St Mary’s Butts, Reading, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had 12 days after emergency surgery. It's annoying isn't it!! Cheers :)

Yeah, when I had my colon taken out around two years ago I had a complication and had to have emergency surgery two weeks after. It was very rough and I missed three weeks of school, but things went up from there. Hopefully things for you will go up

Yeah, when I had my colon taken out around two years ago I had a complication and had to have emergency surgery two weeks after. It was very rough and I missed three weeks of school, but things went up from there. Hopefully things for you will go up

I've been discharged already - on Friday!!! But no apparently I urgently needed to return.

Didn't stop me comfortably getting around on foot up hills and into caves.

They know best (I guess even above my regular doc) but still....

I've been discharged already - on Friday!!! But no apparently I urgently needed to return.

Didn't stop me comfortably getting around on foot up hills and into caves.

They know best (I guess even above my regular doc) but still....

Better safe than sorry, you shouldn't take risks with your health

So, Wollongong has been nice to me these last two days and I have my own office, so I'm happy.

Off to Europe now. Prepare for more of Axver's Pithy Observations About Places.

So I may have talked my group into a road trip.

Me and four girls to Waitangi. Where was this confidence when I was single?
This reminds me of a story! Some years back, I went to a party. This was a party being held at a place with an indoor hot tub, so already it's awesome. I had been on a couple of dates with this one guy recently, so I invited him to swing by the party. My plan was to go home with him afterward. Okay, so we're doing the party thing, and the guy who I invited didn't know anyone else there except for me, and he didn't bring a swimsuit, so he was probably feeling a little awkward. My good female friend and I had been in the hot tub together, and some guys came and went. And then I decided it was probably time to head out, because my date lived a little ways away and we had a drive ahead of us. I got dressed, and before we left, I popped back into the hot tub room to say goodbye to my female friend. Now by this point, hot male friend who I had crushed on was in the hot tub. He grabbed me and kissed me. And it was hot. And then I reaaaallly wanted to stay, but I had already told the other guy I was leaving with him, so I left.

And I regret it so much, because the other guy and I didn't do anything, and he lived in this tiny sad house and I was so bored. If I had stayed I probably could have been part of a hot tub orgy or something.

And now I'm in my lifelong relationship and will never be single again, so I will never get to experience the possibility of a hot tub orgy with hot male friend.

This reminds me of a story! Some years back, I went to a party. This was a party being held at a place with an indoor hot tub, so already it's awesome. I had been on a couple of dates with this one guy recently, so I invited him to swing by the party. My plan was to go home with him afterward. Okay, so we're doing the party thing, and the guy who I invited didn't know anyone else there except for me, and he didn't bring a swimsuit, so he was probably feeling a little awkward. My good female friend and I had been in the hot tub together, and some guys came and went. And then I decided it was probably time to head out, because my date lived a little ways away and we had a drive ahead of us. I got dressed, and before we left, I popped back into the hot tub room to say goodbye to my female friend. Now by this point, hot male friend who I had crushed on was in the hot tub. He grabbed me and kissed me. And it was hot. And then I reaaaallly wanted to stay, but I had already told the other guy I was leaving with him, so I left.

And I regret it so much, because the other guy and I didn't do anything, and he lived in this tiny sad house and I was so bored. If I had stayed I probably could have been part of a hot tub orgy or something.

And now I'm in my lifelong relationship and will never be single again, so I will never get to experience the possibility of a hot tub orgy with hot male friend.

I feel like I can't top this.

The four of us in a sexy motel room on laptops putting together our presentation for the rest of the class....

I think I've been awake too long. I just ran into a U2 song in the wild (randomly listening to examples of how things sound through a cochlear implant, and Beautiful Day was used as an example of music with lyrics), and I kind of paused and thought about U2 for a second and asked myself if they were real.

I kind of paused and thought about U2 for a second and asked myself if they were real.
i don't think they are tbh

i'm proud of myself. i put a mattress (and its fancy topper thingie to track how well you sleep) together all by myself. my boyfriend had to carry the mattress* all the way from the apartment complex office since we weren't home when it was delivered (why wouldn't they just leave it on the doorstep :sad:), but i put it together since it's my day off and he's working. luckily he always comes home for lunch on fridays so he could go get it anyway.

*i carried the box with the other stuff in it too which was surprisingly big and heavy too so i couldn't help carry the mattress. now our apartment is full of boxes and plastic wrap ugh

We have a memory foam mattress that weighs about a million pounds. It's fantastically comfortable, but a bitch to move. It took 4-5 grown men to get it in and out of the truck when we moved.

oh man i'd love one of those. :sad: my boyfriend likes firm mattresses (rip me) so i'm not even sure if he's gonna like the one i picked out. i bought it online and luckily you can test it out for a month before sending it back.

anything but a firm mattress hurts his back. firm mattresses hurt my back. maybe a sleep number bed would help. i lay on the mattress for a minute after i put the sheets back on it and it felt comfortable to me at least.

also i finally finished the commentary i've been working on since the beginning of the month. 31 pages. :faint: no pictures, no charts, nothing. there's a title page, page of contents, and bibliography, but other than that it's all just me writing words.

yeah, i've heard that about memory foam. i've only slept on one once (funnily enough, in the middle of summer so i should know) but i was too exhausted to notice if it made me feel really hot or not. it probably would've under normal circumstances. i'd driven 800 miles on absolutely no sleep, so by the time i got to where i could sleep, i didn't notice anything. i know the mattress was super comfortable, though.

also, i finished my damn capstone project. i can't believe it. i still have to do any corrections my advisor gives me (i know i'm gonna have a ton of corrections for my translation, less so for the commentary). but still. ugh.

Somehow ended up in the hospital again...this time for a possible hernia of the incision from my last surgery that was four weeks ago. Jesus Christ I'm only 22 and probably had more surgery than most people will get in their lifetime, I'm at 5 right now with a possible 6th tonight

Somehow ended up in the hospital again...this time for a possible hernia of the incision from my last surgery that was four weeks ago. Jesus Christ I'm only 22 and probably had more surgery than most people will get in their lifetime, I'm at 5 right now with a possible 6th tonight

hope you feel better soon, Nate

Update: I'm alright, it's not a hernia, just a lot of internal inflammation where they operated a couple weeks ago, they basically gave me pain meds and Prilosec and I'm waiting to see my actual surgeon back in my hometown (since I'm at school right now)...Medical issues are so fucking frustrating

Thanks for the well wishes everyone, it means a lot

Prilosec is amazing.

Personally I'm a big fan of the pain meds, but I'm definitely scared taking them. I basically took them for 2 years straight when I had ulcerative colitis and after my first four surgeries so I know I won't get addicted, but it's still worrying how good they make me feel.

Prilosec isn't a pain medication, it's an antacid. It neutralizes the acid in your stomach, which in turn reduces the pain that the acid causes on your ulcers, etc.

In my case, I had bad acid reflux, bad enough that it would wake me up at night and keep me from sleeping in certain positions, and from eating certain foods, and make me nauseous throughout the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom