Shuttlecock XXXIII: Is Bono Actually Enrico Palazzo? Discuss. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Out Of Control
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-31-2010, 12:25 AM   #16
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,700
Local Time: 06:09 AM
Hey, fools. I went to Hurricane Ridge today. Took lots of pictures. I'm sure once I get them on my laptop and look at them, they will be 50 pictures of the same thing, but when you're there, you can't stop gawking and taking pictures, because it's so freaking gorgeous.

Lot of driving, though. I don't know that I love my day road trips like I used to. Maybe it was just the traffic that irked me, and having to pay $15 each way for the ferry and then another $15 to get into the park (which does not bug me - I happily pay my fee for the national park system).

Now I'm all tired and junk.
__________________

__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:43 AM   #17
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,332
Local Time: 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
i'm a mind reader
A GODDESS you mean.
__________________

__________________
martha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:55 AM   #18
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,598
Local Time: 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
A GODDESS you mean.
i try.

ooh, you gonna upload pics, cori?
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:58 AM   #19
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,700
Local Time: 06:09 AM
Yeah, I will, probably tomorrow. I'll throw one or two up here, but will have the rest on Facebook.
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:07 AM   #20
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,234
Local Time: 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Hey, fools. I went to Hurricane Ridge today. Took lots of pictures. I'm sure once I get them on my laptop and look at them, they will be 50 pictures of the same thing, but when you're there, you can't stop gawking and taking pictures, because it's so freaking gorgeous.

Lot of driving, though. I don't know that I love my day road trips like I used to. Maybe it was just the traffic that irked me, and having to pay $15 each way for the ferry and then another $15 to get into the park (which does not bug me - I happily pay my fee for the national park system).

Now I'm all tired and junk.
I was only there for a brief couple hours when I was up there last (I forget if it was the day after I met you or before...), but it was indeed freaking gorgeous, especially all covered in snow. Would love to get back there sometime, but no idea when that'll happen.

Speaking of road trips, I've clocked about 35 hours driving on this road trip out to Chicago so far. Got about 12 more to go, though spread out over 2 days. SO glad we decided to go the Pods route instead of renting a U-Haul. Road trips in my car are fun. Road trips in a big van loaded with all my belongings? Not so much.
__________________
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:59 AM   #21
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,661
Local Time: 10:09 AM
The day is finally here!

After some Irish singer's injury ruined my summer concert plans, I've been really looking forward to this Montreal music festival, featuring some of my favourite acts (most of whom will be at Lolla) like The National, Stars and, most importantly, the giants of the local music scene, Arcade Fire.

It should be a great day.
__________________

BoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:11 AM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,700
Local Time: 06:09 AM
I am SO jealous. Have an awesome time!

Dieman, I'd love to get up there when there's snow one of these days. How were the roads going up? What month was that?

I am seriously paranoid of trying to go into the mountains during snowy seasons. I can drive on snow just fine, but those tight corners on some of the turns worry me, and I don't have chains. Also, I'm always terrified of getting caught in a freak snowstorm.

__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:56 PM   #23
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,234
Local Time: 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I am SO jealous. Have an awesome time!

Dieman, I'd love to get up there when there's snow one of these days. How were the roads going up? What month was that?
It was in March. I didn't make it all the way to the top - the roads were fine enough to get me most of the way up before they got a little too slick and snowy, but it looked like it could've started snowing again, and I didn't want to chance getting stuck.

Quote:
I am seriously paranoid of trying to go into the mountains during snowy seasons. I can drive on snow just fine, but those tight corners on some of the turns worry me, and I don't have chains. Also, I'm always terrified of getting caught in a freak snowstorm.

Get yourself some chains, then. I didn't expect to get into any snow when I was there, so I didn't bring chains with me that time, but they bring some serious peace of mind. They also got me into Yosemite when I otherwise would've had to turn back and miss some seriously gorgeous winter scenery.

But you definitely aren't a reject for not wanting to drive winding mountain passes in the snow with no chains. That's just good common sense!
__________________
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:58 PM   #24
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,700
Local Time: 06:09 AM
I'd get chains if I weren't paranoid about going near the mountains in winter/spring, and the chances of getting trapped on the passes in a snowstorm.

If I weren't freaked out by that, I'd have bought chains and gone all over hill and dale in the winters. Maybe after another 10 years out here I'll get over that fear.
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:59 PM   #25
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
I was only there for a brief couple hours when I was up there last (I forget if it was the day after I met you or before...), but it was indeed freaking gorgeous, especially all covered in snow. Would love to get back there sometime, but no idea when that'll happen.

Speaking of road trips, I've clocked about 35 hours driving on this road trip out to Chicago so far. Got about 12 more to go, though spread out over 2 days. SO glad we decided to go the Pods route instead of renting a U-Haul. Road trips in my car are fun. Road trips in a big van loaded with all my belongings? Not so much.
It's funny to me, in a good way, that a little less than a year ago I was doing the same thing, with just the start/finish destinations in reverse.

Glad you're enjoying the drive so far and I hope the last 12 hours on the road are fun and safe.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:05 PM   #26
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,234
Local Time: 08:09 AM
Thanks, Mike. It's been fun so far. Luckily I've got family spread out enough to make good stops along the way. Spent a couple days in beautiful western Wyoming, then a couple in Breckenridge, CO, and now a few in... hot and humid central Nebraska. It is actually prettier then I expected here, surrounded by gently rolling green cornfields, but when the heat makes you not want to go outside, it's hard to appreciate the beauty much.

Give me mountains over plains any day.
__________________
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:10 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,858
Local Time: 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
It might be a fail of a title, but whatever.

Dan will be happy that I didn't go off his post in the last thread and called it Shuttlecock XXXIII: Pfan doesn't have a girlfriend, guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
I was thinking more like Shuttlecock XXXIII: We're emotionally neutral.
While I was trying to set you guys up for some jokes at my expense, I am happy it's not in the title.
__________________
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:11 PM   #28
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,700
Local Time: 06:09 AM
I couldn't bring myself to do it.
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:11 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,858
Local Time: 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Thanks, Mike. It's been fun so far. Luckily I've got family spread out enough to make good stops along the way. Spent a couple days in beautiful western Wyoming, then a couple in Breckenridge, CO, and now a few in... hot and humid central Nebraska. It is actually prettier then I expected here, surrounded by gently rolling green cornfields, but when the heat makes you not want to go outside, it's hard to appreciate the beauty much.

Give me mountains over plains any day.
Is it true that no one lives in Wyoming? I've heard that "officially" it's 500,000 but reality seems to dictate that it's closer to "no one fucking lives here."
__________________
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:11 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,858
Local Time: 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I couldn't bring myself to do it.
And that's why you win.
__________________

__________________
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com