Weigh in - here---------->

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LemonMelon said:

Start listening to all of these playlists on the treadmill or something. Jeez...:wink:

Well, I am 6'2", but I have listened to two of them while walking/jogging. I listened to most of DaveC's on a single walking venture.

I am, thanks :) i lost another pound lastnight actually so another and half and i'll be 9 stone, something instead of 10 :yippie:

I haven't been able to say that for about 20 years!!!:rockon:

May 16th: Diet begins at 247.
Today, May 26th: I weigh 230.

10 days, 17 lbs.

Wow! Hope you're staying healthy tourist. Congrats, though.
I haven't lost weight but I'm totally gettin' muskles! My son said "Mama, what's that hill on your arm?" (my bicep!!!) (he's 4, BTW)
I started training for a triathlon this week. :yawn:

I am being quite healthy. Taking in about 1000 calories a day, mostly vegetables and a little dairy, protein, and grains. I'm walking over an hour daily (I would jog more but I've been getting shin splints from jogging). I'm lifting weights every other day, and working on my stomach for about 45 minutes a day. I'm up to 22 lbs lost in 15 days.

^ Good job. If you stretch your calves before and after, you're less likely to get shin splints - I got them when I started running too.

Don't know what I weigh but I just slid into a pair of size 8 jeans!!!

Been little lazier this week so far--haven't lost anything. I'm still at 218. Then again, excusable since it's finals week. :huh:

Still at 218, but finals are over--I'm taking summer and fall off of school. So I wanna lose 33 more lbs in the next 15 weeks. Kind of a lofty goal, but doable.

Good work Tourist! I'm afraid I won't make my July 1 goal unless I do something drastic! It's my last weightloss goal and I sooooo want to make it but day-um it's hard. Especially since my body has actually gotten used to the 45 min - 1 hour of cardio I do a day.

I bet my body will get used to it, too, soon. I've been walking/jogging between 1-2 hours per day.

Okay, I'm putting this in writing but in a place where probably only Tourist and maybe diamond will see it :reject:

I've got two weeks to lose 10 pounds. No rice, bread, pasta. No candy. No chips. One drink a night. 1 hour of HARD cardio a day, none of this half-assed stuff.

:wave: diamond. I'm in Tucson. We should hook up on the next tour!

Tourist-

Great job.

What do you attribute your success in lb dropage to?

<>

How did I do it? Or why did I do it?

How I did it: Eating more vegetables. Eating less meat. Eating no meals--4-6 snacks per day instead. Eating slower (so as to fill up on less). Walking every day. Jogging some days. Lots of crunches. Lots of weights/push-ups. Drinking nothing besides water (only slipping up twice--a Mike's Hard Lemonade and a Cherry Coke Zero). Eating only when I'm hungry, and only enough to make me not hungry anymore.

Why I did it: I was fat--I used to be fat, and then I lost a lot of weight. Then I put 75% of what I'd lost back on due to laziness. My girlfriend is a ballet dancer and all her guy friends are physically much fitter than me, so that was intimidating and added. Also, I'm back in a band and I gotta get my stage body back. And it was time for my will-power to be tested again, and I've won so far.

Day 2 of Operation Drastic. It sucks. When I lost before it was without really saying no to anything - everything in moderation. But that doesn't seem to work anymore so...

Wow! I've only lost 1 lb in the past 5 days! Yet I've still been exercising as much! Sadly, I've eaten poorer--that's what happens when you go to 3 movies in a week, have a family member's birthday dinner, and go to a baseball game, I suppose. Back on track today and tomorrow, though.

212 (35 lbs in 38 days)

Back
Top Bottom