Shuttlecock XXXIII: Is Bono Actually Enrico Palazzo? Discuss.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have zero sense of entitlement where U2 are concerned. They owe me fuck all, except, perhaps, to put on a great show.

I've been a fan for over 25 years now and not once have I attempted to get an autograph, let alone meet a band member. I simply have no interest. And even if I did, frankly, I don't feel like competing with a pack of frenzied fans for the band's time. I'm not, at all, pretending like the way I do things is the "right" way, it's just my perspective and if others want to stalk the band, more power to them. I'm sure many of them have fantastic memories that will last a lifetime. For me, the music and the concerts and the fans I've met/come to know via the band will have to suffice.

I have zero sense of entitlement where U2 are concerned. They owe me fuck all, except, perhaps, to put on a great show.

I've been a fan for over 25 years now and not once have I attempted to get an autograph, let alone meet a band member. I simply have no interest. And even if I did, frankly, I don't feel like competing with a pack of frenzied fans for the band's time. I'm not, at all, pretending like the way I do things is the "right" way, it's just my perspective and if others want to stalk the band, more power to them. I'm sure many of them have fantastic memories that will last a lifetime. For me, the music and the concerts and the fans I've met/come to know via the band will have to suffice.

:applaud:

I can understand the desire to interact, or "meet," but I personally don't understand the autograph thing.

I feel very lucky to have been able to have a small moment to say "thank you for the music" (like ABBA sang!) away from the crazy crowds, so maybe I'd feel differently if I hadn't had that.

I can get carried away in bouts of intense silliness and obsessiveness, but at the end of the day I have no illusions about anything and am fully aware that these guys are actual human beings. :)

If I randomly bumped into one of them, I'm sure I'd say something. But I'd never, ever, go out of my way to meet them or any other celebrity. Just not in my DNA, that desire.

The only thing I've obsessed over is the music. So much so that it compensates for whatever other obsessions I don't indulge in. :)

I'm positively terrified of meeting one of them or any celebrity. The only entitlement I feel is if they say they are going to release something, to release it when they say they will. NLOTH's delay kind of irked me.

Anyway, it's stuff like what Cori posted that really pisses me off, yet scares me at the same time. I've seen it firsthand while waiting in the GA line. Why do these people have this sense of entitlement? Where does it come from? Why can't they see that they're being friggin' ridiculous?
i totally agree. though u2 fans are hardly the only to act like this, of course. i could bore you all with stories of fans of other bands (gee i wonder who :giggle:) but i won't. :wink: but yes, the sense of entitlement among some fans is absolutely scary. i've no idea why any fan thinks they should get to sit and have a 20 minute chat with a musician as they're entering the stadium where they're playing later.

Ha ha haaa! I didn't even think of that. I was too busy getting all excited. :lol:

Fun setlist today. I'm a happy little U2 fan.

spank.gif

No, I know what you were getting at. My "absolutely nothing" was meant as jokey, not snippy or anything. Should have added a winky to that post, too. :)

I went back to U2.com to look at that thread to see if anyone else was as appalled as I was. But no, apparently not.

... at least, as far as I could tell - that site layout is so freaking hard to read, the posts and quotes all jumble together.

Wisely, I left the site and didn't take it upon myself to give her the unholy smackdown. :wink:

I actually sometimes quite enjoy U2's live acoustic versions of songs, but that recent version of No Line really didn't do the song justice for me.

Who are you talking about?

Oh, the poster who I ranted about a few days ago and then prompted your own rant. I had just been curious to see if anyone over there had the same reaction.

I watched some of the Hannover DVD I downloaded last night. I spent most of it making this face:

2akcsw0.gif

Back
Top Bottom