Shuttlecock XXXIII: Is Bono Actually Enrico Palazzo? Discuss.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't even remember (what you're trying to forget) what songs were playing when my Corolla got totaled by a really really bad driver. I sometimes look at the photos of the car and wonder how I wasn't really hurt at all outside of some bruising from the air bag and my neck being a bit sore. I wish I could explain to you the circumstances of the accident, but suffice to say, a woman was waiting to make a left turn across 3 lanes of 50mph traffic.....the lane has a turn signal, you don't make the left on green, you have a green arrow or a red arrow....she just went, and I plowed into her at full speed, no time to even hit my brakes. She was uninjured, too, thankfully. The best part was my car doing a 720 then coming to a stop....me getting out in a fucking daze....people ushering me to the sidewalk....then I spin around and go back to my car....people yelling at me to get away from it, etc, and I turn around and say "I have to get my iPod out of there so I can listen to it in the Hospital". Good times.

I'm not making this up: I've been in a couple of accidents (none major), but I was listening to Daddy's Going to Pay for Your Crashed Car for my first one.
haha, i listened to that after i got back from the hospital after my serious one. also i got a speeding ticket once while listening to new order's 60 mph. oops.

i don't remember what i was listening to when i had my first car accident (which is hilarious since it was so minor), but i can't listen to what was on when my dad had his. being able to listen to what i was listening to after my serious accident comes and goes though. plus the whole album itself reminds me of my aunt who's passed away, so the damn thing is jinxed. :lol:

Mine was the morning after I saw U23D for the second time so in the whole "life flashing before your eyes" thing, the last thing I saw before the car behind me plowed into me was Adam playing LAPOE. The lady who stopped to help me said I mumbled something about Adam before I became coherent enough to take her cell phone and completely forget my mum's phone number. She gave me a BlackBerry and I had never used one before. I think I tried to type my mom's name. Riley was in the backseat, he was fine. Just pissed that his boot fell off.

I may have sucked a coworker into my vortext of U2 obsession.

I was telling her about the Moscow show, and then we were talking about bootlegs, and she asked me to burn some for her, including the show she was at in '92 .... and then I swear to god, I saw her on the site.

Hard to mistake that blue background. And the pictures of Bono. :shifty:

Oh dear.

i'm not lila, but
suicide.gif

I'm not making this up: I've been in a couple of accidents (none major), but I was listening to Daddy's Going to Pay for Your Crashed Car for my first one.
Poetic. Ha.

My accident was my fault; pure youth at 16 year old. Nearly htree years old. But luckily it didn't tarnish Bowie at all. That's the most important thing, in my book.

So as U2 fans, I think we've established that we're cerebral, even to a fault.

I consider myself to be intelligent, one might say "book smart", whatever that means.

But as a first generation Canadian of Italian heritage, there is a very good reason I didn't go into construction, the industry that many of our parents went into after leaving the old country.

That reason is that for the life of me I cannot work well with my hands. While the former women in my life would disagree with that, the fact is when it comes to building things, I'm totally lost. A project that should take less than an hour takes me 4, as I pour over the instructions and then have many unsuccessful attempts at putting it together.

Case in point: I'm trying to put together a bookshelf, and I've had many starts and stops. At this rate I'll be up all night.

I wish I was more handy, and I respect people that have that talent. I'm just not one of them.

Anybody else like me?

Bookshelf done, finally. :)

In news you couldn't make up if you tried: RCMP (that's our national police) made several arrests yesterday of people suspected of attempting to form a terrorist cell. No word of any specific plot or targets, but that should be revealed as the investigation becomes public.

But as serious as those charges are, this is the funny part: one of the suspects arrested was once a contestant on Canadian Idol!

Here's an excerpt from an article:

OTTAWA—A third terrorism suspect– one who moonwalked across a Montreal stage during an audition for Canadian Idol – was detained early Thursday, the Star has learned.

Khuram Sher was arrested as part of an RCMP national security investigation, as police continue to investigate a possible cell allegedly plotting to attack targets at home.

Sher told judges on the popular reality show in 2008 that he hailed from Pakistan and was a fan of “hockey, music and acting.”

He sings an off-tune rendition of Avril Lavigne’s “Complicated” with – as the show’s website describes – some “nifty” dance moves.

“Have you ever thought of being a comedian?” asks one of the judges of the 26-year-old.

Another remarks: “The dance moves were good, the singing, bad.”

One source close to the investigation said Sher was actually a Canadian-born physician and graduate of McGill University – quite a different persona from goofy contestant wearing a traditional Pakistani shalwar kameez and pakul hat as he performs robot dance moves and a Michael Jackson moonwalk.

He sings an off-tune rendition of Avril Lavigne’s “Complicated”

That reason is that for the life of me I cannot work well with my hands. While the former women in my life would disagree with that ...

You dirty bird.

Anybody else like me?

I can put stuff together, but not without a lot of consternation and frustration. I have been known to have ridiculous meltdowns trying to put together bookshelves or mounting posters in frames, or hooking up all my stereo components.

We're talking tears as well as yelling and cursing. It's not a pretty sight, but at least I've managed to avoid throwing the pieces out the window.

The best part was my car doing a 720 then coming to a stop....me getting out in a fucking daze....people ushering me to the sidewalk....then I spin around and go back to my car....people yelling at me to get away from it, etc, and I turn around and say "I have to get my iPod out of there so I can listen to it in the Hospital". Good times.

This is wonderful.

Not exactly similar, but this reminded me of the time I allowed myself to to fall directly on my back in an icy parking lot in front of passersby during college, because there was no way in hell I was going to drop the CDs in my hands to catch myself or break the fall.

My dad, grandfather, and great-grandfather all worked the "family business" as building contractors / carpenters. I worked with my dad pretty much every summer from 6th grade until I graduated high school. I suppose that has helped to some extent, as I usually have no issues with putting things together. That said, it is incredibly frustrating to me how little knowledge I retained from 6 years of that kind of work. I'm ok with tools, but feel like I should be much better.

A friend of mine tried some ketchup-flavoured potato chips today. She actually sort of liked them. She must be part Canadian.

A friend of mine tried some ketchup-flavoured potato chips today. She actually sort of liked them. She must be part Canadian.

I like them as well.

There actually used to be a Canadian foods and goods (so pretty much just chips and hockey equipment) store here called, "The Crazy Canuck". I went there a few times. The employees would always ask me where in Canada I was from, and then look dumbfounded when I'd tell them I wasn't.

I like them as well.

There actually used to be a Canadian foods and goods (so pretty much just chips and hockey equipment) store here called, "The Crazy Canuck". I went there a few times. The employees would always ask me where in Canada I was from, and then look dumbfounded when I'd tell them I wasn't.
And I missed out? Bugger.

There's an English shop downtown that always advertises fresh meat pies. And I can't help thinking of Sweeney Todd every time I drive by.

You all will be pleased (for some reason; I have no idea why you care ;) ) that my coworker kind of ran screaming from PLEBA.

"It was a bit .... much."

Back
Top Bottom