Shuttlecock XXXIII: Is Bono Actually Enrico Palazzo? Discuss.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My first car was a Nissan. I drove that sucker into the ground, and plan on doing the same with my Saturn.

Check this shit out: My first real car was a Saturn, and I drove that shit into the ground - 193k miles or so. And I now plan on doing the same with my Nissan! It's like BIZZARO WORLD! You're on the total opposite side of the country! WTF? And you're a chick - I'm a dude. It's like they made me, and then said REVERSE THAT SHIT! BAM! That's just nuts. Crazy.

My first car was a station wagon. I was in a minor accident when I was still 16 that did some damage, and the car wore down quite fast after that. The gas gauge didn't function, and the inside driver's door handle broke, so I had to get out of the car by rolling down the window and opening the outside handle.

My current car is a Honda. Have yet to have a problem.

My first car was a Saturn (same model as yours, Cori), but it had already had 120k miles on it before I got it, so I only half drove it into the ground.

I love my Mazda3 hatch, though. Had no problems at all in 56k miles, and it still puts a smile on my face to drive it on a winding road.

I'm not at all into cars.

My first car was a Ford Fairmont, forget the year.....my first new car was a 1991 Toyota Tercel, drove that thing for about a decade until it got totaled. I've been driving nothing but Toyota since 1991. Don't tell Roger Sterling.

The car I have now is a little dinged up but I love it.

I'm not at all into cars.

My first car was a Ford Fairmont, forget the year.....my first new car was a 1991 Toyota Tercel, drove that thing for about a decade until it got totaled. I've been driving nothing but Toyota since 1991. Don't tell Roger Sterling.

The car I have now is a little dinged up but I love it.
at least you won't have one accelerate out of control carrying your ego around.

My first car was a brand new Chevy Cobalt that got totaled in a nasty weather-related accident. Now I have a used Pontiac Grand Prix that I'm not particularly a fan of, but it gets me where I need to go.

I'm not into cars, either. I don't have a "dream car," and would have no idea what I'd buy if I won the lottery. Something fun, I guess, but I don't know what.

I'm perfectly happy with used cars. As long as it's reliable and has a decent stereo, I'm set.

I've always bought new and will continue to do so, but, yeah, no dream car here. I always wanted a convertible, that was about it, and I gots one now, albeit a modest one......

It's easy for me to say "always had used cars" because I've only ever had two. :lol:

The used Nissan was a college graduation gift in 1995, and then the Saturn was the first I ever bought, back in 1999.

I was really sad when the Tercel bit the dust. 10 years, and, frankly, even though it looked like mobile chaos towards the end, I wanted to keep driving it....

I sprung for some new (cheap) speakers last year, because one of the original speakers developed a rattle, and I said to myself, "Self, if you're going to be driving this car another 2-3 years, this is completely unacceptable."

Then while I was at it, I bought a new stereo with an iPod jack and CD player to replace the battered old 12-disc changer I had in the trunk.

Which is great, because now I can fit my big suitcase into the trunk when neeeded. :wink:

It's less the stories than the hug avalanche and the increasingly petty issues. I mean, I guess I should avoid it if it annoys me but, sometimes I want to shake some of these people and tell them to snap the fuck out of it.

All I need is a sedan with a good soundsystem. I'm not yet in a position to do my own car shopping. Ironically, the car I drive is probably nicer than anything I'd buy on my own.

my stereo is kinda shit. when i hit a bump on the drive from wellington it adjusted both the volume and balance.
it's so weird how car accidents can fuck up stereos. when my dad had his (don't drive while having a seizure, guys) we lost all sound from the speakers a little bit later. i had a fender bender that hilariously totalled my first car, took out the stereo and put it in my new (to me) car, months later the cd got stuck. needless to say, if i never hear that cd again i'll be a happy khanda.

I sprung for some new (cheap) speakers last year, because one of the original speakers developed a rattle, and I said to myself, "Self, if you're going to be driving this car another 2-3 years, this is completely unacceptable."

Then while I was at it, I bought a new stereo with an iPod jack and CD player to replace the battered old 12-disc changer I had in the trunk.

Which is great, because now I can fit my big suitcase into the trunk when neeeded. :wink:
:up: nice. i think the thing i miss the most about my car was the stereo. well, and in nice weather, the sunroof. but i upgraded my stereo, i think it had a cd player, but it had an ipod thing (it plugged in the dash which meant it was easy to hide while parked and also charged while playing), bluetooth, gps, touch screen, it was nice.

Hey guys, I want it to be fall, but it's still summer. CYBER-HUG ME!!!!!!!!!

I have a sun roof, but it doesn't work anymore. I can open it .... but it doesn't close easily, if at all. So yeah. Alas.

I'm always afraid that if I ever get into an accident (knock on wood), whatever song I'm listening to at the time will be forever tarnished.

So if it ever happens, I hope it's a song I hate.

i was listening to streets when i had my bus accident. back to listening to it while driving in weeks - but that's probably because the bus crash cut short field trip that would have been tremendously boring and instead got to go home early with a cool story.

Back
Top Bottom