St Mary’s Butts, Reading, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
another cold night in Toowoomba, although I'm sure Dave C or someone will be along to tell me how I actually feel...:sexywink:

I'm just kidding. Tonight's not so bad actually. I can feel my hands and feet.

Right now I'm packing for three conferences in as many weeks: two in summer and one in winter.

So I bought a larger suitcase.

This trip has not been one of my most sensible ideas.

Toowoomba looks like a pretty nice place (just looked it up on Wikipedia).

And how about this fact, if you take a piss on the east side of town it flows just 170 km to Moreton Bay, but if you piss on the west side of town it travels 3000 km all the way to the Murray River near Adelaide

Last edited:
Oh man, hard to choose. Brisbane sucks so I'd happily send my piss off to them, but on the other hand you can piss in Vlad's general direction... :hmm:

Beautiful here today in Utah 77F/25C. The heat is quickly approaching though. I imagine Austin is pretty miserable in the summer. I've experienced St. Louis summers and yeah Utah's dry heat is wayyyyy better.

I'd happily live in a place where it was exactly 25 degrees centigrade every day of the year. Exactly 25.

Dry heat is the best heat and humid cold is the best cold.

Santa Barbara would be nice, no doubt. Of course the downside is living somewhere that instantly and constantly reminds you of one of U2's most treacly songs.

Last edited:
Beautiful here today in Utah 77F/25C. The heat is quickly approaching though. I imagine Austin is pretty miserable in the summer. I've experienced St. Louis summers and yeah Utah's dry heat is wayyyyy better.
ugh, yes. it's so incredibly humid here (my glasses often fog up when exiting a car or building with a/c on, not just on days where it's going to/already did rain). st. louis is awful too, i was there around this time a couple years ago and it was so hot. pretty similar to memphis, which is awful. austin's also hell on allergies. parking lots (the ones with the really black surfaces as it's easier to see) will get a slight shade of yellow in springtime.

i really wanna move to colorado for that same reason that utah's weather is preferable. it sounds so much better. i don't want to live in satan's butthole.

I'd happily live in a place where it was exactly 25 degrees centigrade every day of the year. Exactly 25.

Dry heat is the best heat and humid cold is the best cold.

Every attempt to describe my perfect weather ends up being Melbourne in winter and Wellington in spring and autumn. Just need to find somewhere tolerable in summer where the weather will rarely trouble the high teens, nor get much into single digits, have a decent breeze, and not be in the middle of absolute nowhere.

Wait, 20 C is too hot for you in summer?? Yeah good luck finding a cooler climate than that, maybe Glasgow or Oslo, somewhere in far N Europe.

Just need to find somewhere tolerable in summer where the weather will rarely trouble the high teens, nor get much into single digits, have a decent breeze, and not be in the middle of absolute nowhere.

Maybe Mount Kosciuszko. But only in the daytime.

Colder than Kosciusko
Warmer than Wellington in Spring
Ax must find the perfect climate
Or he will explode

Wait, 20 C is too hot for you in summer?? Yeah good luck finding a cooler climate than that, maybe Glasgow or Oslo, somewhere in far N Europe.

You see that Australia is not the country for me.

Norway definitely is, especially as some of their locals are paler than my albino self. But I just got rejected for a job there, so.

Colder than Kosciusko
Warmer than Wellington in Spring
Ax must find the perfect climate
Or he will explode

Endless storm and struggle
Marks the spirit of the age!

:lmao:

hello
how are you
i knew you know you
I think I think I think I forgot this line

should we talk about the weather