Boonoo Boonoo River, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the fuck hadn't I listened to Moving Mountains in a whole bunch of months.

I guess I can get distracted and leave some music behind a little, but fuck I love this stuff, cranked it so much in 2014, but had barely listened since. All three of their albums are quality, with enough diversity to mark out each as rather distinct expressions of late 2000s and early 2010s emo/indie rock. It's also unbelievable how young they were when they did their first album because it's breathtakingly good. "Ode We Will Bury Ourselves" is one of my favourite songs. And to take a song from their final album, it's astonishing just how much "Swing Set" reminds me of my time in the US in 2005. I can't even explain why. But it soundtracks my thoughts when they drift back to that period of my life.

I am glad that emo is having such a great revival in recent years. It deserves to escape the bullshit reputation it acquired in the early to mid 2000s. And so many of the latest emo bands are wonderfully progressive and inclusive in ways that the more mainstream exponents of the genre in the previous decade were not. Back then you never would've got the messages of empowerment, inclusiveness, and acceptance that you do from bands like The Hotelier or The World Is a Beautiful Place and I Am Not Afraid to Die.

Fuck me, that Hotelier gig last year when they learned and played one of their old songs for me remains my best concert experience ever. I can barely imagine anything even topping that.

...OK, I must've had a bit more wine than I thought, given the way I'm rambling about music like this.

Yeah I think you deserve one about whenever you want one today.

I still think it's unnatural for it to be hot at this time of year.

Indeed, Melbourne has finally switched on winter. It's nice, after an overly warm autumn.
it's unnaturally hot here. this medication i'm on to help prevent migraines is going to do me in. one lovely side effect of it is it messes up your body's temperature regulation. i was walking around yesterday mostly in the shade and still got a horrible migraine and had to go back to the hotel early.

that weather sounds comparatively awesome.

I got into the sun today and it was HOT.

Like not an "oooh nice winter warmth".

Actually hot. A basketball singlet and a very light jacket was all I needed, and even that seemed excessive.

Last edited:
I maintain the sun is nobody's friend.

In fact, the outdoors, you're pretty and all, but you're nobody's friend.

To recap:

1. My ex wants to come back from Samoa and jump into bed with me
2. Random girl definitely wants to jump into bed with me
3. Someone else has made plans to jump into bed with me
4. I've got no fucking idea what I'm doing and it's been a long time since I can honestly say that

To recap:

4. I've got no fucking idea what I'm doing and it's been a long time since I can honestly say that

thats lots of influx of girls into your bed. whats up with that

To recap:

Slumber party.

5. Ian is about to get macked.
6. Ian is about to get macked, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom