Shuttlecock XXXIII: Is Bono Actually Enrico Palazzo? Discuss.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently, we now have a goalie, that's what. And you what this means, right? That you can keep this username for at least the next two years.

I might drop the 11. Koivu was my favourite player, but as a captain he presided over a pretty depressing time in franchise history.

Maybe I'll add Cammalleri's number, since he is absolutely awesome in every way. Once I can finally spell his name correctly from memory......

[brag]

One of my former students apparently has nine full-ride college athletic scholarships to choose from. I think they're for the school year after this upcoming one. (I never know how old my former students are. This kid's still in fifth grade as far as I'm concerned.)

[/brag]

I sometimes forget how big college ball is in the US. In Canada we barely see 150 people at a college hockey game, let alone a college football game. :lol:

quite something to wake up to overseas news headlines that your country has been horribly destroyed by an earthquake while you slept.

put that one down as things you don't want to learn just after having seen tomorrow, when the war began (7.5/10, fyi).

then you check out australian websites and the headlines are "idk i think something happened in new zealand".

Now have emails in my inbox from two aunts and my grandfather, 92 years old and who has the same birthday as me.

Wasn't feeling overwhelmed before, am feeling slightly so now. I guess it was one thing to establish that biodad was out there and kicking, but really weird to realize I have extended family beyond him.

What the hell do you say to people you've never even had a passing thought about? Obviously, at least I'd thought of biodad. This is so weird.

Lest you all think I'm all deep and ponderous and shit now, I should also say that waiting for U2 to announce when they're playing in Ireland next year is stressing me out, because I may or may not be arranging my trip around it.

There's a rumor of October, and if that's true, I'll be pissed, because it will either mean delaying my trip by a month again, or deciding to go as originally planned and not seeing them in Ireland.

Which seems pretty ridicuous. I'd probably hate myself if they were playing there anywhere remotely near my planned dates, and didn't go.

Gosh, my life is so hard, if this is the shit weighing on my mind.

Maybe some gelato will help. I have wine, too ....

That is indeed on my mind. Will definitely weigh options, and would likely tack on another 2-3 days to the trip to allow for the shows.

Could also start the trip with the concerts and then return to Dublin to do my actual sight-seeing over a week later, which would mean the place had cleared out. ;) Start and end my trip in Dublin, rather than into Cork and out of Dublin. I don't mind the idea of tackling the insanity of U2 fans in Dublin, as long as I'm not sacrificing anything else from my trip for it.

At least I have loads of time to plan and make decisions - assuming they don't leave us hanging for months on end. Which I don't think they will.

i'll warn you over a year out, never ever ever ever wear a dublin u2 concert to another u2 gig outside of said dublin show.

i have no idea why, but it makes my blood boil.

edit: arrrgfff i've lost the ability i once had to actually make my posts appear as tongue in cheek as they actually are meant to be.

Ha. No worries - I knew where your tongue was.

I mean, uh ..... :uhoh:

I'm not much for the location-specific shirts anyway, particularly this tour's. Although it might be such a special occasion kind of thing, I might have to buy it no matter what it looks like.

But I don't think I'd wear a U2 shirt to a U2 concert anyway, unless it was some uber-rare one. And unless I looked really cute in it. :wink:

:shame:

i usually get location specific shirts because i'm a completist. i much prefer this tour's location shirts - simple tour logo on the front and stadium diagram and dates on the back to the vertigo ones specific to the cities.

i wore my auckland one once. it's the big v logo with the band standing in front of it, and the dates on the back are jammed right at the top so it looks like an incomplete list.

IMG_5987.JPG

really, who wants to be that guy?

i've thought about wearing a u2 shirt to a u2 concert, but instead i decided to make it look really obvious that i wasn't from chicago...because i'm that guy.

i do remember that i wore my u2 t-shirt to lady gaga. i stood out like a sore thumb.

I wore my Outside Broadcast shirt to some Elevation shows. This was the first tour for me where I didn't buy any merchandise....I wanted a location specific shirt from overseas but, for whatever reason, never pulled the trigger.

Then wouldn't that be every T-shirt? :wink:

Not my old concert tee shirts that are like XXL and hang down to my knees. :lol: I wish I'd kept all my old U2 shirts, even the ones that were giant like that.

I'm wearing my old 80s REM shirt that I love. I have another REM one, and a U2 PopMart shirt (the black one, with their faces on the front).

(But thank you, dear. :kiss: )

Back
Top Bottom