2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know how to begin planning a new Gilette strategy :huh:. I wish the T would run the train to concerts like they do for Pats games, it's the only time I would use the ridiculously slow commuter rail.

Last year, we drove up from the south, via 495. Parked on the LEFT hand side of the road in a rental car lot ($40, same as everywhere else), so it was a right hand turn out after the show. Back on 495 within a half hour.

I might have missed something. Are there actually rumors of Boston/Foxboro, or are people just speculating?

I thought I'd read news reports or seen links for all the other rumors, but not for this city.

from @BusSession's twitter account:

Nos próximos dias devem surgir novas informações internas confirmando as datas e valores de ingressos para #U2noBrasil.

It says that in the next few days ther should come up new info on the dates and prices for U2 in Brasil (hence, Southamerica)

I might have missed something. Are there actually rumors of Boston/Foxboro, or are people just speculating?

I thought I'd read news reports or seen links for all the other rumors, but not for this city.

It's a tasty mix of baseless speculation and wishful thinking. :corn:

And it will continue until they schedule ANY city during the week-long gap between the Philly and NJ dates. :waiting:

I know I've hit rock bottom when I have hotels booked before a show is even announced (i.e. Pittsburgh, Nashville and Boston).

Rose, I could get you a presale ticket if needed. I got a free presale code and am renewing as soon as the announcement happens. :)

Thanks. For now I think I'm good. I'm going to get RZ for Nashville and if they do announce Foxboro then I'll probably try for a Ga in the general sale.

Some would argue you are at the pinnacle.

:wink:

:lol: Yeah, always one step ahead of u2.com.

Last year, we drove up from the south, via 495. Parked on the LEFT hand side of the road in a rental car lot ($40, same as everywhere else), so it was a right hand turn out after the show. Back on 495 within a half hour.

I did the same thing, parked out by the Gold's Gym on Rt 1/Lincoln Rd (plus I know someone who has a business up there that lets me park for free :up:). You are far enough away from the stadium that the foot traffic blocking your acess to RT 1 is minimal and you're off to 495 pretty quicly. I actually got home to Maine the same time my buddy got home in Beverly, MA.

I did the same thing, parked out by the Gold's Gym on Rt 1/Lincoln Rd (plus I know someone who has a business up there that lets me park for free :up:). You are far enough away from the stadium that the foot traffic blocking your acess to RT 1 is minimal and you're off to 495 pretty quicly. I actually got home to Maine the same time my buddy got home in Beverly, MA.

I think I was home to Cape Cod before some folks left the Gillette stadium lots.

** DO NOT PARK IN THE GILLETTE STADIUM LOTS **

I know I've hit rock bottom when I have hotels booked before a show is even announced (i.e. Pittsburgh, Nashville and Boston).

I think it makes you smart! I may or may not have booked Winnipeg the morning it was leaked, before any confirmation!:shifty:

I still have nightmares thinking of that parking lot, street experience.[/QUOTE

Me too!!! In fact I looked like this :crack: as I drove home 4 hours the next day thinking about my experience at the parking lot. If I could, I would just pitch a tent and spend the night...:|

Wow all this talk about parking at Gillette is making the Rose Bowl parking situation look great. At least we had bacon wrapped hotdogs to keep us company.

:lol: Rose Bowl parking was a walk in the park. The Gillette situation was like something from another planet. Ever since that experience no other parking situation (including the Rose Bowl) even phases me.

If U2 plays Foxboro again, take the shuttle from Waxy O'Connors. It's $20 or so R/T - they drop you off a 5 min walk away from the stadium and its easy in and out.

Great bar as well. The owners are friends with the band, Edge even stopped in for breakfast before Boston 2.

Okay, I'm confused. Why was there such a terrible sounding parking problem at Gillette? Aren't they used to dealing with similar-sized crowds every fall for Patriots games?

I have no idea. I think they have Mass Transit running for Patriot's games that wasn't running for these shows. I'm not sure what they do with that street that runs in front of the stadium for the games, but what they did for the concerts was probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

The first night I happened to be able to go in the right direction when I left the stadium and then it only took me 2 1/2 hours to get to the hotel which was about 10 minutes away. The second night I was forced out an exit going in the opposite direction from where I had to go, with no ability to turn into any side streets or turn around so it took me 3 1/2 hours to get to a highway which I was able to take to turn around and go back towards the hotel which was 10 minutes from the stadium. u2florida was with me, she had some apricot trail mix with her. :crack:

Its sold out on Saturday only, but not Friday or Sunday night

FWIW - there is no availability at the that hotel for Saturday night only +/- 3 weeks of July 17th

Interesting. She tried 16th through 17th, not single nights, so that could explain why it came back as unavailable.

My friend was just able to pull up a room for $299 on 7/17. :shrug:

We're so cute, getting all excited. :cute: :lol:

Oh yeah, that's a jacked up rate. We stayed there over the summer for $179 a night.

Okay, I'm confused. Why was there such a terrible sounding parking problem at Gillette? Aren't they used to dealing with similar-sized crowds every fall for Patriots games?

Patriots games are clusterfcuks as well

Very true, but Gillette 1 was the worst I've ever experienced.

Are there any rumours for shows to fill the ten day gap between Oakland on 07th June and Anaheim on 17th June?

There's almost a perfect rhythm of three days between shows for most of the North American leg, assuming Baltimore, Glastonbury and Foxboro finally get announced. With that ten day gap there's space for two more shows!

Actually they could also sneak a show in on 18th May, between Mexico and Denver. Where's halfway between those two? Somewhere in Texas? Let's start a rumour!

Patriot games are a mess too, however, there is a train on game days and they only have to deal with a full stadium. With U2 they have no train and have a full stadium PLUS the GA field as far as head count goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom