2010 Leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bono said to fans in Berlin that they won't play the same cities next year but instead cities they haven't played this year. Makes sense, still I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Is there any chance they might do a show in Turkey? I mean, to say Greece is one thing since they've only ever played at Thessaloniki once, but would there be Turkish interest?

Just wondering, since I might be going to Turkey sometime within the close-ish future. And you guys will certainly be able to answer my question one hundred percent with mega truth!

Bono said to fans in Berlin that they won't play the same cities next year but instead cities they haven't played this year. Makes sense, still I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Hmmmm, makes some sense. But I can't see them not playing Dublin again, or NYC. Maybe he ment they won't play all the same cities. We'll find out.

My prediction for Leg 3 and Leg 4:

Europe

Helsinki
Copenhaguen x2
Rotterdam x2
Brussels
Hamburg or Frankfurt
Munich
Moscow
Athens
Rome x2
Madrid
Sevilla
Lisbon x2
Zurich
Vienna x2
Manchester
Edinburgh
London
Dublin (AVIVA Stadium) x3 or x4

US and Canada

Montreal
Edmonton x2
Oakland x2
Salt Lake City
San Antonio
New Orleans
Miami
Denver
East Rutherford (new stadium) x2
Philadelphia x2
Hartford x2
Indianapolis
Detroit
Madison
St Louis or Kansas City

Vox

My prediction for Leg 3 and Leg 4:

Europe

Helsinki
Copenhaguen x2
Rotterdam x2
Brussels
Hamburg or Frankfurt
Munich
Moscow
Athens
Rome x2
Madrid
Sevilla
Lisbon x2
Zurich
Vienna x2
Manchester
Edinburgh
London
Dublin (AVIVA Stadium) x3 or x4

US and Canada

Montreal
Edmonton x2
Oakland x2
Salt Lake City
San Antonio
New Orleans
Miami
Denver
East Rutherford (new stadium) x2
Philadelphia x2
Hartford x2
Indianapolis
Detroit
Madison
St Louis or Kansas City

Vox

I think Cleveland would come in ahead of Detroit. Cleveland is midway between Pittsburgh and Detroit and both are close enough to Cleveland to draw fans from both cities (both cities are within about 2 hours drive of Cleve.).

Yes, please come back to the UK and play in Manchester as I didn't really fancy trekking to Sheffield or Cardiff to see the guys. I can't really afford the travel costs or staying in a hotel. Ah who am I kidding, when was the last time U2 came back and toured Europe again? :/

I would really love an Austin/San Antonio area show to avoid having to repeat overnight travel (which included a flight out-of-state this time to avoid school... my parents decided they wanted to spend money on my travel instead of having me miss school) next year. The only possible venues in the area are Royal Memorial Stadium in Austin (probably too big and of too old-school of a design) and the Alamodome in San Antonio (possibly not tall enough), though.

I think Cleveland would come in ahead of Detroit. Cleveland is midway between Pittsburgh and Detroit and both are close enough to Cleveland to draw fans from both cities (both cities are within about 2 hours drive of Cleve.).

I think they will instead do Detroit and Pittsburgh and leave out Cleveland, and put a show in Cincinnati to draw fans from Ohio, KY and Indiana.

There will be at least ONE Ohio city on the list, trust me!

I don't think the kuip in Rotterdam is still viable/available for concerts Vox2

It is, but since it nearly cracked at a Marco Borsato gig I doubt they'll put U2 in there!

My bet is they return to the Arena, which I wouldn't mind cause it's closest to me. :D

I wonder if they're going to play more eastern European cities next year, they've never been in Belarus, Latvia, that kinda stuff. Ukrain? And what about Africa? :hmm: Perhaps Egypt?

It is, but since it nearly cracked at a Marco Borsato gig I doubt they'll put U2 in there!
:laugh:

I still don't think they will come to Amsterdam 2 years in a row...(I still pray for it , because it would be more than fucking awesome) Belgium is going to be visited for sure in my opinion.
And africa would be really cool, Egypt has some nice spots.
And from other bands, heard that the crowds are great there, lots of rock and roll people. Definably a big chance they try and go there.:hmm:

They should play in Sarajevo next year.

Definitely. That would be spectacular. I'm actually really surprised that the band didn't do this again. Hopefully the Zagreb show will retain some of that energy. :drool:

Definitely. That would be spectacular. I'm actually really surprised that the band didn't do this again. Hopefully the Zagreb show will retain some of that energy. :drool:

Right, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up pulling out Miss Sarajevo in Zagreb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom