Boonoo Boonoo River, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i need to stop coming on here when i'm totally exhausted. i have no free time anymore though. i can't believe it's rained like three days this week. maddening.

Sent from my XT1575 using U2 Interference mobile app

I think coming on interference at work is my equivalent of other people procrastinating by taking heaps of long smoke/coffee breaks.

Nice. I haven't experienced a Guy Fawkes night since 1996. I must admit I really miss it. One year I should aim to be in New Zealand for it.

I remember almost setting the safety pads on my trampoline on fire one year.

My ex just called me on messenger and immediately cancelled the call.

Even if it was a mistake, kindly don't open up the dead chat with me so you aren't in the position to accidentally call me.

That would have been annoying if I hadn't already been up.

You can fix it in the dropdown menu at the bottom!

And we shall not discuss the rugby.

But if it had to be anybody, at least it was the Paddies! Chicago - 219 combined years of failure overturned in days!

Just got back from the basketball. This whole 'pretend I'm sociable and act like I have friends' thing might be fun. Had fun today, have basketball next Friday to go to, and a Soccer World Cup Qualifier on Sunday. Weekend after that is the Navy open day.

Plus one of my flatmates wants has suggested we join some amateur soccer club, or some type of useless sporting pursuit for shits and giggles. I'm in.

The only downside to the basketball was I wanted to buy a #6 player singlet and since I wasn't paying attention, it was only when I got home I saw I had a #9 :lol:

At least #9 isn't a numpty so I'm happy to stick with my choice.

I rather liked that the All Blacks had only ever lost to five other countries. Sucks revising that upwards.

But Ireland are such a strong rugby country that I suppose the real surprise was that they had not achieved it yet.

And oh god my November is so busy that I'm slightly terrified to think about it.

Amazingly, I've seen none! We're piling respect onto Ireland for owning us in every way.

...this isn't the New Zealand way. Who stole my country and replaced it with one that can hack the occasional All Blacks loss?

I'm starting to worry I'm at risk of over-committing myself....but fuck it, I'm lonely and being busy beats sitting around feeling sorry for myself.

That's been my approach these past eighteen months. I'm now at the point of wondering if I need to wind back my commitments and spend more time at home.

The problem is that I also have heavy work commitments and extra time at home would probably just get eaten up by those. Fucking hell does academic work follow you home. I feel like I'm never quite off the clock.

That's been my approach these past eighteen months. I'm now at the point of wondering if I need to wind back my commitments and spend more time at home.

The problem is that I also have heavy work commitments and extra time at home would probably just get eaten up by those. Fucking hell does academic work follow you home. I feel like I'm never quite off the clock.
I must admit, one thing I miss from ANZ was not being allowed to take work home.

I'm just going to go on an all-out fuck it roll for a bit. Then be sensible by about March.

In the coming month I've got to run a symposium, mark a bunch of essays, all the craziness of Melbourne Music Week, my trip to Sydney for four Crowded House gigs, a few other concerts, the need to research and write an article, a book manuscript to review for a publisher, and various other little bits and bobs.

Usually the end of the teaching period of semester feels like a welcome respite; this time it's anything but. I'll be looking forward to lazing around doing nothing over Christmas let me tell you.

Benefits of being able to take phone into the shower:
I can read the Herald while I bathe*
Hot water provides interesting results on the screen, as though you're hitting it with a million fingers**

Negatives:
Come across as pervert if Snapchat timing is bad
Must not soak my Hop card, which I keep inside my plastic case between the phone and the plastic

*=could do this more comfortably in bed and have a shorter shower
**=maybe ocean or pool activities may make this more bearable due to lower temperatures

Hmmm. Remind me that I want to teach and not become an academic.

Repeat it to me a lot.

I seriously wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Any other career I could do, I would have better job security and higher pay, and in many cases be able to leave it at the office at 5pm.

I used to tell ambitious students not to go into academia, then laugh it off and give them advice on what to consider.

I now just tell them to ruin their lives another way.

Benefits of being able to take phone into the shower:
I can read the Herald while I bathe*
Hot water provides interesting results on the screen, as though you're hitting it with a million fingers**

Negatives:
Come across as pervert if Snapchat timing is bad
Must not soak my Hop card, which I keep inside my plastic case between the phone and the plastic

*=could do this more comfortably in bed and have a shorter shower
**=maybe ocean or pool activities may make this more bearable due to lower temperatures

Negatives:
You get caught up in a conversation or reading something engaging and the water goes cold before you're done washing your hair.

That's what would happen to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom