Oteha Valley Road, Tāmaki-makau-rau, Te Ika-a-Māui Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caught some of that Stars game. Not enough, though, to figure out what the fuck went wrong with the Stars, especially since the Heat had neither of the Bash Brothers! Brisbane were so fucking vulnerable, how did they win that?

I tuned in at 7/2 (2/7 in the terrible way Aussies score it) after too many overs. So I think I missed the majority of what really went wrong. They lost a LOT of wickets as I watched but generally looked alright.

Despite the result I would hardly suggest Brisbane marched to the total, apparently it was a rather challenging pitch.

Holy shit
Though I mostly live on Facebook, I come around here every so often.

You know what reminded me to today? It is/was Axver's birthday, and I got an email that someone had commented on my livejournal, which I haven't logged into or had any activity on in almost a decade. I was like "Man, whatever happened to LJ?" And then I was like "oh yeah, Intereference!"

Though I mostly live on Facebook, I come around here every so often.

You know what reminded me to today? It is/was Axver's birthday, and I got an email that someone had commented on my livejournal, which I haven't logged into or had any activity on in almost a decade. I was like "Man, whatever happened to LJ?" And then I was like "oh yeah, Intereference!"

Oh by the way, good work on the qualification. That's awesome.

I'm taking a health science technology program that will get me a few different low-level health career certifications. The next one I'm going for (and probably what will be my chosen career) is phlebotomy. Phlebotomists are the ones that stick you in the vein with a needle and take away your blood. So basically I'm going to be a vampire.

Hmmm Airways NZ just sent me an aptitude test for becoming an air traffic controller. If I ultimately get through the process I have to train in Palmerston North (!!!!!!!) and obviously with my dad commute on days off to see him in Auckland, and maintain the flat.

Not to mention my current studies.

I am going to have to have a big think on bailing now and an assured situation, or whether I gamble on an expensive passion.

I'm taking a health science technology program that will get me a few different low-level health career certifications. The next one I'm going for (and probably what will be my chosen career) is phlebotomy. Phlebotomists are the ones that stick you in the vein with a needle and take away your blood. So basically I'm going to be a vampire.

Please just be better than the poor woman who took my blood after surgery a few years ago. It wasn't her fault but for some absurd reason the only time she found a vein it became a horror film.

Please just be better than the poor woman who took my blood after surgery a few years ago. It wasn't her fault but for some absurd reason the only time she found a vein it became a horror film.
You might just have terrible veins. I won't get to stick anyone until toward the end of the year, so I don't know yet if I'll be good at it, but I think I will. I have pretty good dexterity. I can stick a sewing needle precisely into the correct spot on fabric, and skin is the same, right?!

You might just have terrible veins. I won't get to stick anyone until toward the end of the year, so I don't know yet if I'll be good at it, but I think I will. I have pretty good dexterity. I can stick a sewing needle precisely into the correct spot on fabric, and skin is the same, right?!

I got a hell of a lot of blood drawn during that time. It was probably a bad day, or bad timing. I never ever felt like it was a bad job or effort. Just shit happens and you move on.

You'll do fine. Nothing beats confidence

Did I miss a Chass visit? :(

Also hahaha I hadn't thought about LiveJournal in years either.

Hmmm Airways NZ just sent me an aptitude test for becoming an air traffic controller. If I ultimately get through the process I have to train in Palmerston North (!!!!!!!) and obviously with my dad commute on days off to see him in Auckland, and maintain the flat.

Not to mention my current studies.

I am going to have to have a big think on bailing now and an assured situation, or whether I gamble on an expensive passion.

Mate, we know you'd love air traffic control. Do it. You know I'd work on the railways if my eyes weren't so shit.

I'm trying to get tickets to Chicago. It's a 1 and a half hour car ride to the station, and then a 5 and a half hour train ride to get me to the city. I can't GA, so I'll likely end up in the nosebleeds.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm trying to get tickets to Chicago. It's a 1 and a half hour car ride to the station, and then a 5 and a half hour train ride to get me to the city. I can't GA, so I'll likely end up in the nosebleeds.

Good luck! Reckon you'll do both Chicago shows? I'm doing Berlin and hopefully London, but got locked out of tickets for the first London gig. That sale was madness.

And I'm currently working on plans for a trip in March that will involve time in Chicago, but my problem is I keep spotting new train rides I want to do and I keep reminding myself I should allow some time to see the cities I pass through. :lol:

This is why being a grown-ass responsible adult is over-rated.

But yeah, I've decided to throw down my savings on travel this year. I'd considered using it as deposit for a house when I move to Wollongong, but fuck it, seeing the world is a better idea, and there are perks to renting when your career requires an expectation of mobility.

Yeah, I'm pretty much rooted into the earth. I've lived in the same city my entire life, and never travelled away for more than a week at a time. Hell, I can practically see the hospital I was born in from my house (not really, but I can see the helicopter landing light in the distance), and will probably end up working there when I get my career going.

Hah, that's amazing. I had at least hoped to continue my career at the university where I did (almost) all of my undergrad, but no such luck there! I will now have lived in each of New Zealand, Queensland, and Victoria for a decade. Does this mean that I'll be in NSW until I'm forty, and then I'm off to, I don't know, South Australia?

I would be very tempted if a European uni made me an offer...

But this may all be moot if Trump launches the nukes by the end of the weekend.

You weren't thinking on my level.

The state itself is fantastic. Beaches? Yes. Mountains? Yes. A rather cool major city? Yes. A state that knows to use air-con to ensure you can cut diamonds with your nipples? Yes.

I'm not sure how people manage to live in Sydney. You look up rent there and it's enough to give you a heart attack.

Yeah, the good thing about living in a small city in a state with a low cost of living is that our 1200 square foot house with three bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms, fenced in yard, garage, and carport was bought for $85,000.

The thing I learned while looking for a house was that in my area, houses that aren't falling down start at $60,000 minimum. Nice houses are closer to $90,000. Really nice houses/new construction are $200,000+. It's rare to see anything in my area over $600,000.

Holy fuck. Good luck even getting a mediocre 2-bedroom apartment in Brunswick for under half a million dollarydoos.

Our house was built in 1962 and has only had one owner before us. The lady died (not in the house, but rather at a nursing home) and her family fixed up the house a bit (new carpet to replace the 70s shag) and then put it on the market. The appliances were included, AND this old lady had been highly organized because we also got an envelope with all the owner's manuals for the appliances, as well as the dates they were purchased and the original price paid. My refrigerator is from 1993 and the washing machine is from 1981 (and still works great because they don't make them like they used to).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom