The Temple Bar - It's Fall, Yo! UYMFA!! - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Out Of Control
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-29-2010, 02:55 PM   #106
Blue Crack Addict
 
KristenCaNaDiAn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In Larry Land...Mr. Mullen has dragged me over to the dark side. Who knew this place was made of hardwood floors :P
Posts: 20,214
Local Time: 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafrun View Post
lol, well I suppose that's a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how much of a slacker you are. And you're taking anthro classes?? Awesome.
It's a cultural anthro class, just an elective. I don't mind watching movies but it just makes me think about how much I'm actually paying for these classes to sit there and watch movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post



Eek - the last hour got hectic! I think everything's under control now, though. :crossesfingers:
__________________

__________________
KristenCaNaDiAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:08 PM   #107
Blue Crack Addict
 
kafrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Upside-down
Posts: 19,644
Local Time: 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post
Eek - the last hour got hectic! I think everything's under control now, though. :crossesfingers:
Here, too. Go figure. They're trying to tear us apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenCaNaDiAn View Post
It's a cultural anthro class, just an elective. I don't mind watching movies but it just makes me think about how much I'm actually paying for these classes to sit there and watch movies.
Oh, very cool! I took cultural anthropology and loved it! Mind you, I don't think we watched movies in that class. The prof was awesome, lots of passion about what she teaches, which made it an amazing class. Really opened my eyes to a lot of things about the world.
__________________

__________________
kafrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:14 PM   #108
Blue Crack Addict
 
KristenCaNaDiAn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In Larry Land...Mr. Mullen has dragged me over to the dark side. Who knew this place was made of hardwood floors :P
Posts: 20,214
Local Time: 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafrun View Post
Here, too. Go figure. They're trying to tear us apart.


Oh, very cool! I took cultural anthropology and loved it! Mind you, I don't think we watched movies in that class. The prof was awesome, lots of passion about what she teaches, which made it an amazing class. Really opened my eyes to a lot of things about the world.
I took a first year cultural/biological anthro class in my first year of uni. I really liked that class because it was split in half, first semester bio and second semester cultural. This class that I'm taking right now is third year cultural anthro and it's so much more detailed, well as far as I can tell from the movies

Glad you had a good experience with your class
__________________
KristenCaNaDiAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:46 PM   #109
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
ladywithspinninghead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,634
Local Time: 11:41 PM
Woohoo, 3 pages to read through - it's finally hopping in here!

Glad everyone is good!! I wish I had exciting news to report but alas, I have none

Thanks for the sweet message, Kristen
__________________
ladywithspinninghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:02 AM   #110
Blue Crack Addict
 
KristenCaNaDiAn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In Larry Land...Mr. Mullen has dragged me over to the dark side. Who knew this place was made of hardwood floors :P
Posts: 20,214
Local Time: 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladywithspinninghead View Post
Woohoo, 3 pages to read through - it's finally hopping in here!

Glad everyone is good!! I wish I had exciting news to report but alas, I have none

Thanks for the sweet message, Kristen
Your welcome
__________________
KristenCaNaDiAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:35 PM   #111
Blue Crack Addict
 
kafrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Upside-down
Posts: 19,644
Local Time: 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenCaNaDiAn View Post
I took a first year cultural/biological anthro class in my first year of uni. I really liked that class because it was split in half, first semester bio and second semester cultural. This class that I'm taking right now is third year cultural anthro and it's so much more detailed, well as far as I can tell from the movies

Glad you had a good experience with your class
Wow, that's got to be the laziest shit ever. Hey guys, I'm going to be a professor, too! Just watch me pop this DVD in the player and press play. Pay attention, cause you're going to have to write a report at the end of the term. Since grading requires effort, I'm going to give all the papers to my cat and let him decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladywithspinninghead View Post
Woohoo, 3 pages to read through - it's finally hopping in here!

Glad everyone is good!! I wish I had exciting news to report but alas, I have none

Thanks for the sweet message, Kristen
Alcoholic drinks and crepes aren't exciting?


__________________
kafrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:37 AM   #112
Blue Crack Addict
 
KristenCaNaDiAn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In Larry Land...Mr. Mullen has dragged me over to the dark side. Who knew this place was made of hardwood floors :P
Posts: 20,214
Local Time: 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafrun View Post
Wow, that's got to be the laziest shit ever. Hey guys, I'm going to be a professor, too! Just watch me pop this DVD in the player and press play. Pay attention, cause you're going to have to write a report at the end of the term. Since grading requires effort, I'm going to give all the papers to my cat and let him decide.


Alcoholic drinks and crepes aren't exciting?


Exactly!

And he always jokes about how he gets paid tons of money to do nothing
__________________
KristenCaNaDiAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:41 PM   #113
Blue Crack Addict
 
kafrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Upside-down
Posts: 19,644
Local Time: 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenCaNaDiAn View Post
Exactly!

And he always jokes about how he gets paid tons of money to do nothing
Pfff, well that sucks. Boo, to him. A passionate, engaged teacher makes all the difference in what you get out of a course. He's almost as bad as the ones who read notes off the overhead.. and expect you to copy notes down as they go.
__________________
kafrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:50 PM   #114
Blue Crack Addict
 
KristenCaNaDiAn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In Larry Land...Mr. Mullen has dragged me over to the dark side. Who knew this place was made of hardwood floors :P
Posts: 20,214
Local Time: 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafrun View Post
Pfff, well that sucks. Boo, to him. A passionate, engaged teacher makes all the difference in what you get out of a course. He's almost as bad as the ones who read notes off the overhead.. and expect you to copy notes down as they go.
My Ancient Political Thought prof does that
__________________
KristenCaNaDiAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:58 PM   #115
Blue Crack Addict
 
kafrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Upside-down
Posts: 19,644
Local Time: 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenCaNaDiAn View Post
My Ancient Political Thought prof does that
Gah, teach or GTFO, am I rite?? Oh, or I hate when they hand out a package of notes and read through them, expecting you to highlight as you go. Seriously, just give out the course work for the entire term and tell everyone to study on their own and come back at exam time.
__________________
kafrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #116
Blue Crack Addict
 
KristenCaNaDiAn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In Larry Land...Mr. Mullen has dragged me over to the dark side. Who knew this place was made of hardwood floors :P
Posts: 20,214
Local Time: 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafrun View Post
Gah, teach or GTFO, am I rite?? Oh, or I hate when they hand out a package of notes and read through them, expecting you to highlight as you go. Seriously, just give out the course work for the entire term and tell everyone to study on their own and come back at exam time.


I have a prof that did that. My criminal law prof. He put copys of all his notes for every lecture in the library for us to photocopy. But then he made sure to tell us to still come to class To what? Listen to him read the notes we have already
__________________
KristenCaNaDiAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:46 PM   #117
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
ladywithspinninghead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,634
Local Time: 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafrun View Post

Alcoholic drinks and crepes aren't exciting?
Yes, but I thought that was our little secret

Did you guys see the pic on my Facebook? 2 U2 fanatics got married last night (they met in line at the Hawaii show } and their cake, which was a surprise to even them, was of U2 performing to them and a crowd!! . Seriously, something right out of Cake Boss!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
__________________
ladywithspinninghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:32 PM   #118
Blue Crack Addict
 
kafrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Upside-down
Posts: 19,644
Local Time: 09:41 PM
Dear Timmies,

How dare you not have my peanut butter cookies when I go for my Monday morning Timmies run. GFY.

Love, Kaf.

__________________
kafrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:33 PM   #119
Blue Crack Addict
 
kafrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Upside-down
Posts: 19,644
Local Time: 09:41 PM
Which pic, Julie? I'll have to go take a look, but I heard about the married part. So cool that they met in line.
__________________
kafrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:35 PM   #120
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Thora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wishing I was on the beach
Posts: 34,116
Local Time: 09:41 PM
I couldn't see any pics on your FB, Julie. But that's really cool!

Timmy's didn't have the donut I wanted this morning, kaf. So I feel your pain. I had a muffin instead.

Good morning, btw!
__________________

__________________
Insert something interesting here
Thora is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com