In this topic we will all "talk" with our regional accents...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ooh I've never heard her say robots haha. She does say pavement though :yes: And tomahto. Now I have to ask her.

Sometimes I tease her when she says 'cahn't' and then she'll try to say 'cant' with an American accent and I'm like forget it!! You sound better when you say 'cahn't' :lol:

I dont know what Biltong is but I'll ask her that too.

Varitek said:
Yi's all think it's "pahk the cah in havahd yahd" but yeh all say it wrong and look like re-re's. An while yehr oveh thehe when yeh go teh Hehrell's make sure yeh know what yeh gettin when yeh awdeh a milkshake, cuz I think yeh wanted a frappe. Oh and can we remembeh that it's fuckin' jimmies? Yeh wieahdos ah always sayin sprinkles like it's drizzlin a little out. Speakin a rain, Ah'm goin down cellah teh check on the pump.
:lol: :love:

I'm ya naybuh down sout' from Rho Dielin. We yachoolly have ah rown Rho Dielin Dikchunavy, cuz we ah so proud of the way we too-wak.

For lunch I had some pizzer anna soder, and then I went to th'bank and made a withdrawrrel. When I was pahhkin my cahh, I saw my frienz Chevvul an Vinnie!

You can have ya frappe but I'm gonna go get a nAwful Awful at the Cream-ree. Right afta rI finish my Dunkin Donits ice coowffee. Yeah, it's like 20 dugreez out, but Dunkin Donits owns my soul!

(This was hard because I'm trying to put my R's back where they belong and take them out of where I don't, since moving to Indianer- I mean, Indiana. :shifty: A customer at my bank asked if I was from New Jersey, so I decided to work on sounding a little less East Coast after that.)

I stopped off fer a soft pretzel and a wooder over at the Wawa, then went down to the Iggles game. I was in the parkin' lot after the game and some assholes decided it would be smart to throw some cigarettes at my car. It was then that I went fuckin' POWERJUICE. Then I went to a hotel and cawt some Z's on a cot. Then I wished May-ree a murry Christmas and a good time getting mah-reed. And then I went POWERJUICE again.

My accent progressed a little bit this summer, I'll have to post it in here when I've figured out how to type it. I've more or less stopped pronouncing the "th" sound on the fronts of most "th" words. I spent a lot of time with the relatives.

"Th" becomes just a "T," and even sometimes a soft "D."

So, "those guys" sounds like "tose guys." Only it's not as strong sounding as a New York accent, which I obviously don't have because I pronounce the letter R.

Oi, whaz this all about, hey? Bugger me if I haven't seen such shit in me life from you blimmin' yanks. Mate, those Catters are a bit of all roight, hey! Seen 'em play, flat out like a lizard drinkin'. Other teams in a worse spot than the early settlers, too roight.

Good Lord, I'm posting in the game forum.

Howzit. In Suth-Africa we genrully tork like this. For some reason, people in Canada think I'm a bladdy Pommie. Yissus. I cahn't understand why they'd think that. Just because I say tomahto. When I speak to new people, I can see them trying to place my accent. And true's Bob, they ahsk what bladdy part of England I'm from.

And since I've lived in Newfoundland for a while...

Hows ya gettin on b'y!? Lor' tunderin Jaysus, Mary was some crooked today up to the university, wurn't she? My son, them friggin mainlanders...

I really lorve the Sith Ufrican Accent.
:love:

Schmeg, have you been out and about in Indianer to hear the down-home natives talk about "pooting the feesh in the deesh and goin' down to the crick to warsh it off"? :wave:

Back
Top Bottom