Forum Name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pick your favourite forum name

• Communication...talk to each other

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Endless Deep

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Do Just What You Please

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Where The Forum Has No Name

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • My Shelter and My Shade

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Can't shut me up!

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • The Passengers

• Out Of Control: Home of the Blue Craic

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Mission: Impossible

• Talk Without Speaking

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • All Kinds Of Chaos

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Tangle of a Conversation

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Utoo said:
I propose:

- "Chizip's Mansion"

or

- "Chizip's Dream (It All Up Again)"

:lol:

no offense Utoo, but frankly I'm a little sick of people thinking this forum was created solely because of my bitching. I was not the only one in favor of this, there were several threads in DES suggesting the same thing with lots of support. This has been an ongoing debate for a loooong time now, so this was not a hastily made decision based on one or two people complaining. Here is a thread suggesting a new forum from a few months ago that I didn't even freakin post in: http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145103&highlight=chat Yet people continue to assume it was just me bitching.

Frankly I laugh at the notion that this was all my doing. It's not a big secret that the people who run this board aren't too fond of me. I'm sure it killed Elvis to give in on an idea that a "forum terrorist" supported, so he must have had his own good reasons to do so.

Just wanted to get that off my chest.

PS - I think Talk without Speaking is a cool name.

Last edited:
Chizip said:

no offense Utoo, but frankly I'm a little sick of people thinking this forum was created solely because of my bitching. I was not the only one in favor of this, there were several threads in DES suggesting the same thing with lots of support.

None taken & sorry about the assumption. :yes:

The Passengers :reject:

I guess me and a couple others liked the idea :uhoh:

I really like The Passengers or The Wanderers or something. :shrug:
I'm pretty indifferent over the name, but the leading ones right now sound alright. :hmm:

arw9797 said:
Talk Without Speaking reminds me of another name that was a tad on the insulting side.........

I understand why some might say that or see it like that.

Talk without speaking can be viewed or looked at as a tad insulting.

I didn't mean it as an insult at all.
I was interpretating it in a different way.

At first I was thinking about the name:

"Talk without speaking.
Scream without raising your voice."

That seemed a bit too long though.
So I dropped the last part.
However it would have been better to see where I was coming from.

A lot of chatting, talking, speaking, conversations (whatever you wanna call it), going on here, but you don't hear voices. There's no sound.
It's all typed text.

That's what I was trying to say with: "Talk without speaking".

Last edited:
Miringeltje said:
A lot of chatting, talking, speaking, conversations (whatever you wanna call it), going on here, but you don't hear voices. There's no sound.
It's all typed text.
That's what I was trying to say with: "Talk without speaking".

That's how I saw it all along. :shrug:

To take a lyric from 'When I Look At The World', my idea is this:

All Kinds Of Chaos

After all, the describe threads and the games and whatnot, is all very chaotic. I think it's a good name for this forum.

I still don't know which I would like most out of those listed. Maybe the list should be redone and add more and remove the ones less-wanted?
I'm leaning most towards the TWS one though, I think Out Of Control is best by itself too. Sounds better when it's just that, imo.

I think with all the drama that this forum birthed, it should be called "Not part of the crowd, But not feeling alone" ala 'Two Shots of Happy One Shot Of Sad' :drool:

Last edited:
Sicy said:
Interesting how Talk without speaking suddenly has so many votes. :eyebrow:

the rockin edge said:
you can see who voted for what right?

maybe a case like the thread rating issue?

:shrug:

WOW!
What are you saying?
The results have been tempered with?

Don't look at me.
I checked before I made my last post and it was already on 16 votes then.
Besides I haven't even voted yet!

Could it be that perhaps some chat - "haters" might vote for it, because it can be understood as "a tad insulting"?

Last edited:
Or maybe "The Jungle Is Your Head" or "Your Mind Can Wander" from 'Vertigo' :wink:

Lot's of U2 lyrics to ponder, making it hard, thanks alot Bono! :madspit:

maybe a lot of people like it? it might not be some huuuuuuge conspiracy. besides, i'm sure elvis has the ability to see who could vote for what if things really start to look fishy.

KhanadaRhodes said:
maybe a lot of people like it? it might not be some huuuuuuge conspiracy. besides, i'm sure elvis has the ability to see who could vote for what if things really start to look fishy.
Something does smell fishy... oh wait I'm posting right after you Kuh. :wink: OH SNAP!

On Topic: I like the forum names?

KhanadaRhodes said:

Could be. That's fine. I actually don't mind any name at this point. But I'd be somewhat amused if the Chat Thread haters gang voted here... and won.

wouldn't suprise me, they pretty much win every other battle they want. but anywayyyyyyyy.....

I like Endless Deep too, short and to the point. Darn so many to choose from. and no, Mooooooooo is the worst :madwife:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom