The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread, Part 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
why bother submitting a playlist and entering the tournament if you don't plan on voting?

Seriously. We should be receiving at least 20 votes a match no matter what. Toss in guest voting, outsiders, and all of those who wanted to join but couldn't because they didn't get on the list fast enough, and you're at 30. Why should a DI with the greatest amount of demand for a spot to date bring in 15 votes a match? Something is wrong there.

Seriously. We should be receiving at least 20 votes a match no matter what. Toss in guest voting, outsiders, and all of those who wanted to join but couldn't because they didn't get on the list fast enough, and you're at 30. Why should a DI with the greatest amount of demand for a spot to date bring in 15 votes a match? Something is wrong there.

The number of votes for the first two Desert Islands were huge. They have never been able to get back to those numbers. I have a theory why but I have no way of proving it. I suspect that the number of consistent B&C regulars (posting or lurking) has been decreasing without a new U2 album or tour. So the total number of people who can vote every day is shrinking and in turn the average vote totals aren't what they should be. That's my guess at least.

Or maybe - just maybe - it's your negative attitude. Now i'm gonna go talk to a donkey.

If you guys want to argue and disagree about play lists, music, and what not, fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and if you submit a play list or partake in these contests, etc. you need to be prepared to take criticism. That's life. But the personal attacks need to stop asap. There is no reason to resort to name calling and insults. Everyone here knows the rules.

Oh no, the classic Screwtape Dodge! :lol:

I didn't respond to it because a) why would I address a post where you call me a "cowardly crackpot" b) you insist on saying I rushed my playlist, what I can say to that when you won't accept the truth. :shrug:

If your playlist wasn't rushed, why did you bother to tell everyone that your computer crashed and you lost all your music? To get the sympathy vote?

Yeah. As much as I love the running diary process, maybe it prolonged the process so much that people lost interest before the contest began? Kind of like the space between the Presidential Primary and the actual election? I don't know, just spitballin' here.

Also, the alliteration of "cowardly crackpot" cracked me up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom