Boonoo Boonoo River, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm fucking tired of statements that have some soft condemnation buried in them. No, take a stand you fuckers. You don't have to feign politeness to everyone, even if you have to work with them. Be clear on where you stand. That fuckwit has never made a secret of where he stands!
Little buried him, and said that we can't be like that.

But he still played nice. Fuck that. Fuck the lot of them.

I couldn't actually stand for representative office of any kind. Independents never have a shot and I won't join a party. Plus modern campaigning isn't for me. Oh for the 1850s?

I'm standing for local body only. Way below MP. And Independent.

I don't care how badly I get smacked down, but it's only right to put my proverbials on the line.

Not like it will impact my career anyway.

Yeah, I mean I still couldn't do local body. I just couldn't do campaigning.

That's why I like mid-19th century elections: it was unseemly for the candidate to go on the hustings, at least outside of the occasional public address at a town meeting or at the nominations, so their friends canvassed for them.

I'm pretty sure I've read about multiple campaigns that have used Tinder or similar.

So put up some fake super-hot person as your profile picture and go crazy campaigning. "Hey baby, wanna check out my corflutes?"

Does it cost much to run? The expense required here is enough to put me off an independent tilt at anything.

Well then, I look forward to this. :up:

...need a policy advisor?

Trams for all! I mean, hell, the Northern Busway IS designed for future conversion to light rail.

Also, just looked at the map of Kaipatiki. On one side I'm descended from Aucklanders and I'm pretty sure Kaipatiki covers where they lived. (My grandmother was a little girl when they relocated from the Shore to Masterton in the 1930s.)

Well that's the easiest job I've ever got in my life.

Shall I assume our formal negotiations about the position went something like those at 1:15 here?

Geez, you're thinking ahead then!

My first formal advice, then, is involvement in local groups to raise your profile.

Got some dumbfucks on my social media feeds bleating about "this wouldn't have happened if Bernie were the nominee!" Yeah, great one, please tell me more about this great counterfactual history of yours that's going to influence... what, exactly? I'll write it up on this invisible typewriter.
i mean based off of polls in may it's accurate but that's the thing, they're from may. i loved bernie and voted for him in the primaries. in my opinion he might have won by i have no facts to back it up. key word: might. also, cruz might have won. there's no telling unless we could somehow go back and change history.

i'm so glad i have a rave concert to go to this weekend.

i mean based off of polls in may it's accurate but that's the thing, they're from may. i loved bernie and voted for him in the primaries. in my opinion he might have won by i have no facts to back it up. key word: might. also, cruz might have won. there's no telling unless we could somehow go back and change history.

i'm so glad i have a rave concert to go to this weekend.

This is the thing. The amount of variables across half a year make the speculation difficult to sustain. And it's also reasonable to say that no conventional analysis, no past precedent, suggested a). that a candidate like Trump could win or that b). a candidate like Sanders could win more states than Clinton. In hindsight, my instinct is perhaps Sanders would have outperformed Clinton (I'm not sure if that would've led to victory) and that my belief Clinton was more electable was wrong, even if it was based on reasonable assumptions and precedents. But then if Sanders had looked like getting the nomination, would Trump have won the Republican primaries? That's the other thing. For Sanders to have won, he would've had clear momentum by late February, early enough for Republicans to rally around Cruz, Rubio, or Jeb. Would he have performed as well against them as Trump? That's unknowable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom