Gnaw Bone, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was walking downtown this morning and saw a couple of cop cars parked on the block I was walking down, and a cop standing on the sidewalk talking to a citizen. As I got closer and passed by, I saw that the window of a tuxedo rental store (called Mr. Penguin) had been smashed, and broken glass littered the sidewalk. I went on my way, assuming that perhaps a mentally disturbed person had broken the window, or someone had tried to steal something in the most destructive way possible.

Turns out a turkey flew through the window, and was disturbing the peace at various locations downtown.

I was walking downtown this morning and saw a couple of cop cars parked on the block I was walking down, and a cop standing on the sidewalk talking to a citizen. As I got closer and passed by, I saw that the window of a tuxedo rental store (called Mr. Penguin) had been smashed, and broken glass littered the sidewalk. I went on my way, assuming that perhaps a mentally disturbed person had broken the window, or someone had tried to steal something in the most destructive way possible.

Turns out a turkey flew through the window, and was disturbing the peace at various locations downtown.

This is amazing, and exactly what I have always assumed happens in Kentucky.

This is amazing, and exactly what I have always assumed happens in Kentucky.

This is the first time we've had a turkey incident that I know of. But a deer did crash through the window of a bank by my house and then got stuck inside the office it landed in when I was a kid.

I do live in the city, but we had enough wooded area in and around the city that there's plenty of wildlife.

A small city, I might add. Surrounded by rural areas, and so my city is full of a lot of people that think they are hot shit but have no idea what a real city is like.

Example. Not too far from my neighborhood there was a Coca-Cola bottling plant that opened before the Second World War. At some time when I was a teen or so, it closed and production moved to a new building. The original building is a stunning piece of architecture and considered something of a local treasure.

So in the last few years it's been restored and new businesses have been taking up residence in the building, leaving all the historical Coca-Cola motifs in place. We've got a brewery/bar, a coffee and tea shop, a yoga studio, an art gallery, and most recently a Mellow Mushroom has opened up.

Mellow Mushroom is a stoner-themed gourmet pizza joint whose food is AMAZING. Buuuut, the Coca-Cola plant has very limited parking, meaning during peak hours at the restaurant, people might have to park a WHOLE city block away and walk. Some people in my city are absolutely outraged by the idea of not being to park within a few steps of the front door. A gym across the road is allowing non-members to use their parking lot for a fee of $5 per four hours, and people are equally outraged by the notion of paying for parking.

I just want to be like "....try going to any other city, you'll pay out the nose for parking and still have to walk a half a mile"

I just want to be like "....try going to any other city, you'll pay out the nose for parking and still have to walk a half a mile"
seriously. when i go downtown for concerts here, i have to pay $8 to park and end up walking a couple blocks. that's just how it is. there's cheaper/free parking that's even further away, but given that these concerts end at 2 am, by that point i know i won't want to walk that far and am willing to pay for some convenience. but even for restaurants downtown, there's no guaranteed parking.

i also wasn't a big fan of mellow mushroom when i went.

I'm the guy who walks an hour to and from gigs, so I always think people need to harden up about walking a block or two.

My main problem is that once I've walked the same route quite a few times in a short time period, I start to get bored of it. Sometimes it's easy to take the next main road, but there are some points where there really isn't much of a choice - because there's only one road with a bridge over a river, or any alternative is much more circuitous - so sometimes I've ended up taking a tram or bus anyway.

I have no memory of this, but apparently this was a thing seven years ago.

DDAMzlg.jpg

I blame your baby-Adam hair.

The cops shut the party down
I got open handed slapped by a flatmate
Someone broke a mirror by failing to snort cocaine properly
I woke up in a lei and I'm covered with glow in the dark paint

Good night really.

I have no memory of this, but apparently this was a thing seven years ago.

DDAMzlg.jpg

I blame your baby-Adam hair.

Holy shit. :ohmy:

It's hilarious/sad. In my teens/start of my twenties, I had such a bad self-image I was convinced nobody would be interested in me. I have subsequently realised this made me oblivious to multiple interested parties.

The cops shut the party down
I got open handed slapped by a flatmate
Someone broke a mirror by failing to snort cocaine properly
I woke up in a lei and I'm covered with glow in the dark paint

Good night really.

HOLY SHlT. :ohmy:

Holy shit. :ohmy:

It's hilarious/sad. In my teens/start of my twenties, I had such a bad self-image I was convinced nobody would be interested in me. I have subsequently realised this made me oblivious to multiple interested parties.

The ironic thing about that post is that I literally once said the same thing about my current boyfriend/love of my life. I was like "our love can never be, because I love peanuts too much" (years and years ago). But here we are, three years in.

As long as the allergy isn't one of those crazy ones where the person dies just from the smell of a peanut within a 10km radius, it's really pretty easy to work around.

That said, my colleagues almost inadvertently killed me on Friday! We went to this bakery and were so concerned to make sure the cake we wanted was gluten free for another colleague that we didn't check it didn't contain nuts. Why would a strawberry and watermelon cake have those, yeah? Name didn't tip me off at all. Got a couple of bites in. "Uh... guys?"

So that meant more cake for them, which may have been the plot all along.

As long as the allergy isn't one of those crazy ones where the person dies just from the smell of a peanut within a 10km radius, it's really pretty easy to work around.

That said, my colleagues almost inadvertently killed me on Friday! We went to this bakery and were so concerned to make sure the cake we wanted was gluten free for another colleague that we didn't check it didn't contain nuts. Why would a strawberry and watermelon cake have those, yeah? Name didn't tip me off at all. Got a couple of bites in. "Uh... guys?"

So that meant more cake for them, which may have been the plot all along.

Had a similar situation recently. Jake loves Cheezits, and they're normally perfectly safe for him. His mom had picked up some packs of Cheezit cracker sandwiches with cheese filling. Everything about them seemed safe. Neither Jake or I checked the label because Cheezits are normally safe, and we assumed his mom did.

Turns out the cheese filling was made with peanut butter for no damn reason. He's halfway through munching one, while driving no less, when he realizes that there's an odd flavor. I quickly checked the label. He spat out the cracker and rinsed his mouth out. I made him gargle vinegar. He had a very mild mouth swelling, and everything was okay.

But yeah, fuck you Cheezits.

Had a similar situation recently. Jake loves Cheezits, and they're normally perfectly safe for him. His mom had picked up some packs of Cheezit cracker sandwiches with cheese filling. Everything about them seemed safe. Neither Jake or I checked the label because Cheezits are normally safe, and we assumed his mom did.

Turns out the cheese filling was made with peanut butter for no damn reason. He's halfway through munching one, while driving no less, when he realizes that there's an odd flavor. I quickly checked the label. He spat out the cracker and rinsed his mouth out. I made him gargle vinegar. He had a very mild mouth swelling, and everything was okay.

But yeah, fuck you Cheezits.

I did a similar thing with a delicious dessert when I was in Adelaide earlier this month. Problem was, I ate half of it before I realised something was off. Gee the swelling that night was a party. All hail antihistamines.

I may be a heavy goddamn drinker but I can't recall ever drinking enough to make part of me go numb.

I thought a helicopter was about to land in the yard

One (military) had to land next to my local grocery store once because it was having problems. I guess my city was having a slow news day, and so they mentioned it on the news.

I live by the hospital though, so air-ambulances are a common thing for me to hear/see.

One (military) had to land next to my local grocery store once because it was having problems. I guess my city was having a slow news day, and so they mentioned it on the news.

I live by the hospital though, so air-ambulances are a common thing for me to hear/see.

I live by the Air Force Base and not far from the hospital. I see some things where I have to double take.

If only I got paid for it!

...I probably shouldn't think about how much work time I've spent on here over the years... :uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom