2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the one show per week announcement schedule is continuing for 2011 North American dates. It's been 3 straight weeks now with one show announced per week. (If you count the 2 Mexico City shows, it pretty much been 5 straight weeks.)

So the question is: what will next week's show be?

well, it's supposed to be the Southamerican dates next week

WHY are they announcing all shows except for the ones I'm actually looking to go to... :sad: (that would be Baltimore, and South America) :|

Please has anyone some some more news about Ireland/UK shows next year? Any suggested dates yet?

I'd be happy with either a Dublin or Boston announcement. I've actually booked the hotel in Patriot Place for the weekend of the 15th just in case. :huh:

I'd be happy with either a Dublin or Boston announcement. I've actually booked the hotel in Patriot Place for the weekend of the 15th just in case. :huh:

I only live 15 minutes from Gillette, but the traffic was horrendus. If there is a show, I might just book there for the night of the concert along with 3 other people to keep costs down. Would be totally worth it to not have to be in traffic for 3 hours. :crack:

Tell me about it. I was staying at the Residence Inn that was about 15 minutes from the stadium and it took me about 3 hours each night to get back to the hotel. It was like something I've never seen. Whoever thought of making that street in front of the stadium one way in either direction was the biggest idiot ever.

Last edited:
u2com u2com
#Nashville added to 2011 North American dates. Special guests Florence and the Machine. U2 > News > U2 360° Heading to Nashville
1 minute ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

:)

I suppose it's still too much to ask that they announce a show more than 24 hours prior to the the start of the presale?

I only live 15 minutes from Gillette, but the traffic was horrendus. If there is a show, I might just book there for the night of the concert along with 3 other people to keep costs down. Would be totally worth it to not have to be in traffic for 3 hours. :crack:

I live about the same distance from Gillette, and I did the same thing for the second show last year. People thought I was crazy, but after the traffic on the first night, they wished they had the same idea.

Very good idea. I was hoping to do the same for Dublin but can't find any suggested dates yet. I've transferred money to the credit card in ticket buying readiness!

I haven't been on this thread for a while...are rumors circulating for a date on that weekend in Boston? It would be very tempting to go. I could think of a few people who would go...

As for the traffic...it was pretty horrendous last year at Gillette. We were in the parking lot for two hours before we could move out onto the road...:huh:

What pisses me off about Dublin is that I'm saving a presale code for it and it might end up going unused if these rumours are totally wrong.

Looks like the one show per week announcement schedule is continuing for 2011 North American dates. It's been 3 straight weeks now with one show announced per week. (If you count the 2 Mexico City shows, it pretty much been 5 straight weeks.)

So the question is: what will next week's show be?

I know the rumours reckon South America, but I won't be shocked if it's just Baltimore. I do, however, think we will finally get a South American announcement sometime in November. If we don't, I'd start to think the tour has fallen through - or they're going to pull a McCartney and announce the tour just a month or so beforehand.

Please has anyone some some more news about Ireland/UK shows next year? Any suggested dates yet?

As cori said, October is the only specific timeframe rumour, and it is only with reference to Dublin (which, the rumours suggest, will be the end of the tour). Judging by the 2009 schedule and the original 2010 schedule, they need to allow about 2.5 weeks to get the staging transported from North America to Europe, so it's safe to say any possible European leg cannot begin earlier than mid-August 2011.

If that rumour of 10 shows total is true or close to true, we may perhaps be looking at a European leg spread out from late August to early October. A city each weekend or something.

I haven't been on this thread for a while...are rumors circulating for a date on that weekend in Boston? It would be very tempting to go. I could think of a few people who would go...

Basically, the only spot in the schedule where Boston could logically be slotted in is the gap between Philadelphia on 14 July and New York on 20 July. There are some other gaps in the itinerary large enough for extra shows to be added, but at those times, the band are on the other side of the US (e.g. there's a gap between Oakland and Anaheim from 7 to 17 June). It would be quite difficult or even impossible to schedule a Boston show in those gaps. So that's why everybody is honing in on that period in mid-July; the 16th or 17th are the most probable dates.

With reference to the rumoured UK dates next year, interestingly Take That have announced a UK summer stadium tour and are playing City Of Manchester Stadium. So obviously the Sheikhs have had a u-turn on their policy of no concerts there. Other grounds include Sunderland and more importantly Villa Park. Come on U2 the midlands does exist, come to mecca!

Still got the problem of dates probably being too near/during the prem season though.

Basically, the only spot in the schedule where Boston could logically be slotted in is the gap between Philadelphia on 14 July and New York on 20 July. There are some other gaps in the itinerary large enough for extra shows to be added, but at those times, the band are on the other side of the US (e.g. there's a gap between Oakland and Anaheim from 7 to 17 June). It would be quite difficult or even impossible to schedule a Boston show in those gaps. So that's why everybody is honing in on that period in mid-July; the 16th or 17th are the most probable dates.

My friend just told me that the Renaissance at Patriot Place is sold out on July 16th and 17th, so something's going on. Either that, or the hotel blocked off rooms so they can jack up the prices like they did last year. :censored:

My friend just told me that the Renaissance at Patriot Place is sold out on July 16th and 17th, so something's going on. Either that, or the hotel blocked off rooms so they can jack up the prices like they did last year. :censored:

Its sold out on Saturday only, but not Friday or Sunday night

FWIW - there is no availability at the that hotel for Saturday night only +/- 3 weeks of July 17th

Last year, my friend and I employed a rather smart strategy-

We parked in someone's backyard (charged us only $40). After the show, we drove into the center of Foxboro, and went up I-95. We then cut into the northbound traffic on Route 1 in Norwood.

Maybe this same strategy will work next year.:hmm: I don't think I'll be able to shell out loads of $$$$ to stay at Patriot's Place.

I don't even know how to begin planning a new Gilette strategy :huh:. I wish the T would run the train to concerts like they do for Pats games, it's the only time I would use the ridiculously slow commuter rail.

So the Renaissance isn't allowing reservations for July 17th? Methinks the bastards are going to hike up the rates for a big concert that night. :pray:

What pisses me off about Dublin is that I'm saving a presale code for it and it might end up going unused if these rumours are totally wrong.
Same for me but for amsterdam holland.

I still think they will also get back to Holland next year, i can't imagine them wasting another oppertunity to get some complete sellouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom