2011 tour rumours/discussion/timothius memorial thread, part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not Moncton that is the draw, really, it's fairly small. They're going to get the Fredericton, Halifax, Charlottetown (and the rest of those cities' provinces) markets and likely alot from the Gaspe part of Quebec and Maine. This show will sell out easily, other concerts there have been very successful!

according to wikipedia, the Rolling Stones concert drew 85000 to Magnetic Hill in 2005. Here is a shot from an Eagles concert, taken from wikipedia:

800px-Eagles55000Moncton.jpg

It has been a venue for many great concerts! Don't worry, there will not be any igloos because it is in the summer!:sexywink:

:bump:

@U2 brings up rumors that there might be one more North American date after all.

Rumors: U2 to Add Show in Moncton, NB Canada

Taking this with a grain of salt, as always. This might have lots of people going to see the Pittsburgh show upset, if all comes true of course.

I've noticed the same negativity in other two U2 related websites:
U2 360 Tour News Article from U2tours.com
U2 Home Page: @U2 - U2 News, U2 Lyrics, U2 Photos and more!

Pretty selfish thinking in my opinion. So U2 should close out the 360 tour in Pittsburgh just because you'll be able to attend the very last, the very special U2 show?? And then you'll be able to say Wow I attended the very last U2360 show, bla, bla.

So forget about the other 85.000 people attending the supposedly newly announced last concert? :|

Get over it people. Just be glad you'll see them in Pittsburgh at all. Some people I can't ever understand.

markoajda said:
I've noticed the same negativity in other two U2 related websites:
U2 360 Tour News Article from U2tours.com
U2 Home Page: @U2 - U2 News, U2 Lyrics, U2 Photos and more!

Pretty selfish thinking in my opinion...

I agree generally with your point, but if I were travelling a fair distance to Pittsburgh specifically because it was formally announced as the final show in NA, I'd be pretty annoyed now about this Moncton rumor.

The two "final" shows I've seen (Portland in '05 and Honolulu in '06), were very average performances, imho. If this rumor is true, then I'll be glad to see NB get a gig and I hope U2 do something special for the loyal fans up there.

Would this be the 3rd largest venue for the band in North America 360 after Rose Bowl and Mexico if they sell the full 85,000? Also a Canadian single show record for the band, possibly Canadian record for single show.

They did 84k one fo the nights at Giants.

I agree generally with your point, but if I were travelling a fair distance to Pittsburgh specifically because it was formally announced as the final show in NA, I'd be pretty annoyed now about this Moncton rumor.

The two "final" shows I've seen (Portland in '05 and Honolulu in '06), were very average performances, imho. If this rumor is true, then I'll be glad to see NB get a gig and I hope U2 do something special for the loyal fans up there.

I guess the Pittsburgh people will kind of feel like the Minneapolis people did! :shrug:

seems they like the whole festival vibe....i think it is cool they like to play at a venue such as this, the stage could be constructed precisely in the middle of the field. it would be a first for the 360 tour.

So U2 should close out the 360 tour in Pittsburgh just because you'll be able to attend the very last, the very special U2 show?? And then you'll be able to say Wow I attended the very last U2360 show, bla, bla.

I am totally over it. And very happy for Moncton and for Canada....since I am Canadian.

I just don't like it when U2CORP goes back on their word. That's all. I bought Pittsburgh tickets specifically because it was the last show. Just so happens the tickets were bought BEFORE I FOUND OUT MY WIFE IS PREGNANT! :applaud:

Shhhh to anyone who I'm friends with on facebook as I haven't told anyone yet. So keep it quiet.

Anyway. My wife said to me.....You should go since it will be the final date.....and that honestly was a pull for me. But since it is in Moncton, and wife situation, and money situation....and Pittsburgh was a stretch for me anyway. I will probably drop that show and just make NJ the last.

So I'm not bitter. Plans always change with venues and stuff. I get it. I just wish I made better plans I guess...and that U2 wasn't changing the fine print.

I bought Pittsburgh tickets specifically because it was the last show. Just so happens the tickets were bought BEFORE I FOUND OUT MY WIFE IS PREGNANT! :applaud:

Congratulations!

I guess Pittsburgh did well out of this. It probably doesn't top many lists of vacation hotspots!

It seems they just can't stop themselves from adding more dates (hopefully on the way back to Ireland for more shows there :pray: )

Just wait now for the announcement of:
  • Anchorage - first & final show of the Ultra-North American leg of the 360 Tour
  • Austin - final Republic of Texas show
  • Miami (revisited) - for the Cuban leg of the 360 tour

Wow ! That is very special , I can't help but congratulating you too :cute:

BEFORE I FOUND OUT MY WIFE IS PREGNANT! :applaud:

Shhhh to anyone who I'm friends with on facebook as I haven't told anyone yet. So keep it quiet.

Anyway. My wife said to me.....You should go since it will be the final date.....

1. Um. So much for keeping it quiet! :lol:

2. She said that? Dude. You should come, then! It won't cost alot, we can stay at my dad's if we want! :up:

:wink:

I think the Moncton rumors could be true.

I mean- the Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and St. Louis rumors turned out to be correct.:shrug:

And the Nashville one too.

I honestly don't mind them keep on adding dates - especially places they haven't visited in a long time, or never. But looks like Atlantic Canada may finally get a U2 show :)

1. Um. So much for keeping it quiet! :lol:

2. She said that? Dude. You should come, then! It won't cost alot, we can stay at my dad's if we want! :up:

:wink:

She was referring to the Pittsburgh date. But really? I will have 9 shows on the tour excluding Pittsburgh. Priorities say....save the money and buy a crib and drop Pittsburgh and even Moncton for that matter.

As for keeping it quiet. You are supposed to wait until the 1st trimester. I know.....but my wife only knows you and Blurmgirl on the blue crack. So there is no way for her to know I'm blabbing my mouth :D

Anywhoo. Thanks for the congrats everyone. You spend half your life trying NOT to get a girl pregnant, you start to believe that maybe the boys don't swim.

Let's get back to the thread.

You spend half your life trying NOT to get a girl pregnant, you start to believe that maybe the boys don't swim.

Greatest quote ever, so true! My wife just recently found out she's pregnant too. We're still going to the East Lansing show we bought tickets for in late 2009, when having children was not anywhere near our current priorities. But she'll be about 6 months pregnant when we go to the show. Luckily I got seats, so now it's a question of how uncomfortable are the seats going to be?

The waiting game continues...

RT @u2wanderer: "sources connected to U2 have confirmed to CBC News that the band will perform in Moncton."

Other tweets have stated that there will be a press conference on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom