In this topic we will all "talk" with our regional accents...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Y'all 'er jus' craizee - and whudda you mean, ah got uh axe cent??? :confused:

( :madspit: Damn, I even hate the way that sounds when I type it! And I'm Southern born & bred!!! Those thick-as-molasses accents just grate my nerves, whether they're genuine or a bad Hollywood version. :rant: )

Last edited:
Ahh think th' Suuuuuuthern ax -cent is akchully dah'n.

(I know what you mean BluRmGrl. I was born in the South & have lived here most of my life. NO ONE any where near here speaks with a Southern accent any more. I've about lost mine too! )

Ay up. Am feeling a bit queer today love. Woh gippin al nite so am not garn art cos am jiggered. Shame like, cos it be a rite crackin nite art.

Moet dit dan in het Nederlands?
Dat kan het merendeel niet verstaan! :p

En nee, het steenkolen-Engels van de Nederlanders kan ik niet beschrijven.

I always get my sin.
:D

Luckit all y'all with yer axe-sents. I'm suthurn, shur, but ah don't hahve that "suthurn bell" thang hapnen, ah juss sound more lahk a hick.

(Actually, I hope mine's really not that bad in reality. I don't think it is, anyway. But I do use the term "y'all" whenever I can :happy: )

I'm english and all english people talk properly! :wink:

Ahh, what the hell, I'm bored:

I do not have this accent, but I can point you in the direction of people that do:

Oye meng, guat ees dis tread, mang? Es nada buh stereotypes. Nah, I don like dat. Half da ppl (ugh, that hurt me) dat post here ain never been to Miami, bro, da U2 don know wha dey are talking abou een dat song, Miami. Mang, you don even know the crazy shit that goes on aqui, meng.

MENG. BRO. MENG. :mad:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
...I do use the term "y'all" whenever I can :happy: )

:raiseshand: Yeah, I'll admit it - I say "y'all" all the time, too. Of course, I also say "you guys" regardless of whether I'm talking to all males or a mixed group. I remember being in high school, talking to a bunch of my girl friends & saying something to the effect of, "So whatta' you guys want to do?" And one of my friends getting all pissy about me calling her a guy... I mean, damn - it's just a phrase of speech, not a comment on how out of control the hair on your upper lip ihas become! :grumpy: :lol:

love_u2_adam said:
i like it eh.......holy cramp hockey is on...flames vs. the sharks...i gotta hook the radio up eh and get the dog sled out:hyper:

:huh:

LOL what does that mean in ya old english ?

" holy cramp " im gonna use that in college tommoz

Batman%20and%20Robin.jpg

HOLY SMOKES BATMAN

vaz02 said:

I went outside today and i had quite a fright.

That sounds jolly frightful, my dear!

(This could go on for hours.. :lol:)

Wha' are yis all talkin' abou', sounds to mise like yis are all talkin' bollocks abou' no'hin', an' look a' mise, i'm a'ter comin' inta your thread an' I ge' this typa greetin', I'm shocked and appalled y'all

^ oh by the way partygirl, I don't know if ya saw it but I made a reply to your thread in free you mind the other day, really interesting thread

Last edited:
^An Irish person using "y'all" ???? Din't know it couuuud be duuun

:lol: at this thread

^ wha' I say y'all all da feckin' time, don' ya be tellin' me wha' I do wi'h me own vocabulary mis'er, y'all can go ta 'ell

BluRmGrl said:
:raiseshand: Yeah, I'll admit it - I say "y'all" all the time, too. Of course, I also say "you guys" regardless of whether I'm talking to all males or a mixed group. I remember being in high school, talking to a bunch of my girl friends & saying something to the effect of, "So whatta' you guys want to do?" And one of my friends getting all pissy about me calling her a guy... I mean, damn - it's just a phrase of speech, not a comment on how out of control the hair on your upper lip ihas become! :grumpy: :lol:
Oh, I do that too! Also, I use "y'all" so much that a friend bought me a shirt that says "What part of Y'ALL don't you understand?"

originally from jersey & I used ta say "wooter," but changed it to "water" in high school when I did theater. Still say "Clinh*-uhn" and "Trenh*-uhn." :)

Ummmm I'm gonna try this but most of the slang we say in NZ can be pretty hard to spell :laugh: :

Chur bro, this thread is funny eh? Ho au it's *%$@en hard to spell these words! I waz at class dis morning far it was boring as man! I'm dressed like a bogan from Wainuiomata today :D.

:lmao: :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom