Shuttlecock XXXIII: Is Bono Actually Enrico Palazzo? Discuss.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would like to wish the person or persons who stole my car a big FUCK YOU.

Oh dude, that blows.
About 8 months ago, my girlfriend was getting ready to leave my place at about 1am and while she was taking her sweet time getting her shit together, I was randomly gazing out my back window into the parking lot. It took me a second to realize that there were 3 dudes inside my car. I was on the second floor, so I threw my window opened and started yelling all kinds of shit about what I was going to do to them when I got down there. 2 of them jumped in an SUV parked next to my car and the third took his time before saying "we're going to come back and steal your car man". I was so fucking pissed. I grabbed a hammer and ran downstairs, but they had already sped off. About 10 minutes later, after checking on my car (they were trying to steal my airbag and fucked with my ignition), I walked to the street and saw a cop car sitting right at the exit of my parking lot. The cops claimed to have not seen anyone leave, but called in the forensic team to dust for prints. They showed up a half hour later, found a bunch of prints and took a statement. A couple weeks later, I get a call from a detective saying that they matched the prints and had the guy in custody. Apparently he had a history of this kind of thing and was being held until his trial. Smashing his knees with a hammer would've given me a greater sense of satisfaction, but I really cant complain about how it turned out. And they jimmied my door instead of smashing it, so there was only like $10 damage to the panel they ripped out in the foot well

Friggin' Canadian thieves.

From his faux mobster 'accent' you'd think he was from Jersey. Friggin Fake Mobster Canadian thieves

How the hell do you steal an airbag? And why?

I'm not 100% sure, but first you unplug the connectors underneath the dash so it doesnt explode in your face. That's as far as they got. Not sure what the next step was. I just had to put the connectors back together. They look sort of like a serial port on a computer, so it's not difficult. But they steal them because shady mechanics will buy them for $1000 a pop to reinstall in people's cars who have gotten in accidents. Stolen airbags are fairly common

yeah, i saw something like that on csi:miami or something. it just seems like such a random thing though, i mean who first had the thought of "gee i wonder how much i could get for one of these things?"

IMG_6353.jpg

????

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by how well that worked (both with or without Jay-Z; I didn't mind his appearance on it) as a new transition into Walk On. Very appropriate to put that in there in response to the news.

Plus, I'd heard enough of MLK. :wink:

I need to take a moment to brag. I'm sorry, I'm just stoked. A big week and a half coming up. On Thursday, my girlfriend and I are going to New York for 5 days. My brother lives in lower Manhattan, so we're going to stay with him. It's her first time, so she's really excited. We found out today that The Walkmen are playing there on the day we arrive, so we're going to check that concert out Thursday night. We dont have anything else specific planned for the rest of the time; Probably check out some photography exhibits, moma, natural history museum (if anyone has any other suggestions, please fire away).
Then the following weekend, I'm taking her to Montreal to watch George St Pierre kick the everliving shit out of Josh 'the blanket' Koscheck. It will be my first real time in Montreal and our first UFC show, so that is also awesome. Tickets were waiting for me when I got in from work today, so I'm extra giddy.
Anyway, just externalizing my excitement. Feel free to ignore.
As you were

We found out today that The Walkmen are playing there on the day we arrive, so we're going to check that concert out Thursday night.

Awesome. :up:

Then the following weekend, I'm taking her to Montreal to watch George St Pierre kick the everliving shit out of Josh 'the blanket' Koscheck. It will be my first real time in Montreal and our first UFC show, so that is also awesome. Tickets were waiting for me when I got in from work today, so I'm extra giddy.

Possibly even more awesome. :up:

Hi, Shuttlecockers!

On Thursday, my girlfriend and I are going to New York for 5 days. My brother lives in lower Manhattan, so we're going to stay with him.

Whoa, coincidence time.

On Thursday, I'm also going to New York for five days and staying with my brother who lives there.

Diemen said:
This just in: migraines fucking suck. :grumpy:

yes they do. hope you feel better soon! :)

ugh, i'm at a concert and good god the opener sucks. the guy opens his set with "i know you're all here to see [headliner]" and then plays his shitty music for, god knows how long. it's been 25 minutes already and it feels like it's been an hour. plus the crowd banter (which everyone's ignoring) is a bunch of in-jokes no one gets.

Back
Top Bottom