Shuttlecock XXXIII: Is Bono Actually Enrico Palazzo? Discuss.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pitnol-pillform.jpg

I made a lame joke on Twitter and earned five new followers. I'm not sure how proud I am of that.

So I just found out that my ex-GF had major brain surgery. We were together for the better part of four years, lived together for almost two of those, but had a rather acrimonious breakup. I haven't seen or spoken to her in almost 6 years. She has since married and is very happy.

I haven't thought of her much since then. I'm very good at moving on very quickly. Nevertheless, this news has hit me like a ton of bricks. I feel gutted. Emotional. I have this bad feeling in my stomache.

So what's the protocol here? Should I try to contact her after all this time to see how she's doing?

Oh wow, I'm so sorry! Hope she's doing / will be okay.

I honestly don't know what I'd do in that situation, after such a long break. That's hard.

What was the joke?
Well, Chris Hardwick (@nerdist) made a sarcastic "yay" comment that nine people had found his website by googling 'cat penis'. Wil Wheaton replied and said "Make that ten" and Paul of Paul and Storm replied to both and said "11". So I retweeted Paul's reply and said " Cat penis goes up to eleven: RT @paulandstorm: @wilw @nerdist [P] 11. #badspinaltapreference". And apparently people think that's funny.

So I just found out that my ex-GF had major brain surgery. We were together for the better part of four years, lived together for almost two of those, but had a rather acrimonious breakup. I haven't seen or spoken to her in almost 6 years. She has since married and is very happy.

I haven't thought of her much since then. I'm very good at moving on very quickly. Nevertheless, this news has hit me like a ton of bricks. I feel gutted. Emotional. I have this bad feeling in my stomache.

So what's the protocol here? Should I try to contact her after all this time to see how she's doing?

That's tough, sorry BoMac.

I don't know what the protocol is, but nobody could blame you for wanting to reach out to check up on her.

I'm sure she'd appreciate the support. :hug:

I have a relative that had major brain surgery as well. Knock on wood she's okay now, almost 13 years later :pray:

I don't think there's anything wrong with giving her a call to check in. Maybe open with, "I bet you think you could have used this surgery 11 years ago. Because that's when you starting dating me. Could have caught this early...get it?" I dunno. That's what I'd say. But I'm kinda of an idiot, soooooo....yep. Also - there's no E in stomach.

So my son is almost 7 months old and he still wakes up every 90 or so minutes without fail. We've tried every sleep method known to man (no Uber, we have not given him whiskey) and he still won't sleep better. Our doctor's response, "Sorry. Some kids are just really bad sleepers."

Damn.

So my son is almost 7 months old and he still wakes up every 90 or so minutes without fail. We've tried every sleep method known to man (no Uber, we have not given him whiskey) and he still won't sleep better. Our doctor's response, "Sorry. Some kids are just really bad sleepers."

Damn.
You don't have to try whiskey, but at least give the kid a beer.

beer-drinking-kid.jpg

I normally hate to comment on my own jokes, but my "am I coming across as a dick" radar is lower than normal, so Lila I'm totally screwing with you on my response.

Yes, we've tried all of those things. The car works to get him back asleep, but neither of us feel like driving around all night long either. As he turned 6 months, I sent the wife and daughter down stairs and spent two weeks letting him 'cry it out". If anything his resolve strengthened.

I normally hate to comment on my own jokes, but my "am I coming across as a dick" radar is lower than normal, so Lila I'm totally screwing with you on my response.
Although his "do I even care if I come across as a dick" radar is still holding steady at "No."

Damn.
i know this is really of no help to you, but i was the same way when i was a baby. the only thing that helped was when i moved to my actual bed. then i slept all through the night. so i guess the moral of this story is while he's a crappy sleeper now, he might not be forever. :)

Back
Top Bottom