St Mary’s Butts, Reading, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This movie really is pretty conflict free. It's just two people falling in love at Christmas. But it's hilariously bad in ways that are hard to explain. It's the predictability of it all. This is easily the most telegraphed hallmark movie I've ever seen.

Oh here's a scene to remind you that this is supposed to also be pride and prejudice, by having this rich guy lecture her about how the caterer guy isnt in her social class.

There's this one great scene where love interest #2 starts gazing off into the distance while the protagonist is telling him something near and dear to her heart. He completely checks out.

Like I said, their chemistry is [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

OK, let's film a heart to heart from the other side of the room. That will really bring the audience in.

Guys, she stayed in her hometown because the Big City couldn't satisfy her need to live a traditional lifestyle!

What a twist!

Wow, it just ended with them making out. Went straight to black without any kind of resolution.

That was trash. Maybe the most boring Hallmark movie I've ever watched.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

I'm so glad some traditions are not dead. :love:

I hope Baby Trashley has been suitably inducted into this, too.

She was with us the whole time.

Sleeping soundly for most of the film, granted, but there, nonetheless.

This simply means subsequent years need further induction in the traditions of the old ways. Or: good.

I definitely made the comment to my mom (who we almost always watch these movies with, and who happened to be out here this week so was able to watch this one as well) that this was only the beginning. It's great to already have started to pass on a tradition.

I remember the days when we’d have gone through a whole thread in the time between these two posts.

Ten years ago, the idea I would go THREE MONTHS without posting in the Superthread would have seemed incomprehensible. Hell, three hours was a challenge.

Also, I nearly died in that intervening period, AMA.

That excuse only holds for about five days though!

I've been Extremely Online since for want of anything else to do.

Hahaha yes let's run with that, it's much easier to shitpost on Twitter than revive this old mate.

When I should be working on the record I want to finish, I check here in my routine of procrastination.

What was the original purpose of the Superthread? Just a random chat thread?

Give me some history.

There was a Song Survivor tournament in EYKIW in early 2008 where a number of threads had turned into quite extended chats. First round for Pop really took off and we maxed out the thread way before the poll was due to close, so we continued the chat in a random different thread - the joke was that we'd get EVERY old thread closed for reaching the post limit. At this point we had no proper name but referred to the "postwhorehouse".

We hatched the plot for the Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein gig and after that we were banished! I can't recall who started the first thread in the designated chat area (Varitek maybe?) but whoever did it called it the "Australia Superthread" because a large proportion of posters either lived in Australia or were deemed to be honorary Australians. From that we decided each subsequent thread would go somewhere else in the world - initially some were chosen just for their obscurity but of course the rude and funny names quickly took over.

And wow. After reading through some of that, and seeing what interference has become? Maybe EYKIW never did recover from that. Ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom