Shuttlecock XXXIII: Is Bono Actually Enrico Palazzo? Discuss.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I honestly didn't think I would fall prey to it, but I couldn't help it. I was that disappointed that they dropped NLOTH. :lol:

Oh well.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't agree with some of the changes, dropping NLOTH being one of them.

I just, I don't know, don't seem to care as much this time. Perhaps it's because as of now I'm not seeing them this time around unless a Boston date gets added.

I honestly didn't think I would fall prey to it, but I couldn't help it. I was that disappointed that they dropped NLOTH. :lol:

Oh well.

Remind me again how many shows they played thus far?

Yeah, so, um, then how has NLOTH been dropped? Do we know for sure that it will never appear in a set ever again? Will they not play it a full year from now in North America?

What are we talking about exactly?

My goodness. Did I really need to add that they dropped NLOTH in the rehearsal today? Seeing as how it's the only set they've played so far, I thought that was a given.

Need I remind you that I'm usually rather rational about such things? And please note that I was laughing at my knee-jerk reaction in that comment.

Oh, and also, is this where I go on and on about how much I can't stand Stand Up Comedy? :wink:

My goodness. Did I really need to add that they dropped NLOTH in the rehearsal today? Seeing as how it's the only set they've played so far, I thought that was a given.

Need I remind you that I'm usually rather rational about such things? ;)

Yes you did need to add that. I have not been following the rehearsals because I really couldn't care less. I only go into The Other Place to look at the Montreal thread. Other than that, the people over there really do scare me, so I stay on this side of the forum.

Anyway, it's only rehearsals and not necessarily a harbinger of the next two or three legs of the tour. They dropped NLOTH today. So what? That doesn't mean it will be dropped permanently. :shrug:

I didn't suggest it would be.

If they play it Friday, I'll come in here and happily submit to a spanking.

Oh, I was all prepped to get all up in your face if you'd said something snippy in return to my own snippiness.

I was going to RELEASE THE CRARKY. :wink:

So thank you for having the saner head. I've clearly been on the site too much today. And honestly am not that bugged by the reherasal stuff ... although I had about 20 minutes of honest-to-pete U2-related disappointment before I came to my senses and actually did think the things you had mentioned.

So anyway. It was a pre-emptive peace offering, because I could feel the bitch rising within.

Are you kidding? If they play it in any of the first few shows, I'll be over this site proclaiming that I have seen the light, dancing a happy dance of joys, and then ending here, proffering my short ass up for my well-deserved punishment.

And smiling the whole time.

worst fight ever.

Hey, man. Hey, fuck you, man! No, FUCK YOU, man!

*jabs finger into Coolian's chest*

You wanna fight about it? Huh? I bet you think Red Light is their best song, too. Punk-ass bitch. C'MON!

How was that?

I must admit that I have not read the "knee-jerk" reaction in question. Nevertheless, I'm glad you came to your senses, so to speak. :wink:

I just don't see the point in getting worked up over a rehearsal setlist. It's a waste of time and energy, in my opinion. Even though we're talking about U2 here, I still think of setlists as fluid, so really there's no reason that they wouldn't bring back a song they dropped for a few shows and drop a song (SUC, perhaps?) that isn't being well received by the audience.

You know what's ironic?

While there are parts of the Popmart tour that I just love (like the intro), I usually end up bored halfway through the shows when I listen to or watch the bootlegs. I don't know what it is.

And yet .... AND YET ... it's one of those tours that was so well-documented, there are a buttload of radio broadcast or soundboard audio bootlegs, and pro-shot video bootlegs. Why couldn't it have been Zoo TV with so many awesome bootlegs?

Oh, the humanity.

*this comment brought to you as a result of obssessively organizing one's ridiculous bootleg collection

Are you kidding? If they play it in any of the first few shows, I'll be over this site proclaiming that I have seen the light, dancing a happy dance of joys, and then ending here, proffering my short ass up for my well-deserved punishment.

And smiling the whole time.

i always like a positive attitude.

when you sell them, can i have your tickets?

Let me tell you something, my friend. I nitpick and whine out of love for the band.

And yet ... AND YET! ... I still love going to the shows and have an amazing time.

So no, I will not be selling any of my tickets. :)

AHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

KILL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KILL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clf

Let me tell you something, my friend. I nitpick and whine out of love for the band.

And yet ... AND YET! ... I still love going to the shows and have an amazing time.

So no, I will not be selling any of my tickets. :)

i'm starting to think anyone who regularly recognises my avatar or signature thinks i'm exceptionally bitter about everything u2.

it's not the case! like you said, i'm beating them for their own good whining out of love.

U2 was my favorite band for a very long time, so obviously I'm just hating on them because I want them to be their best.

But that rehearsal setlist is fucking shit.

Back
Top Bottom