...I've been out of the loop for a while.

*edit* never mind, found it in another thread.

Sorry in advance for a sorta long post but...
1. the LN/TM transaction will NOT be approved any time in the near future. trust me on that. which means we are stuck with LN and all potential glitches.
2. i was able to set up an account on LN awhile ago in anticipation of U2 tix but never used. i just now bought tix to a show. i did NOT have to keep the spam box checked to complete the transaction.
3. i tried to use my debit card and there are billing zip code issues i occasionally experience and it happened here so the first time the transaction failed. when i went back in, the first set of tix was not available because the 10 mins had not yet expired (what someone else noticed when they tried to refresh for better tix.)
4. BUT....it had saved my CC information! so when i started over again I was able to edit it and enter a diff CC than my debit card info. so here is hoping my CC info is now permanently saved and this might be the trick to doing it...making a purchase.
5. Last but not least, I am hoping to go to a Paris show. went to LN-France. Clicked on depeche mode just to see what happened and said tix not available. tried a few others and get an error message. don't see where you can register. so not sure how it will work to buy LN tix in Europe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom