Shuttlecock XXXIII: Is Bono Actually Enrico Palazzo? Discuss.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you ever seen The Naked Gun?

enrico-palazzo.jpg

First Highlander, now Naked Gun? Martha, why do you hate the '80's?

It might be a fail of a title, but whatever.

Dan will be happy that I didn't go off his post in the last thread and called it Shuttlecock XXXIII: Pfan doesn't have a girlfriend, guys.

Hey, fools. I went to Hurricane Ridge today. Took lots of pictures. I'm sure once I get them on my laptop and look at them, they will be 50 pictures of the same thing, but when you're there, you can't stop gawking and taking pictures, because it's so freaking gorgeous.

Lot of driving, though. I don't know that I love my day road trips like I used to. Maybe it was just the traffic that irked me, and having to pay $15 each way for the ferry and then another $15 to get into the park (which does not bug me - I happily pay my fee for the national park system).

Now I'm all tired and junk.

Yeah, I will, probably tomorrow. I'll throw one or two up here, but will have the rest on Facebook. :)

Hey, fools. I went to Hurricane Ridge today. Took lots of pictures. I'm sure once I get them on my laptop and look at them, they will be 50 pictures of the same thing, but when you're there, you can't stop gawking and taking pictures, because it's so freaking gorgeous.

Lot of driving, though. I don't know that I love my day road trips like I used to. Maybe it was just the traffic that irked me, and having to pay $15 each way for the ferry and then another $15 to get into the park (which does not bug me - I happily pay my fee for the national park system).

Now I'm all tired and junk.

I was only there for a brief couple hours when I was up there last (I forget if it was the day after I met you or before...), but it was indeed freaking gorgeous, especially all covered in snow. Would love to get back there sometime, but no idea when that'll happen.

Speaking of road trips, I've clocked about 35 hours driving on this road trip out to Chicago so far. Got about 12 more to go, though spread out over 2 days. SO glad we decided to go the Pods route instead of renting a U-Haul. Road trips in my car are fun. Road trips in a big van loaded with all my belongings? Not so much.

The day is finally here! :hyper:

After some Irish singer's injury ruined my summer concert plans, I've been really looking forward to this Montreal music festival, featuring some of my favourite acts (most of whom will be at Lolla) like The National, Stars and, most importantly, the giants of the local music scene, Arcade Fire.

It should be a great day. :)

I am SO jealous. Have an awesome time!

Dieman, I'd love to get up there when there's snow one of these days. How were the roads going up? What month was that?

I am seriously paranoid of trying to go into the mountains during snowy seasons. I can drive on snow just fine, but those tight corners on some of the turns worry me, and I don't have chains. Also, I'm always terrified of getting caught in a freak snowstorm.

:reject:

I am SO jealous. Have an awesome time!

Dieman, I'd love to get up there when there's snow one of these days. How were the roads going up? What month was that?

It was in March. I didn't make it all the way to the top - the roads were fine enough to get me most of the way up before they got a little too slick and snowy, but it looked like it could've started snowing again, and I didn't want to chance getting stuck.

I am seriously paranoid of trying to go into the mountains during snowy seasons. I can drive on snow just fine, but those tight corners on some of the turns worry me, and I don't have chains. Also, I'm always terrified of getting caught in a freak snowstorm.

:reject:

Get yourself some chains, then. :) I didn't expect to get into any snow when I was there, so I didn't bring chains with me that time, but they bring some serious peace of mind. They also got me into Yosemite when I otherwise would've had to turn back and miss some seriously gorgeous winter scenery.

But you definitely aren't a reject for not wanting to drive winding mountain passes in the snow with no chains. That's just good common sense!

I'd get chains if I weren't paranoid about going near the mountains in winter/spring, and the chances of getting trapped on the passes in a snowstorm.

If I weren't freaked out by that, I'd have bought chains and gone all over hill and dale in the winters. Maybe after another 10 years out here I'll get over that fear. :wink:

I was only there for a brief couple hours when I was up there last (I forget if it was the day after I met you or before...), but it was indeed freaking gorgeous, especially all covered in snow. Would love to get back there sometime, but no idea when that'll happen.

Speaking of road trips, I've clocked about 35 hours driving on this road trip out to Chicago so far. Got about 12 more to go, though spread out over 2 days. SO glad we decided to go the Pods route instead of renting a U-Haul. Road trips in my car are fun. Road trips in a big van loaded with all my belongings? Not so much.

It's funny to me, in a good way, that a little less than a year ago I was doing the same thing, with just the start/finish destinations in reverse.

Glad you're enjoying the drive so far and I hope the last 12 hours on the road are fun and safe.

Thanks, Mike. It's been fun so far. Luckily I've got family spread out enough to make good stops along the way. Spent a couple days in beautiful western Wyoming, then a couple in Breckenridge, CO, and now a few in... hot and humid central Nebraska. It is actually prettier then I expected here, surrounded by gently rolling green cornfields, but when the heat makes you not want to go outside, it's hard to appreciate the beauty much.

Give me mountains over plains any day.

It might be a fail of a title, but whatever.

Dan will be happy that I didn't go off his post in the last thread and called it Shuttlecock XXXIII: Pfan doesn't have a girlfriend, guys.
I was thinking more like Shuttlecock XXXIII: We're emotionally neutral.
While I was trying to set you guys up for some jokes at my expense, I am happy it's not in the title.

Thanks, Mike. It's been fun so far. Luckily I've got family spread out enough to make good stops along the way. Spent a couple days in beautiful western Wyoming, then a couple in Breckenridge, CO, and now a few in... hot and humid central Nebraska. It is actually prettier then I expected here, surrounded by gently rolling green cornfields, but when the heat makes you not want to go outside, it's hard to appreciate the beauty much.

Give me mountains over plains any day.
Is it true that no one lives in Wyoming? I've heard that "officially" it's 500,000 but reality seems to dictate that it's closer to "no one fucking lives here."

Back
Top Bottom