360 Tour Disappointment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Visiongfx

Acrobat
Is it just the band getting old and the 360 tour isn't all that fun and exciting with songs?

Or is it just that many people have a tendency to hate tours that are currently going on (ex vertigo) and then like it after it has finished? This was my first show & tour for me so therefore i liked it a lot because i saw U2 close live!

But what's wrong with the tour then? I personally love it and i'm not lucky to see U2 during ZooTv or Joshua Tree like some of you are... compared to other tours, bono's voice is a little better but i guess my only concern is they aren't taking as many chances with the songs or letting the public "get used" to them. It would be a real shame to see them next year only to shorten the NLOTH songs to play more oldies... then i seriously might give up :( There seemed to be so much potential in the early clips we heard :(

And why are people so against SOA coming out? They already have a song named, and an album named with many many talks about it coming out soon from many sources... (it didn't seem like any other album has this much talk that never happened)...

Sorry for going off on a tangent. I just have so much high hopes for next year's 360 tour too. :/ What do you think about this tour then?

Bingo!!!

People bashed Vertigo like crazy, and now they are offering it up like the ideal tour...

Yup.

I personally love the way this tour has gone in 2009, and I'm ready for whatever they dish out in 2010. Do I have absolute confidence I will like the 2010 legs as much as I liked the 2009 legs? No, but dwelling in the past (be it July-October 2009 or 1976-2006) won't make things any better, so I'm excited to see what they do next year. The future needs a big kiss, dream out loud, and that sort of thing.

Maybe it's because I haven't been bothering to read some of the more contentious threads these days, but I've seen much more lavish praise for 360 than bashing.

Bingo!!!

People bashed Vertigo like crazy, and now they are offering it up like the ideal tour...

Yep.

It's just a going against the mainstream. Because the majority loves the current tour, the obnoxious loudmouths feel they have to shout out everywhere they hate it so much. :cute:
Now wait for next tour, they'll bitch about that tour and say how this one was so much better.

Vicious cycle.

Bingo!!!

There was a lot of criticism about the Vertigo tour, but at least from my point of view, there is more unsatisfied here now with the whole concept of the new tour than it is about its components, as was the case with Vertigo (bashing the Pride-Streets-One trilogy, inclusion of Elevation and so on).

Yep.

It's just a going against the mainstream. Because the majority loves the current tour, the obnoxious loudmouths feel they have to shout out everywhere they hate it so much. :cute:
Now wait for next tour, they'll bitch about that tour and say how this one was so much better.

Vicious cycle.

i must repeat this as well. i would go as far as saying that amongst the U2 fan base, 90% of them are generally happy with this tour, but the other 10% seem to enjoy speaking as loud as they can about their disappointments and try to prove the 90% wrong.

misery loves company.

Back
Top Bottom