Shuttlecock XXXIII: Is Bono Actually Enrico Palazzo? Discuss.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That Pride to SATS section of the Popmart setlist is an absolute snoozefest, that's what. Popmart had a real strong opening, a great end to the main set, and great encores. But the middle of the main set was pretty brutal.

Maybe that's it. I sure enjoyed the concert when I saw them in Wisconsin. But that's before I really got into online fandom and learned how to be completely obssessive. :wink:

That Pride to SATS section of the Popmart setlist is an absolute snoozefest, that's what. Popmart had a real strong opening, a great end to the main set, and great encores. But the middle of the main set was pretty brutal.

definitely. i was just looking at the bootlegs i have to see what cori meant, and you're right. there's some okay stuff in there, but put together it's a grinding halt that is only beaten by stuck in a moment on the 360 tour.

zoo tv on the other hand barely slows down, combined with the good choice of acousticish songs in the middle. at least, on the bootlegs i have.

Isn't it funny? Talk about setlists that aren't varied, and yet ......... AND YET ..... Zoo TV remains one of my favorite tours, and I could watch/listen to the bootlegs over and over.

It was a new thing for them back then, too.

Ah, U2. How I love the way you frustrate and thrill me.

Isn't it funny? Talk about setlists that aren't varied, and yet ......... AND YET ..... Zoo TV remains one of my favorite tours, and I could watch/listen to the bootlegs over and over.
I actually only want to see variation from them because when they go static, for the past four tours, their choices aren't great. If they had a good setlist, I wouldn't care nearly as much about the lack of variation. But they're pretty bad at choosing them.

On ZooTV, though, they put together a great set.

But you're turning illusions with your crucifix.

500full.jpg

Looks like they're still trying to redeem themselves for bombing Pearl Harbor.

I'm somewhat disappointed by the set list as an outsider, but if I went to a show with that exact set I'd have a god damn blast and would be jumping and dancing and screaming and smiling my ass off the entire time.

I've mentioned it before, but I'm really excited for next summer's Chicago show because it will be my first U2 General Admission experience. The two shows I've seen have been from the seats. I feel I've gotta live through the GA thing at least once.

I'm going to rock out very hard at that show. Rock out with my socks on. It's gonna be great.

The show in Philly next July will be my first U2 show ever, and I will be in the GA. I've only done GA once (for The National) and I loved the shit out of it, despite having a foot not suited for such types of standing.

i was so far back in chicago i was fairly confident i could see my house on the second night, and loved the shit out of it. i'd love to do ga at a u2 show, but i don't have the patience to be remotely near the front, but the back of the field doesn't bother me as a spot anyway.

I might do the line and try and be on the outer rail for Seattle, but it's going to be dependent on the weather. June 4th in Seattle is a little too sketchy to rely on nice weather.

I'm going to sneak into Qwest Field the night before and set up folding chairs on the field, and then tell everyone there IS no GA.

I'm shutting down for the night, kids. Thanks for letting me get bitchy every once in a while.

Mwah.

I kind of hate myself for not being able to get excited about the tour. I don't know why, other than I'm obviously insane.

The show in Philly next July will be my first U2 show ever, and I will be in the GA. I've only done GA once (for The National) and I loved the shit out of it, despite having a foot not suited for such types of standing.

Bad feet is one of my main reasons for not liking GA in general. I can't really stand for an entire concert. It makes most small venue shows quite painful at times.

Bad feet is one of my main reasons for not liking GA in general. I can't really stand for an entire concert. It makes most small venue shows quite painful at times.
yeah, exactly. last time i did ga was a small club. thank god it wasn't very full because i was able to limp back to a table to sit and still see what was going on. as much as i think it'd be neat to do ga for u2 just once to see what it's like (and resign myself to being in the back so no stress over camping in line or whatever), i don't think i could.

That's the thing I'm most worried about for next year, as I've never done GA before. I hate standing for long periods of time. I can run very long distances no problem, but that's a very different thing from standing in one spot for hours...

My lower back bothers me more than my feet when standing, but usually in GA I'm moving around enough that it's not a problem.

Once inside, I have no problem sitting my butt down on the field, dirt be damned, because thank you, I'd like to sit. Or, being in the back by the soundboard, or one of the little side enclosures around a light tower or something, there's usually a fence/railing to lean on.

At the music festival I attended on Saturday, I moved about from stage to stage, but as the afternoon wore on, I more or less stayed in the same spot to ensure I was in the front row when Arcade Fire took the stage.

When I woke up on Sunday, I felt so tired and sore, and realized that I am no longer in my 20s. I'm not sure my body could handle many more years of doing GA at concerts.

I expect to need a full day of rest after doing GA in Seattle next summer. Probably a good thing I have seats for Minneapolis.

Also, I dance/jump pretty hard during U2 shows, so it's hard to tell what I'm actually sore from. If my calves are screaming, it's because I pogo'd too hard during Elevation or Streets.

Once inside, I have no problem sitting my butt down on the field, dirt be damned, because thank you, I'd like to sit. Or, being in the back by the soundboard, or one of the little side enclosures around a light tower or something, there's usually a fence/railing to lean on.

Yeah, I'll definitely have no problem sitting at all. I don't care how dirty it may be - I want to save my legs for dancing when U2 is on. I'll most likely be back by the soundboard anyway. :)

Back
Top Bottom