The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread, Part 5 - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Out Of Control
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2008, 01:50 PM   #61
The Male

Local Time: 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
why bother submitting a playlist and entering the tournament if you don't plan on voting?
Seriously. We should be receiving at least 20 votes a match no matter what. Toss in guest voting, outsiders, and all of those who wanted to join but couldn't because they didn't get on the list fast enough, and you're at 30. Why should a DI with the greatest amount of demand for a spot to date bring in 15 votes a match? Something is wrong there.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:12 PM   #62
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Seriously. We should be receiving at least 20 votes a match no matter what. Toss in guest voting, outsiders, and all of those who wanted to join but couldn't because they didn't get on the list fast enough, and you're at 30. Why should a DI with the greatest amount of demand for a spot to date bring in 15 votes a match? Something is wrong there.
The number of votes for the first two Desert Islands were huge. They have never been able to get back to those numbers. I have a theory why but I have no way of proving it. I suspect that the number of consistent B&C regulars (posting or lurking) has been decreasing without a new U2 album or tour. So the total number of people who can vote every day is shrinking and in turn the average vote totals aren't what they should be. That's my guess at least.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:15 PM   #63
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Quote:
Or maybe - just maybe - it's your negative attitude. Now i'm gonna go talk to a donkey.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:21 PM   #64
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Now are you going to reply to what I said? Or is this just the classic Screwtape Dodge?
Oh no, the classic Screwtape Dodge!

I didn't respond to it because a) why would I address a post where you call me a "cowardly crackpot" b) you insist on saying I rushed my playlist, what I can say to that when you won't accept the truth.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:33 PM   #65
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

If you guys want to argue and disagree about play lists, music, and what not, fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and if you submit a play list or partake in these contests, etc. you need to be prepared to take criticism. That's life. But the personal attacks need to stop asap. There is no reason to resort to name calling and insults. Everyone here knows the rules.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:38 PM   #66
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
Oh no, the classic Screwtape Dodge!

I didn't respond to it because a) why would I address a post where you call me a "cowardly crackpot" b) you insist on saying I rushed my playlist, what I can say to that when you won't accept the truth.
If your playlist wasn't rushed, why did you bother to tell everyone that your computer crashed and you lost all your music? To get the sympathy vote?
Old 10-09-2008, 02:47 PM   #67
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post
If your playlist wasn't rushed, why did you bother to tell everyone that your computer crashed and you lost all your music? To get the sympathy vote?
That was actually two weeks before the deadline and I wanted to alert Phanan of the possibility that I might not have something. I did and it wasn't rushed.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:12 PM   #68
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:38 PM
Quote:
Yeah. As much as I love the running diary process, maybe it prolonged the process so much that people lost interest before the contest began? Kind of like the space between the Presidential Primary and the actual election? I don't know, just spitballin' here.

Also, the alliteration of "cowardly crackpot" cracked me up.

Tags
desert island