Gnaw Bone, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Practicing good hand hygiene is the best way to avoid spreading anything. Wash your hands, don't touch your mucous membranes, sneeze into your shoulder.

I am a nursing assistant since last month, and did my course specifically in long term care with seniors.

Naturally.

The home recently didn't let my dad attend a memorial service for someone as he had a chest infection and they wanted to protect the other residents. I'm figuring I'm just an extension of the policy right now.

Plus I feel like shit and don't fancy driving or catching multiple buses. It took me way too long to get up and have a shower today.

It took me way too long to get up and have a shower today.

I have days like that.

The worst part is that in the evenings I like to take baths. I will soak for a while and get so comfortable that the thought of finishing washing and getting out and drying off and getting dressed and dealing with my hair is just so daunting that I just keep soaking until the water starts going cold, and then I add more hot.... and the next thing you know, I've been in the bath for two hours and the water bill has jumped through the roof.

Every time I think I'm about to take a quick trip to the library next to my office it turns into at least half an hour.

Every time I think I'm about to take a quick trip to the library next to my office it turns into at least half an hour.

Well that's because books are glorious things that deserve proper reverence.

And thanks, you've reminded me that the local biannual Friends of the Library used book sale is this weekend. I am gonna buy so many books. Small paperbacks for 50 cents, all other books 1 dollar. They even have DVDS and CDs for $1 each (never anything good though). Last day of the sale is "as much as you can cram into a paper grocery bag for $4"

The trick is for me to get there before my friend Amanda, because last time she bought like 50 books before I could get there.

Oh god, those book sales are dangerous. A few years ago I was visiting my mother in New South Wales and a local charity was doing a big book sale along similar lines. They had these unbelievable editions of Russian classics for next to nothing.

Problem: I had to fly back to Victoria and had only so much space in my suitcase.

It put a real cramp on how many I could buy. :(

It's called buying it anyway, and having mum mail it to you.

Have you seen how much Australia Post charges! By that point I might as well have just found them in Melbourne and saved some money.

In the end I bought all the ones I really wanted and left the rest that I would've just got as an insufferable book collector/hoarder. Only juuuust snuck in under the bag weight limit. In fact, I think it was a shade over but within the margin of error so they let it through.

God I had the worst case of phantom phone vibration tonight. How do I know it was phantom? Because my phone, which is habitually set to mute (not vibrate!) was in my hand while I was on Facebook messenger. The noise was coming from my left.

Last edited:
Hahaha. The amount of times I think my phone has vibrated in my pocket at work when I can see it lying on my desk beside my keyboard is just ridiculous.

My sheets sat in the bottom of the hamper for almost three weeks before I finally got them done yesterday. Luckily we have like four sets of them.

I have no idea how I did this, but my first take was "My friends shat at the bottom of the hamper".

Now I'm having flashbacks to a certain episode of Black Books...

My sheets sat in the bottom of the hamper for almost three weeks before I finally got them done yesterday. Luckily we have like four sets of them.

I got rid of my old sheets when I moved so I have one really nice set (plus excess seems pointless) although I might increase that for winter.

Plus I may be sharing the room at some point and don't want to look too lazy...

We had to buy new bed supports and they were delivered today, so in the next couple of days we'll have to take the bed apart entirely to change from the half broken supports to the new ones, I suppose I'll change the sheets again then, so it's good I finally got the other set washed.

So picture my bed: it's basically a four-poster bed with big square wooden posts. The mattress and stuff though is supported by metal rails with support legs underneath.

We had to have electrical work done on all the receptacles. There's one behind the giant headboard, so we pulled the bed away from the wall so the electrician could get back there. When we pulled the giant bed two feet across the hardwood floor, the feet supporting the middle of the bed did not want to move, and bent back instead. One ended up breaking off entirely at the weld when we tried to straighten it.

Not the first time I've broken a bed, but definitely a less interesting way to do it.

I've broken one bed (too fat!) Plus I've severely damaged another.

The second one might have been as fun as sex. What do you do with an item that is due to be thrown out and you have a second floor balcony?

I'll never forget a friend who was marking an exam in which students had to distinguish between efficiency and effectiveness. One response simply used the example of moving a desk out of an office - throwing it through an eighth floor window, they argued, would be efficient but not effective.

He got a zero for the question because he stated literally nothing else than this unjustified example.

I'll never forget a friend who was marking an exam in which students had to distinguish between efficiency and effectiveness. One response simply used the example of moving a desk out of an office - throwing it through an eighth floor window, they argued, would be efficient but not effective.

He got a zero for the question because he stated literally nothing else than this unjustified example.

I know some people in an office at Newmarket who decided to get rid of the dud office barbecue by relocating it to the office carpark from the fifth floor using gravity alone.

I also did something similar with a bookshelf at home that I was taking down to the skip we had on our back parking area that our balcony overlooked. It had stairs with a 90 degree turn and a landing halfway down.

I was doing it myself, and by the time I reached the landing I was getting annoyed and realised "fuck, we're tossing this anyway". I nearly got it in the skip which wasn't a shabby throw.

I have a real ethical dilemma about whether to see Crystal Castles on their forthcoming tour. On the one hand I like their music. On the other hand, reading between the lines on Alice Glass's departure it's pretty clear Ethan Kath is an abusive sack of shit.

Back
Top Bottom