2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the only thing that can explain (at least for me) the delay on the southamerican announcement is that Paul McCartney is playing here in November, and the tickets are beign sold RIGHT NOW

he's playing in Argentina and Brasil, not in Chile because he wanted to play here on November 7th, and that day is the "classic" of the chilean footbal-soccer league in the National Atadium (Estadio Nacional), and the Football Asociation here didn't want to change the fixture... so we got screwed.

so, sure, U2 can announce they come to Chile and the ticket will sell, but they WILL announce the 3 countries at once, they just have to wait a little longer because of Macca

but that's what I think

I don't think the Paul Mc Cartney gigs are the main reason behind the delay to announce the South American dates: I believe it has to do with the fact that T4F has not been able to secure a proper venue in BA (River Plate Stadium) and as they want to release all dates at the same time, they just keep pushng back the announcement.

PS: I still can't believe the prices for the VIP packages for the Paul Mc Cartney gigs. US$ 1600 for a 2 and 1/2 hour gig? That's ridiculous! I really hope tickets for the U2 gigs are not the same or I'm screwed. :huh:

Macca's gigs always cost a bazillion dollars no matter where he plays, don't they? Probably safe to say U2 tickets won't be that extortionate.

I don't think the Paul Mc Cartney gigs are the main reason behind the delay to announce the South American dates: I believe it has to do with the fact that T4F has not been able to secure a proper venue in BA (River Plate Stadium) and as they want to release all dates at the same time, they just keep pushng back the announcement.

PS: I still can't believe the prices for the VIP packages for the Paul Mc Cartney gigs. US$ 1600 for a 2 and 1/2 hour gig? That's ridiculous! I really hope tickets for the U2 gigs are not the same or I'm screwed. :huh:

Of course U2 isn't going to charge that much, especially in Latin America.

Macca's gigs always cost a bazillion dollars no matter where he plays, don't they? Probably safe to say U2 tickets won't be that extortionate.

Everywhere, sadly. It's kinda worth it though, having a 67 year old Beatle playing for almost 3 hours, but I rather pay $100 for U2 (like I did for Miami next year), even if it's in the nosebleeds. :wink:

Here's an article I just tossed together on the Winnipeg leak: U2 to visit Winnipeg in 2011? - U2gigs.com

Fun fact: if this is announced, it will be the 8th announced Canadian show for the 360 Tour. 360 is currently tied with Popmart for the most stadium shows in Canada on a single tour, i.e. seven. The most shows in Canada on a single tour, irrespective of venue type, is nine - on both Elevation and Vertigo, all arena dates.

However, we can ADD Winnipeg to the rumours list. 29 May 2011. It's included in the tour itinerary (which is otherwise correct) in the official press package released by Big Concerts, the promoters in South Africa.

drip, drip, drip...... If its gonna happen just release the date and stop fecking about:angry:

it strikes me as the radio and last.fm are reporting the rumours as fact. probably not far off the mark, but a bit presumptuous.

I would have thought so too, if they didn't have a link to post and asking people to rsvp....

It also lists the opening act as the Fray!

ETA: I will hold off my enthusiam until it is comfirmed....

Oh ok....I was just trying to see if that was possible.....I wasn't sure!

Winnipeg

92 CITI FM - Winnipeg's Classic Rock Radio Station - Rock News - 92 CITI FM

October 18th, 2010 by Frank Andrews
WE DID PROMISE YOU A “MAJOR CONCERT ANNOUNCEMENT” TODAY AFTER ALL!!

U2 IS CONFIRMED FOR CANAD-INN’S STADIUM MAY 29, 2011!

OPENING ACT WILL BE “THE FRAY”!

TICKETS ON SALE MONDAY @TICKETMASTER OCTOBER 25 FOR $30 $55 $95 AND $250 (PLUS APPLICABLE TAXES/SERVICE FEES)!

IF YOU’RE AN ALL ACCESS VIP, YOU CAN WIN YOUR TICKETS VIA 92 CITI FM’S “ROCK RIFF” @8:20A 1:20P 3:20P 9:20P. TOM & JOE WILL ANNOUNCE A DAILY WINNER ON THE FOLLOWING DAY FROM ALL ENTRIES RECEIVED! DETAILS IN THE VIP SECTION OF THIS WEBSITE

And the tour keeps on growing. :up: :hyper:

Johannesburg / Cape Town + (highly-rumoured?) Winnipeg on the same day. Insane stuff.

92 CITI FM - Winnipeg's Classic Rock Radio Station - Rock News - 92 CITI FM

October 18th, 2010 by Frank Andrews
WE DID PROMISE YOU A “MAJOR CONCERT ANNOUNCEMENT” TODAY AFTER ALL!!

U2 IS CONFIRMED FOR CANAD-INN’S STADIUM MAY 29, 2011!

OPENING ACT WILL BE “THE FRAY”!

TICKETS ON SALE MONDAY @TICKETMASTER OCTOBER 25 FOR $30 $55 $95 AND $250 (PLUS APPLICABLE TAXES/SERVICE FEES)!

IF YOU’RE AN ALL ACCESS VIP, YOU CAN WIN YOUR TICKETS VIA 92 CITI FM’S “ROCK RIFF” @8:20A 1:20P 3:20P 9:20P. TOM & JOE WILL ANNOUNCE A DAILY WINNER ON THE FOLLOWING DAY FROM ALL ENTRIES RECEIVED! DETAILS IN THE VIP SECTION OF THIS WEBSITE

That was quick! :lmao:

Holy sh*t! I didn't expect this concert, but I am so there!!!!! :dancing::yippie::loveshower::happydance:

Shows within driving distance, FTW!!!!!!

I am not going to be able to focus at work! This show hit me out of the blue! Thanks Kramwest...:D

Oy vey! FINALLY. A u2 concert in my city. No plane tickets, hostels, and sneaking into businesses to use the bathroom! :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom