Boonoo Boonoo River, New South Wales Superthread - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Out Of Control
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 08:54 AM   #271
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:26 AM
I'm probably worse sober if I'm pissed off enough to be discontented by email. I fold like a cheap tent when drunk.

For example, my ex sent me an apology earlier after saying some pretty crap things. Instead of remaining rightly pissed off, I said it was fine and apologised myself.

FUCK.

Old 08-08-2016, 09:36 AM   #272
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:26 AM
Nah, when I'm drunk I become far too frank with my opinions. I can remain diplomatic most of the time when I'm sober, or at least choose my audience. Drunk? Oh boy, say farewell to the filter. I'll tell anyone and everyone who I think is an absolute flog and why.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-08-2016, 09:37 AM   #273
Vocal parasite

The other problem is that time flies by! I'm not even drinking that much tonight, just some quiet wine after dinner, but now it's getting late and I cannot be fucked going to bed at all. But oh shit I think there's rugby sevens finals on in the morning.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-08-2016, 09:47 AM   #274
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:26 AM
I should get up and turn off the TV but my girlfriend is effectively sleeping on my feet.

Mind you I'm happier disturbing her than a cat.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:14 AM   #275
Vocal parasite

The cat, after all, will rip out your eyeballs and never respect you again.

The girlfriend could be persuaded to respect you again.

I mean, I wouldn't respect you in the first place, but you know...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-09-2016, 12:31 AM   #276
Vocal parasite

Our lives just materially improved: https://morbotron.com/

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-11-2016, 06:23 PM   #277
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:26 AM
Just in case anyone who posts in here cares:

Music | Sun Giants

My band finally released a pair of songs that will be on our (someday) debut record.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:49 PM   #278
Vocal parasite

Woah, haven't seen you in ages! I'll have a listen when I've got the chance. How are things?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-11-2016, 06:58 PM   #279
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Woah, haven't seen you in ages! I'll have a listen when I've got the chance. How are things?
Things have been crazy busy. Married with a baby make that the case. Especially working full time and spending almost all your free time producing music. But things are going really good!
Old 08-11-2016, 10:47 PM   #280
Blue Crack Addict

It really is amazing how dead interference has become. I'm part of another forum that is... like... 10x a many posts as interference in its heyday. If not more. When I come here and see some threads with so little or entire sections neglected, it makes me sad. What the hell happened? Did the assholes chase everyone away?
Old 08-12-2016, 12:15 AM   #281
Vocal parasite

I think Internet forums in general are on the wane in a big way, with social media overtaking them - especially for a younger crowd. Interference used to always benefit from an injection of youth as people discovered U2 with each new album. That's stopped, partly because few young people are interested in the band any more and those who are probably have little inclination to hunt out a messageboard.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-12-2016, 01:14 AM   #282
Blue Crack Addict

But, see, this other forum I'm a part of is actually growing. Crazy. Then again, I bet more people are guitar players than U2 fans, so I guess I can see it.
Old 08-12-2016, 03:46 PM   #283
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I think Internet forums in general are on the wane in a big way, with social media overtaking them - especially for a younger crowd. Interference used to always benefit from an injection of youth as people discovered U2 with each new album. That's stopped, partly because few young people are interested in the band any more and those who are probably have little inclination to hunt out a messageboard.
yeah, i think at least to a degree, tumblr has overtaken forums for discussion of fandoms as a whole. it's harder to have discussions (although they have added the messaging feature finally), but you can reblog a post and add text. they did away with that feature but then came to their senses and added it back. despite not following any u2 blogs on there, i still have a couple people i follow that are big u2 fans and they're pretty young, like high school age. so if tumblr didn't exist, i'm sure they'd be posting here (probably on pleba sry2say).

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann
Old 08-13-2016, 01:27 PM   #284
Blue Crack Addict

I do my best to completely ignore tumblr.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:11 AM   #285
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:26 AM
I actually dont wanna see the growth of The Gear Page.

Tags
superthread