Boonoo Boonoo River, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Canterbury definitely seizing the advantage again now. Is there anybody in the Barrett family who is not a fucking genius at rugby?

(Will reply to politics at half-time/after the game.)

I was thinking about this too. I think that aside from the 'enemy of my enemy is my friend' reflex - as if Anglo/American objectives in the world are not corrupt when they aren't incoherent - there is maybe a wariness in some quarters about buying into the whole kit and kaboodle.

Once you embrace Putin's Russia as The Big Bad - as opposed to a, middling to largeish, bad - you're halfway to endorsing the next shooting war. And it's not as though the US and its allies have clean hands here, tearing up the Gorbachev-era assurances and actively seeking to expand NATO as far as they can push it. I don't trust anything I read in the 'quality press', not anymore, not at face value anyway

Of course some do go to the opposite extreme, vis a vis Putin and Assad, and some fall right down the rabbit hole altogether (The Guardian's obscure bete noire 'Off Guardian', springs to mind). Some of that doesn't come from any identifiable left perspective.

I have so many opinions on this matter, it would take me days to get through. Another thing, I'm not sure liberal media want to recognise just how common Putin's brand of national-conservatism is across Europe - not in the paranoid sense of 'he's fuelling these governments!!!' but that this is so widespread at the moment. You look at the Polish and Ukrainian regimes, and I'm stunned just how much they mirror Russia whilst being so firmly opposed to them.

Wait, there's people with leftist political views sympathetic to Putin?

Are they fucking mental?

They are a minority but they exist. And I reckon it stems from a complete disillusionment with the West so far that the 'enemy' looks great to them.

That was a really ugly neck roll and he deserves the yellow card.

But it's crazy that if the ball hadn't fallen off the tee, forcing Banks to reset it, the ref would not have been able to stop play and go to the TMO. Need to sort that out. A more stable ball and Tasman could have got away with blatant foul play.

That was a really ugly neck roll and he deserves the yellow card.

But it's crazy that if the ball hadn't fallen off the tee, forcing Banks to reset it, the ref would not have been able to stop play and go to the TMO. Need to sort that out. A more stable ball and Tasman could have got away with blatant foul play.

Crazy rule. It's got to be all or nothing from the get go

Got to say I reckon I made a good point in this tweet:

[TWEET]792272210459144192[/TWEET]

Somebody ring Russel Howcroft.

Ha, I had the same thought a while ago.

It first leapt out at me when I watched that Hurricanes vs Lions semi in the Super Rugby. Lions particularly egregious sinners in that regard.

I have so many opinions on this matter, it would take me days to get through. Another thing, I'm not sure liberal media want to recognise just how common Putin's brand of national-conservatism is across Europe - not in the paranoid sense of 'he's fuelling these governments!!!' but that this is so widespread at the moment. You look at the Polish and Ukrainian regimes, and I'm stunned just how much they mirror Russia whilst being so firmly opposed to them.

Nationalist conservatism is pretty much guaranteed to fill a void if there is a void to be filled. I can't speak to the Ukraine, but I'd say Poland and Russia are both reacting in a long-view sort of way to the post-Soviet free-for-all in the nineties (aka shock therapy).

Marty Banks may be having a bad night in regular play but he at least remembers how to kick!

Speaking of that bad night Banks is having in regular play...

That faint pulse is gone again. Tasman can't seem to score two consecutive tries, and they need even more than that if they want to wrest this back. Don't see them suddenly doing it in the remaining ten or so minutes.

Looking forward to finally having some cricket on free-to-air this Thursday with the Perth Test.

I know, I want my 2016 back.

In fact, I'm still waiting for 2015 to be returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom