Boonoo Boonoo River, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shall we tour English cricket grounds next thread? Chester-le-Street sounds like a good place.

I can support this.

My biggest fear about going back to uni is having a classmate saying "hey! I saw you on Tinder!"

And yet again I'm in a female dominated degree.

It could happen.

I really don't want it to.

I have colleagues on Tinder who are mildly paranoid about their students finding them.

I also have a colleague who had a fling with a student, but I guess anybody who's been employed at a university can tell that particular anecdote sooner or later.

I cannot abide Shane Warne, but when he drops the persona he's one of the best commentators I've heard.

I think Cobbler has claimed this too.

Warnie is one of the worst commentators of any sport ever. Excluding the occasional spin delivery, he is 100% worthless in the box and a total moron.

I have colleagues on Tinder who are mildly paranoid about their students finding them.

I also have a colleague who had a fling with a student, but I guess anybody who's been employed at a university can tell that particular anecdote sooner or later.
back when i was on okcupid, i found someone who i recognised as being a french professor at where i did my undergrad. i blocked him bc while i didn't take french, all the foreign languages were in one building and you had to walk through the german section to get to the french section and with me also working in the department, i was afraid he'd know who i was. didn't even wanna risk the awkwardness.

(i don't have any tinder stories bc i've never used it, fortunately i suppose.)

back when i was on okcupid, i found someone who i recognised as being a french professor at where i did my undergrad. i blocked him bc while i didn't take french, all the foreign languages were in one building and you had to walk through the german section to get to the french section and with me also working in the department, i was afraid he'd know who i was. didn't even wanna risk the awkwardness.

(i don't have any tinder stories bc i've never used it, fortunately i suppose.)

I know a couple of people who work here who found each other on ... some dating site, not sure which, but fortunately they are very good friends and just sent each other joking messages.

I'm sure some people would think it great to find one of their colleagues. But I can't imagine that ending up as anything but messy. The collapsed relationships of co-workers that I've witnessed have just led to awkwardness and difficulty for everybody.

The collapsed relationships of co-workers that I've witnessed have just led to awkwardness and difficulty for everybody.

I had one of these. The co-worker left and ended up promoted and coming back.

I think the two of us were the only people who decided to be professional and just get work done when she came back.

Okay horny woman not so crazy.

Friend still all good (but madly crushing on).

Psycho I would be happy to never see again - shame I went out with her for so long.

Could have some interesting lunches in the next few months lol. If nothing else, any audiences - bring popcorn.

another month, another music festival. at least this time i don't have to go camping (thank god since the solstice is smack dab in the middle of this weekend and even being in the mountains isn't going to stop it from being hot). hopefully i won't fall down and fuck up my other knee.

Ugh I don't get people. Now I don't want you, you want me.

Whereas now I want someone, they won't talk to me.

I'm not cheery enough to be a schoolteacher, except for the fact I know how to fake confidence.

Ian, thanks for the entertaining string of posts. I needed that after spending the last two hours on job applications.

On the upside I've just applied for two postdocs, both of which I would be delighted to receive and for one I think I'm genuinely competitive.

I had one of these. The co-worker left and ended up promoted and coming back.

I think the two of us were the only people who decided to be professional and just get work done when she came back.

At my work a few years ago two colleagues had such a calamitous breakup that they ended up with restraining orders against each other after a fight in a hallway left one with a broken nose.

another month, another music festival. at least this time i don't have to go camping (thank god since the solstice is smack dab in the middle of this weekend and even being in the mountains isn't going to stop it from being hot). hopefully i won't fall down and fuck up my other knee.

I still think it's unnatural for it to be hot at this time of year.

Indeed, Melbourne has finally switched on winter. It's nice, after an overly warm autumn.

At my work a few years ago two colleagues had such a calamitous breakup that they ended up with restraining orders against each other after a fight in a hallway left one with a broken nose.

HOLY SHIT lol. I did it badly.

Even after we broke up the worst thing that happened in the workplace was she kissed me.

I'm letting Scottish rage down.

It was so crazy, a really fucked-up situation before the fight happened. One day they encountered each other in a narrow hallway, she thought he was threatening her, one thing led to another, and he ended up with a broken nose.

Fortunately all the other acrimonious breakups haven't led to anything more than snide rumours and harsh comments. Oddly enough, one collapsed friendship is probably more bitter than any of the ex-relationships.

...oh, though there was the stalking case.

Yes my work is a sitcom.

It was so crazy, a really fucked-up situation before the fight happened. One day they encountered each other in a narrow hallway, she thought he was threatening her, one thing led to another, and he ended up with a broken nose.

Fortunately all the other acrimonious breakups haven't led to anything more than snide rumours and harsh comments. Oddly enough, one collapsed friendship is probably more bitter than any of the ex-relationships.

...oh, though there was the stalking case.

Yes my work is a sitcom.

Holy shit!

I've had every level of snide rumour about me - but the female friends I've had only fuel those because they're funny because they're so unrealistic.

.....fuck I thought ANZ was fucked up lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom