2010 Leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im so confused, i am not a paid U2.com member, so i can't see the board. what does it say?

Wonder if Live Nations current troubles with Madonna ticket sales struggling in markets already visited (UK, France, Spain, Germany) will have an impact on their strategy for the 2010 leg of the U2 tour - especially if the recession bites in like we all fear. Obviously U2 are alot cheaper - if you disregard their top price - but will they sell well again for another leg on the tour?

put me in the camp that says this list is bunk....no way they wont go back to Chicago, NYC and Boston

Someone posted that list on the U2.COM forum, I basically said take it with a grain of salt.....it's all rumours until you see the shows on ticketmaster, and I can't see them skipping NY.

If you read the quote, (from the zootopia thread "2010 US Tour") ...and I quote "Here is a list of cities that U2 will visit in 2010 as per a very reliable source at Live Nation"

...like I said, it's all rumours here.......which is what the name of this thread is, right?

I don't think it's too far off. It's reminding me of Popmart - but last time I went to Eugene, OR we drove down and back in one night (~10 hours RT from SEA) and I tell you I will not be doing that this time!

Going to start saving FF miles for S. America now :heart:

Wow...If they played Detroit, Pittsburgh, B-Lo and Columbus...That would be 4 shows within easy driving distance of Cleveland.....I'm gassin up the car now!

What about dates? I think someone speculated North America in June/July; was that complete speculation, or have people heard reliable reports?

Exhibit B: Baltimore? It's not impossible, but the DC area date is in Landover, MD, which is only about 30 miles away from Baltimore.
Number C: Kansas City but not St. Louis?

It looks like whoever came up with this list is going by the Elevation Tour venues. U2 played in Baltimore arena on October 19, 2001 (3rd leg, they didn't play in DC). Then they played in Kansas City as well on the 3rd leg. But two days after (or before) they played St. Louis.

I call shenanigans on this list (though I hope the Eugene and C-Bus dates are true :hyper: ).

Exhibit A: No Minn/St. Paul date
Exhibit B: Baltimore? It's not impossible, but the DC area date is in Landover, MD, which is only about 30 miles away from Baltimore.
Number C: Kansas City but not St. Louis?

I'd say Des Moines and Columbia sound fishy, but then again they are playing Norman and Charlottesville so they could be true. Did the Popmart date in Columbia sell well?

Number C is a good point - Having seen them BOTH times they've played Kansas City in the past 11 years.... I would say that U2 playing at Arrowhead stadium is a bad idea. The Kemper Arena show wasn't full in 2001, and the PopMart show was half empty in 1997.

And having seen them in St Louis on all three of the past tours, there is clearly a LOT more love for Bono & The Boys there than there is in KC.

They'll play St Louis before they play KC again. No doubt in my mind.

It looks like whoever came up with this list is going by the Elevation Tour venues. U2 played in Baltimore arena on October 19, 2001 (3rd leg, they didn't play in DC). Then they played in Kansas City as well on the 3rd leg. But two days after (or before) they played St. Louis.

THey played St Louis the day after KC on Elevation.
Note: Getting in your car in KC right after the show and driving to St Louis to wait all day in the sleet to get inside the heart.... bad idea.

Some ideas read better on paper.

i for sure believe these cities are probably correct. all indications (and talk from crew) is that there will be an arena tour next year. and they can't sell out stadiums in some of those markets so it makes sense.

i hope they do dublin again...i can't go this time.

Well if they were playing Buffalo it would be at either HSBC Arena (18,690 capacity) or Ralph Wilson Stadium (about 80,000). I doubt they could sell out the Ralph and I doubt they'll start playing arenas after planning the tour around a stadium setup. Rumor fail. :doh:

If they can sell out Toronto, they can sell out Buffalo.

i for sure believe these cities are probably correct. all indications (and talk from crew) is that there will be an arena tour next year. and they can't sell out stadiums in some of those markets so it makes sense.

i hope they do dublin again...i can't go this time.

Arenas?!??!?! WTF??? That would be a shame based on the huge stage setup being scrapped....for arena shows, why would they waste the summer in North America in stadiums??? That's like trading a new mercedes-benz for a chevy astro-van!!!! Booooooooooo :sad::sad::sad::sad:

Ill be happy if Edmonton is confirmed that will be excellent....been waiting very long for them to come back.

....for arena shows, why would they waste the summer in North America in stadiums???

I agree. I don't think they'll do a lot of arenas in 2010. For sure not in S. America and Eugene, OR would be a stadium (college, but still a stadium).

If the Qwest Field in Seattle rumor is true, that's a stadium. In fact, our arenas and domed stadiums suck anyway, so if they wanted to be indoors, they could have booked it this leg; Key Arena is wide open with no more hockey and no more basketball...and they've played the Tacoma Dome before, so it seems likely they're coming back for good outdoor weather. And that means STADIUM :applaud:

Arenas?!??!?! WTF??? That would be a shame based on the huge stage setup being scrapped....for arena shows, why would they waste the summer in North America in stadiums??? That's like trading a new mercedes-benz for a chevy astro-van!!!! Booooooooooo :sad::sad::sad::sad:

It'll be stadiums. I don't know where these "indications" of an arena tour are, because I sure haven't seen any. All information I have says the tour is exclusively stadiums.

If they're going to San Antonio, it would almost certainly be in an arena, with some other stage design... the only stadium of note there is the Alamodome... and there's no way they could stuff the claw into that.

Regardless, I really doubt this rumor is true. It is the U2360 Tour... the tour itself is pretty dependent on the stage design. U2 arena concerts are, by their definition of "360", always "360" anyway, so, in the end, it would either be the Redundant U2 Tour of Repetitive Redundancy, or something like calling the Vertigo Tour the Dangling Light Curtain Tour, even in stadiums that didn't have dangling light curtains.

those 2010 cities are hard to swallow. next thing you know, they'll be telling us they're playing charlottesville,VA and norman, OK

It's an interesting list, but I saw U2 in Eugene, Oregon, in 97 and neighbors' complaints about the volume of the music caused the venue to end live concerts.

I can't see them lifting the ban for the very same group that caused it in the first place.

But I'd love it if they would.

Well, in past tours they would perform in arenas as warm ups to eventual stadium shows.
I don't see why they would go in reverse by spending all the time and energy into developing the stadium set....only to go to playing arenas. Doesn't make much sense.
Only way I see this happening is if they only play a select few shows in arenas, but with emphasis remaining on the stadium shows. :hmm:

Danish news channel TV2 has an interview with Bono - he said they will play Copenhagen in 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom