Shuttlecock XXXIII: Is Bono Actually Enrico Palazzo? Discuss.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Corino! Ha, I love it.

I ordered from The Ideal Copy (someone had found the link; I'd never heard of the place), and I think others ordered from Vintage Vinyl? I think that was the name.

U2 - Wide Awake In Europe [US 12"]: The Ideal Copy

Wow, and the price went up $3 from when I ordered.

Just for kicks, I popped into my local record shop last night to ask about the mini Record Store Day, and here's what I found out:

Apparently this event, while run by the same group that does the usual Record Store Day, is not the same as the usual Record Store Day, so it might be possible that online retailers may have some copies for sale.

He said they probably wouldn't know exactly what they were getting. They'll put in their orders once the releases are finalized, but they might get stuff they didn't order, and no copies of stuff they did order.

He said in the past, there have been rumors of things that were supposed to be available for Record Store Day, but been delayed for whatever reasons (couldn't get them pressed in time, maybe). BUT! He said that if a rumored release had tracklistings and cover art available, that sounded to him like it wouldn't be delayed.

So make of that what you will.

I took leave of my senses this morning and bought a crazy ass douchebag seat to the Nashville show. I did not know that was going to happen when I woke up this morning. I didn't even believe that my old leftover presale code would work. But I figured I should see this leg from a (freaking fantastic) seat at least once. And I love Nashville. And the stadium is smaller than most. And it's July 4th weekend. What else could I do?

Anybody else planning to go to that show?

In my head I am. That sounds like so much fun.

In my head I am. That sounds like so much fun.

It's also a good excuse to see my ex-boyfriend/good friend who lives there. I haven't seen him in a few years and he will likely feed me and offer me a place to sleep.

And I'll see you in Denver. :sexywink:

I like the idea that there is a BoMac in New Zealand, as it makes me think that there's also someone in New Zealand who's plotting to kill Elfa.

I'm pretty sure "killing elfa" is part of their national mission statement. It's on their flag in very small print.

tbh there's a question on the arrival card asking you whether or not you think elfa should die. i've been too afraid to ever put no down, for fear of being denied entry.

:lol:

For the record, I can never be bought. I'm priceless.

I like the idea that there is a BoMac in New Zealand, as it makes me think that there's also someone in New Zealand who's plotting to kill Elfa.

There is only one BoMac. The rest are all subordinates working together in our worldwide quest to find and destroy Elfa.

Oh, sure, you might say, 'Why would a vast network of BoMacs be needed to find and kill Elfa when you can just go to an east Toronto suburb and get the job quickly?'

That's an answer that I cannot give on a public forum. PM me for more details.

I'm pretty sure "killing elfa" is part of their national mission statement. It's on their flag in very small print.

tbh there's a question on the arrival card asking you whether or not you think elfa should die. i've been too afraid to ever put no down, for fear of being denied entry.

:grouphug:

There is only one BoMac. The rest are all subordinates working together in our worldwide quest to find and destroy Elfa.

Oh, sure, you might say, 'Why would a vast network of BoMacs be needed to find and kill Elfa when you can just go to an east Toronto suburb and get the job quickly?'

That's an answer that I cannot give on a public forum. PM me for more details.

WEST Toronto suburb, maybe you should consider adding more BoMacs to your crack staff of killers there...

Wow, that's terrible. :(

Maybe you can borrow mofo and turn his Utahian justice into some Canadian justice.

Thanks, guys. Even with insurance, this is so not a good time for me, financially at least, for this to happen. Sigh. Such is life, I guess. :(

What the heck happened BoMac?

I'm not quite sure, but it's a little too coincidental for my liking that this happened to me a few days after declaring a worldwide Elfa-cide.

Friggin' Elfa.

:wink:

I would like to wish the person or persons who stole my car a big FUCK YOU.

Oh those fuckers! :madwife:

That happened to me about 6 years ago. Hard to be more pissed off than I was after realizing what happened. Luckily for me the jackasses who stole it weren't too bright and got pulled over a block from a police station a couple days later, with nothing having happened to the car other than them choosing a terrible radio station. Did cost way more than it should've to get it out of the tow yard, though.

I want it, but doubt I will have a chance to go out and get it before it's out of stores since I'll be visiting my parents for Thanksgiving.

BoMac, that sucks. I will be more than happy to commit much violence in honor of your car, just let me know who I should aim it towards.

Diemen, how the hell are you? How's the new job going?

Life is pretty good. :) Busy, though - I typically leave home at 6:15am and don't get home until 7pm. Work is... meh. The pay is low (less than half my last job's pay...), but considering I have bills to pay and it was the first job offer I had in 2 months... I took it and I'll deal with it while looking for something better (man I love this job market! :happy: ).

School, on the other hand, is fantastic. Despite it requiring lots of practice time (right now it's about 2.5 hours a day, though as the school year goes on I see that going up) and being a lot more involved than one might expect I find it all fascinating and really, really fun. Splicing broken piano strings, replacing entire strings, regulating the 30+ different points on just one key's action to provide better repetition speed... and tuning. Tuning is waaay more complex than it seems, and so it's extra nice when things line up well, and extra frustrating when they don't.

For example:
[:nerd:]Major thirds in the 'temperament' octave (the first octave we tune) are tuned wider than a pure third - somewhere between 7 to 11 beats per second wider than pure. As tuners we have to be able to tune a third specifically to one of those rates (and it can be -and-a-halfs, too), by ear. Then fourths are tuned 1 beat per second wider than pure, and octaves are tuned 1/3rd beat per second wide... but fifths should be a 1/2 bps narrow... and then you might have to compromise depending on the piano... it get's a little tricky. But fun![/:nerd:]

What are you studying? Obviously, something technical related to pianos, but I don't think I ever saw you talk about it specifically before now.

Back
Top Bottom