Shuttlecock XXXIII: Is Bono Actually Enrico Palazzo? Discuss.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Upon further reflection, it's still up in the air. I got all excited the other day and wanted to see the first US show. I don't know if I should be springing for an extra trip with Ireland on the horizon.

We'll see if I strike it rich between now and then.

You should charge a visitor's fee for everyone you convinced to come to Seattle and that can pay both these trips.

:hmm:

I might just tell everyone that they can buy me a drink as payment for services rendered instead.

Scumbo - I wasn't sure if I told you yet and I didn't feel like bumping a year-old thread, I have discovered The Decemberists and I absolutely love them. I've got three of their albums: The Hazards Of Love, The Crane Wife, and Castaways and Cutouts, plus some random songs from Her Majesty and Picaresque I downloaded. Revenge from The Hazards of Love gives me chills every time I hear it.

I've got a special affinity for a B-Side from The Crane Wife, Culling Of The Fold. Of course, I always enjoy peppy songs about cold-blooded murder. I'm funny that way.

I honestly think I pretty much have enjoyed everything Colin Meloy has done, be it The Decemberists, Tarkio, or solo. I really like his lyrics and voice. Though he sounds nothing like Morrissey, for some reason they sorta fill the void of The Smiths for me.

I like the Decemberists in relatively small doses. If I hear them, I like them, but I don't feel like listening to a whole album in one sitting.

I think the only CD of theirs I have is The Crane Wife.

The 3 before Crane Wife are my favs. I still enjoy Crane Wife and Hazards, but both of those have a handful of tracks I'm not a huge fan of.

I almost feel like maybe they've tried too hard since moving to a major label to try to prove that they're not making mainstream music. If they'd just relax and do whatever they want to do, the songs would benefit from it.

I hope not. It's just weird to me that they've almost gone out of their way to make less accessible albums since moving to the majors.

Meloy has been tweeting (god, that sounds so lame) that a new Decemberists album is almost finished. So, there you go. I'm excited.

Picaresque is my favorite record of theirs, btw. And they were an absolute blast live when they came to my college in support of the Crane Wife. Front row, bitches! Meloy tossed a few guitar picks into the crowd. I caught one. This sort of sullen girl and her boyfriend that were standing next to me looked at me when I caught it. She motioned to the guitar pick as if to say "Can I have that?" I let her have it. She didn't say thank you. If she ends up writing the great American rock album with that guitar pick, I'm gonna be pissed.

The 3 before Crane Wife are my favs. I still enjoy Crane Wife and Hazards, but both of those have a handful of tracks I'm not a huge fan of.

I almost feel like maybe they've tried too hard since moving to a major label to try to prove that they're not making mainstream music. If they'd just relax and do whatever they want to do, the songs would benefit from it.

Yeah, I'm not sure Hazards of Love could try harder. I'm positive I wouldn't want it to.

I did like them more before the concepts overtook the music. It's like fucking Desert Island or something.

Sweet Jesus does going a week without internet at home suck balls.

Oh wireless. How I've missed you... :love:

So apparently I missed some band kicking off a leg of their tour or something?

You missed Bono wearing leather.

You missed some new songs, a new intro, a bouncy Bono, and honestly, very little setlist bitching. :wink:

Well, I did have my phone's 3G, and a couple trips to coffeehouses, but yeah. That sucked.

Now I'm sitting comfortably on the living room couch, surfing the net and streaming music to my stereo. Life is good. :up:

Anyone catching any of the meteor showers? I went out to a nearby park last night and had a great view. Was out there from about 11:30 - 12:15 and saw maybe 10-15, including a couple of nice bright ones. Neat.

Hey, remember a week ago when I was all whiny about my friend asking if she could invite other people to my birthday party?

Her husband just asked me the same thing. Either they don't compare notes (which is entirely possible), or they said "She said no to me ... you try!"

This time I responded the same way, but more long-winded, explaining that I felt weird about it, but I wanted to keep it as my core karaoke gang. You know, my friends. People that I actually know.

If we're not exciting enough for you and you want to have other friends there to entertain you, then maybe the party isn't for you.

Dang, Mr and Mrs Brown. Just invite them to a different one.

They both said "Okay, that's fine," but jeez.

Meh. Whatever. It'll probably just be like one of our regular karaoke outings anyway. Except I'll be a year older.

/super cranky whining

I trust his "it's cool" response - I'm sure he is just fine with that. I'm not as good at reading Jen.

It's not a big deal. Right now I'm feeling pretty meh about the whole thing, but I'm sure it'll still be a good time. Our karaoke nights always are. :)

Hey, remember a week ago when I was all whiny about my friend asking if she could invite other people to my birthday party?

Her husband just asked me the same thing. Either they don't compare notes (which is entirely possible), or they said "She said no to me ... you try!"

This time I responded the same way, but more long-winded, explaining that I felt weird about it, but I wanted to keep it as my core karaoke gang. You know, my friends. People that I actually know.

If we're not exciting enough for you and you want to have other friends there to entertain you, then maybe the party isn't for you.

Dang, Mr and Mrs Brown. Just invite them to a different one.

They both said "Okay, that's fine," but jeez.

Meh. Whatever. It'll probably just be like one of our regular karaoke outings anyway. Except I'll be a year older.

/super cranky whining

Can I come? It looks like you may be getting a spanking in the very near future. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but it's possible from what I'm hearing that you'll get that spanking. So why not a birthday spanking? I'm just sayin'.

I apparently caused a major controversy amongst my cousins simply by confusing Jason Lee and Ryan Reynolds.

Just yesterday someone was talking about Jason Lee, and I thought they were talking about Jason Scott Lee.

Can I come? It looks like you may be getting a spanking in the very near future. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but it's possible from what I'm hearing that you'll get that spanking. So why not a birthday spanking? I'm just sayin'.

Yes, you may come to my partn. :)

But the spanking was only effective if they played it opening night, per our original spat discussion. :kiss:

(Regardless, I am very interested to see what happens in today's show, as it's the first two-night stand show.)

Back
Top Bottom