2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic, but Paul McCartney has some 10 day gap between Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo. Wouldn't be surprised if Chile has a date at the last minute because they're putting tickets on sale 3 weeks before showday.

he's supposed to go bak to the UK then comeback to play in Brasil

yes, it's stupid, but what are we going to do?

Congrats Johannesburg, Cape Town & Winnipeg!!! :up:

Now if we could only get a Dublin announcement. :pray: I would consider giving up my Anaheim tickets & I would forsake the chance to attend any other show in North American (except Raleigh or Charlotte :der: - but those aren't going to happen :sad: ) for the chance to go see them in Dublin next summer.

Don't they understand??? :panic: We need U2 info like zombies need brains! :drool: :lol:

ousier.jpg

U2.com really needs to hurry up and announce that Winnipeg gig ...! Who's surprised that they're last with the news?

They're always last when it comes to announcing tour dates.

I'm impressed that they actually managed to announce the South African shows yesterday, rather than next week! But clearly Winnipeg is all too much for them.

Per wikipedia, 45,000 with temp seats added. I would think another 5-10k on the field and it could be as much 55k.

As a comparison, U2 played Don Valley Stadium in Sheffield in 2009, and for sporting events it has a capacity of 25,000. However, U2's attendance was above 50,000.

Per wikipedia, 45,000 with temp seats added. I would think another 5-10k on the field and it could be as much 55k.

30 000 permanent seats. Up to 10 000 on the field. The temporary seats they are referring to are on the field, but it would be extremely hard...almost impossible, to do with the claw. One end is totally open (behind the claw), so they could put temporary seats there perhaps, but I have never seen it done. The 30 000 permanent seats is from their website. The concert I attended there in the summer had 40 000.

Is Winnipeg the smallest stadium for 2011? (so far)

30,000 seats

30 000 permanent seats. Up to 10 000 on the field. The temporary seats they are referring to are on the field, but it would be extremely hard...almost impossible, to do with the claw. One end is totally open (behind the claw), so they could put temporary seats there perhaps, but I have never seen it done. The 30 000 permanent seats is from their website. The concert I attended there in the summer had 40 000.

In other words, intimate. :up::up::up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom